Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 08-04-2004, 03:04 PM

Question Compassionate Release?

Hi All!! Does anyone have any info on the BOP's compassionate release program? Also I'm looking for court cases from the year 2000 till now where an inmate has taken the BOP to court to fight their decision about the sentence reduction for RDAP. any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thanx!

shawny
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2004, 05:46 PM

Hi Shawny, here's a link for you.http://www.bop.gov/progstat/5050_046.pdf I'll try to find something on the RDAP appeal if I can.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:58 PM

These are a little old but maybe they will help.http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...eduction&hl=en ,http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...eduction&hl=en
Old 08-05-2004, 04:48 AM
Donna

We submitted Compassionate Release Request for my sister on April 29 when she was diagnosed with terminal cancer and told she had 6 months to live. It is still being processed. Is now before the Director -- BOP. It has taken so long at each step of the way. I am afraid she will die before this goes through. I have contacted EVERYONE and no one has been able to speed it up. This is not compassionate. She is 64 years old, first time, non violent. has family who can provide her care.
no one will listen to reason. THE process is so inhumane. The judge says he will ok when it gets to him but it has not gotten to him yet. I am so afraid she will die in prison without her family. We drive 2400 miles each weekend to visit her from VA to TX. She is at Carswell FMC.
If anyone has suggestions, I would appreciate. Added to this my step-daughter died unexpectantly 2 weeks ago. Almost more than we can bear.
Thanks. Donna Hoy