Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-11-2006, 12:42 PM

Default Visitation at Jackson

My ex husband was transfered to Jackson in June. I had to fill out a paper for visitation and a mail it in. That was the last week in June and I haven't heard if I have been approved for visitation. There is no reason why I would not be aloud to visit- I just wonder what the hold up is? Does anyone know how long it usually takes to be approved for visitation? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2006, 02:24 PM
waiting for him

I believe I was approved after about 2 weeks...it can vary a bit, due to paperwork delay, I am sure - but your husband should be able to find out from his counselor by now. I noticed that he had recently been transferred, the last week in May. Hopefully hubby will be able to tell you in a letter soon, or you can call the prison. Good luck and hope you hear something tomorrow!!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:23 PM

where do i get that form?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:53 PM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

He has to send it to you
Old 06-22-2007, 02:46 AM

Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfern
My ex husband was transfered to Jackson in June. I had to fill out a paper for visitation and a mail it in. That was the last week in June and I haven't heard if I have been approved for visitation. There is no reason why I would not be aloud to visit- I just wonder what the hold up is? Does anyone know how long it usually takes to be approved for visitation? Thanks.
did you say just got there in June, well he has to be there 60 days before they can have visit or phone calls first...then maybe 2 weeks after that you can visit...they have to take test and fill out paper work, and stuff like that...maybe GOD will do something different, sometimes can´t depend on man to work it out, GOD can do all things.....