Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-01-2011, 06:01 PM
codysgirl11's Avatar
codysgirl11 codysgirl11 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ottawa, ontario, canada
Posts: 588
Thanks: 270
Thanked 277 Times in 157 Posts
Default Gurney unit is on lockdown 7/23/11

As of July 23rd, Gurney is on lockdown. Don't know for how long.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Arobertson61910 Arobertson61910 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 123
Thanks: 16
Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts
Default Is Gurney still on Lockdown??

I know that Gurney went into lockdown last week while I was gone, does anyone know if they still are in lockdown?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-03-2011, 10:04 AM
HWYATT's Avatar
HWYATT HWYATT is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 67
Thanks: 23
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Nephew is there also. Anyone have any updated info on lockdown? or why they are on lockdown? I got a letter from my nephew he wrote the night of the 23rd and didn't mention anything. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-03-2011, 11:22 AM
CindiS CindiS is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 46
Thanks: 33
Thanked 60 Times in 21 Posts
Default

I'm interested in knowing also. Someone here knows I'm sure we will hear soon. I have not had any contact with my son since he was moved there on July the 21st. If I understand correctly that is pretty normal. Least, that is what I keep telling myself.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-03-2011, 05:55 PM
HWYATT's Avatar
HWYATT HWYATT is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 67
Thanks: 23
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Cindi,

That is was common with my nephew. They go through processing, which has taken 3 weeks so far. I call and check every Friday with inmate records. They can not call out, again according to inmate records, until they are finished processing. I just received my letter the other day and he has been there since July 14th. Also, they only go to commissary every so often and I think they are limited on the quantity of what they can get. Hope you hear from your son very soon


Quote:
Originally Posted by CindiS View Post
I'm interested in knowing also. Someone here knows I'm sure we will hear soon. I have not had any contact with my son since he was moved there on July the 21st. If I understand correctly that is pretty normal. Least, that is what I keep telling myself.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-03-2011, 06:52 PM
CindiS CindiS is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 46
Thanks: 33
Thanked 60 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYATT View Post
Cindi,

That is was common with my nephew. They go through processing, which has taken 3 weeks so far. I call and check every Friday with inmate records. They can not call out, again according to inmate records, until they are finished processing. I just received my letter the other day and he has been there since July 14th. Also, they only go to commissary every so often and I think they are limited on the quantity of what they can get. Hope you hear from your son very soon
Thank you. The only way I hear from my son is when he is able to send me a letter. He cannot call me cause it is international. I checked into google voice to try that but (and don't ask me how or why) it won't work due to my phone being in my husband's name instead of my name. However, with that being said, I never ever expected to hear from my son while he was incarcerated so I was very happy and surprised when i did get two letters from him before he went to Gurney. I always try to expect the least so that way I get lots of great surprises in life. =)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-04-2011, 08:24 AM
larrylynch larrylynch is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 35
Thanks: 9
Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Lockdown ended yesterday at Gurney...our son called last night. He has heat rash all over his back from laying on his bunk so long, but we will visit Saturday to give him a couple of hours relief from the heat.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to larrylynch For This Useful Post:
CindiS (08-04-2011), HWYATT (08-04-2011)
  #8  
Old 08-04-2011, 08:49 AM
codysgirl11's Avatar
codysgirl11 codysgirl11 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ottawa, ontario, canada
Posts: 588
Thanks: 270
Thanked 277 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylynch View Post
Lockdown ended yesterday at Gurney...our son called last night. He has heat rash all over his back from laying on his bunk so long, but we will visit Saturday to give him a couple of hours relief from the heat.
Yipee! Tell your son, if he can, to buy either hydrocortisone cream, medicated powder or baby powder off of commissary. Works well for heat rash.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codysgirl11 For This Useful Post:
determined23 (08-04-2011)
  #9  
Old 08-04-2011, 11:44 AM
CindiS CindiS is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 46
Thanks: 33
Thanked 60 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylynch View Post
Lockdown ended yesterday at Gurney...our son called last night. He has heat rash all over his back from laying on his bunk so long, but we will visit Saturday to give him a couple of hours relief from the heat.
Thank you for letting us know!! That is great news.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:11 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics