Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-06-2003, 10:12 PM

Hi everyone, My name is Sarah. My fiance' is in Lee County , CCA/LAC in eastern ky. which is 7 hours from my home. although he finally recieved papers stating that he had been reclassed. and is currently on the list to be moved to Ferdonia, WKCC about an hour away. he is currently serving a 12 year sentence.

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2005&month=7&day=27&offset=12"> </script>Days until his first parole hearing
<script language="JavaScript" src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2015&month=1&day=27&offset=12"> </script> Days until his max date
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2003, 04:07 PM

My husband is at the Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex in West Liberty Kentucky. He is serving a 17 year sentence which includes the original charge of Robbery for 10 years. He was out on parole for less than a month when he went back. He was violated on a possession charge. He recieved an additional seven years for that. It's been hard, but I love him. He is about 90 miles from home, yet I make it there every Sunday.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:40 PM

My husband is in GRCC in Central City KY
Old 12-11-2003, 12:54 PM

My husband is being transferred to FPC Ashland, KY. Does anyone else have a loved one there? What can I expect?
Old 12-11-2003, 03:15 PM

Welcome aboard, I am sorry I can't help you with the camp at Ashland, hoepfully someone will come along in the Federal forum and be able to help you
Old 12-13-2003, 08:32 PM

He everyone! Got great news. Ronnie finally got transfered out of Lee co. in eastern ky. He Is now at Western Ky correctional complex., 45 minutes away over here in western KY!!!

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2005&month=7&day=27&offset=12"> </script>Days until his first parole hearing
<script language="JavaScript" src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2015&month=1&day=27&offset=12"> </script> Days until his max date
Old 12-13-2003, 08:33 PM

Does anyone Know anything about WKCC????
if so let me know please.

Old 12-18-2003, 04:22 PM

My son, Tristan Thompson is at Kentucky State Penetentiary. I have not got to visit him there. He said he doesn't want visitors. He said it's not a good place to come visit. I miss him so bad. It's been about a year since I have seen him. Hopefully if all goes well he will be out of there in 13 more months.
Old 12-26-2003, 03:16 AM

My brother is in FPC.He has been there since June.He says there is not much to do there.But he at least has a job he can go to,I think 2-4 days a week.Otherwise he does alot of reading his Bible and writing letters.My mom and my sister-in-law has only been there 2 or 3 times,because we live in Illinois and it is hard to get there.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:45 PM

My fiancee is in Breckenridge County Jail. He tends to get moved alot though so that could be different at anytime.
Old 12-30-2003, 12:50 AM

My fiance has been at KSP since 1999. Our visits are infrequent, as I reside in Chicago.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:02 AM

It wasn't so bad when my brother was at Rochester Medical,MN,and then to Oxford,WI,and then back to Rochester.The drive was easier.Now he is at Ashland Camp, which is hard to get to,all this in 2 years.He wanted to go back to Oxford,but they were having water problems I think.Otherwise they said Ashland was the closest camp.He even wrote to Washington DC,and they wouldn't reduce his sentence or move him closer.So much for being closer to family,and he still has 6 years.So we keep pressing forward.My sister-in-law says 2004 will be a year for good and great things to happen.So we pray that this is the year he will get out.And I pray this will be a great year for all the families with thier loved ones that are incarcerated,that good things will come.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:13 AM

My Scott is, at this moment is in the Daviess County Detention Center awaiting the judge, but we expect him to be retransferred back to Green River Correctional Complex next month. He has been behind the fence for nearly 10 months now(with a possibility of another 4 yrs), and it does't seem to be getting any easier here at home. Each day it is a constant struggle just to get out of bed in the mornings.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:23 AM

Welcome to PTO. I would like to tell you it gets easier, but it really doesn't. Think positive, try to stay busy and let Scott know that you are with him 100% and you'll both get through this.

