Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison > PWCIP - Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PWCIP - Introductions Welcome to the Parents With Children in Prison Forum. Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself!

Old 10-21-2017, 08:48 PM

Default New and scared to death!

My son has been in county for 3 months and was just sentenced on Wednesday to 4 years in prison. I have so much fear and am so upset, my world has just been turned upside down. I am trying to hold it together for my hubby, daughter, and older son but I am terrified! I have so many questions, I don't even know where to start. We live in Northern California so he will go to Tracy for reception. Will I be able to visit him while he is in reception? Do I need to go to the Tracy prison forum? My son is saying he will only have to do 50% of a 4 year term with 168 days credit from county. Hopefully this is true. Any help or support will be greatly welcomed!
The Following User Says Thank You to sadkins61 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-08-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2017, 04:25 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,124 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadkins61 View Post
My son has been in county for 3 months and was just sentenced on Wednesday to 4 years in prison. I have so much fear and am so upset, my world has just been turned upside down. I am trying to hold it together for my hubby, daughter, and older son but I am terrified! I have so many questions, I don't even know where to start. We live in Northern California so he will go to Tracy for reception. Will I be able to visit him while he is in reception? Do I need to go to the Tracy prison forum? My son is saying he will only have to do 50% of a 4 year term with 168 days credit from county. Hopefully this is true. Any help or support will be greatly welcomed!
It's very difficult, but it does get easier as things settle down and he gets to his home prison. My son got 8 years in AZ with 85% having to be served. After he was sent to the first home prison, where he stayed for a few months, he was moved to a privately run prison, where he has been for the past 4 plus years. My first visit there, things started to get easier, because I knew where he was, what it looked like, how things worked. The more you learn, helps. I think with most things in life, our biggest contributor to the fear and stress is when things are simply unknown and new for us.

As parents, it all especially difficult for us - we can't fix it, we aren't in control. The parents in this forum are from all over the country and some are in other countries. As to the state specific questions, you might want to check the California forum and post your question there. There will be many there able to help specifically as to CA prisons and laws.

Sadly - welcome to our world.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (10-29-2017), nimuay (10-28-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 05:49 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,956 Times in 11,667 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Here is the link to the CA prison forums
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127

and the CDCR's frequently asked questions for families of adult prisoners
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Ombuds/FAQs_Adult_Inmates.html