May the new year bring much happiness to both of you

mrslmw
Old 12-31-2003, 02:54 PM

Thank you mrslmw for the words of encouragement (I can really use them this week). I have tried to stay busy. 3 weeks after he left, I enrolled myself into college hoping to keep my mind occupied with something else besides sadness. It hasn't help much, but at least when this is all over I will have a degree
Old 01-04-2004, 10:14 PM

My fiance is in Grayson County, he jus got transfered there seems to be better then the last he was in (carrollton) he seems to like it better, but its a couple hours MORE to go visit... I am in Greenville Ohio..
Old 01-05-2004, 09:09 PM

Thumbs up FCI Ashland, KY

FCI Ashland visiting is Th-M 8:30 a to 3:15 p once you are on the visitors list.
Getting approved can take time...up to a month. If this is your first time visiting wear warm clothes...the new visitors center is cold...and bring a variety of coins...the vending machines ask for exact change...prices run from
45 cents up. Food is pretty good. Visitors area has a small chldren's play area with a TV mounted way up on the wall...by someone who obviously has kids. :-) Mail flows pretty well but the guys there are limited on envelopes and stamps with sometimes only three or four envelopes each two weeks. Mail sometimes gets backlogged going in. Phone access is pretty good and calls can be bought via a prepaid plan. Hope this helps. The FCI staff are generally polite. Conditions inside? Whatever your guy chooses to make of it.
PS Alluring clothes may keep you from getting past the reception desk.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the camp. If you check your guy's reporting papers you should find a telephone number for prisoner support. Maybe the person manning that number can answer quesitons you may have.

PTO I appreciate you all more than you can imagine. You and your loved ones are all in my prayers.

Last edited by ButterflyDancer; 01-05-2004 at 09:23 PM..
Old 01-08-2004, 06:55 PM

well they moved him again! He is now at Grayson County, in Leitchfield KY but they are telling me they plan to move him again to La Grange KY.... Is so much easier to visit and write if they wouldnt move him around 4 times a year!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 12:45 AM

My fiance is at FCI Ashland. I am thankful for it. Because it is pretty close to where I live. I got to visit Glen pretty quick after he went in. Glen says that is high paid daycare for adults. He has made a few friends who he talks to regularly, but he is pretty much a keep to himself kinda guy. I go in visiting him wondering if anyone there visiting is a pto member. I have long dark hair, and usually have my little boy with me. As far as prisons go, from what I have heard anyway, it ain't too bad, at least thats what he tells me. He calls me every night. we try to limit the time we talk, so he dosen't run out of minutes. they get 300 per month. last month, the phone cut off on us about 5 minutes into our conversation, and it just happened to be the next day that he could purchase more minutes. worked out pretty well. This whole thing sure dosen't get any easier. I try not to get emotional when I visit, but it's hard not to. He says it makes it harder on him, but sometimes it is nice to have his shoulder to cry on instead on burying my face in my pillow.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:54 PM

Jenken,

Maybe they will leave him be for awhile now. Is LaGrange easier for you to get to to visit him?

mammanick, vickileigh, wjr and EVERYONE else in the KY forum, HI, glad to have you with us

I am sorry if I am hit and miss around here lately, but I am very busy with my regular job, a new business, and school starts again on Monday so I am a bit frazzled. Still I am glad to see the KY forum growing, and please, if you are orig. from KY do not ever get offended at the jabs I take at the Commonwealth, while I won't apologize for how I see things, I have ranted about something in every state I've ever lived in. If I'm not bit**ing, I'm not happy. My boss says I'm the happiest damm employee he's ever had
Old 01-14-2004, 10:44 PM

my fiancee is on his way to BIG SANDY USP. If anyone has any info on this facility let me know. i am in SC and would lovet o find soemone to travel with.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:29 AM

Katie,

He is actually going to Big Sandy? I was wondering when they were going to start taking prisoners at the USP.

There's not much info on this one as it's brand new. So far only the camp has been open.

It is located in Martin County, KY near Inez. It's pretty close to the W. Va state line, in the middle of nowhere.

I think there is a Super 8 motel there--pretty sure I saw that on a web search on Inez.

Let us know when he gets there and please let us know if they are using the drug scanner for visitors. As this is a new prison, I suspect they will.

Sorry I can't offer to travel with you, but I am already in KY. There is a chance that we may end up there as well, but I'm hoping not. God, I do NOT want to live in Martin County, my car insurance is high enough now

mrslmw
Old 01-20-2004, 11:11 PM

This Is My First Time Here. I Have Been Visiting This Site For Several Months. My Man Is At Fmc Lexington, Doing 18 Months, 6 More To Go.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:56 PM

My spouse is currently at the FMC lexington, KY. female camp. It's a minimum security facility. She has about 5 months left. Can't wait to get her home! Although I have not been on here long, this site has been really supportive. Thanks for everones encouraging words.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:06 PM

marion adjustment center