Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:01 PM

Default Gurney unit is on lockdown 7/23/11

As of July 23rd, Gurney is on lockdown. Don't know for how long.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 02:00 PM

Default Is Gurney still on Lockdown??

I know that Gurney went into lockdown last week while I was gone, does anyone know if they still are in lockdown?

Old 08-03-2011, 10:04 AM

Nephew is there also. Anyone have any updated info on lockdown? or why they are on lockdown? I got a letter from my nephew he wrote the night of the 23rd and didn't mention anything. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-03-2011, 11:22 AM

I'm interested in knowing also. Someone here knows I'm sure we will hear soon. I have not had any contact with my son since he was moved there on July the 21st. If I understand correctly that is pretty normal. Least, that is what I keep telling myself.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:55 PM

Cindi,

That is was common with my nephew. They go through processing, which has taken 3 weeks so far. I call and check every Friday with inmate records. They can not call out, again according to inmate records, until they are finished processing. I just received my letter the other day and he has been there since July 14th. Also, they only go to commissary every so often and I think they are limited on the quantity of what they can get. Hope you hear from your son very soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindiS View Post
I'm interested in knowing also. Someone here knows I'm sure we will hear soon. I have not had any contact with my son since he was moved there on July the 21st. If I understand correctly that is pretty normal. Least, that is what I keep telling myself.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYATT View Post
Cindi,

That is was common with my nephew. They go through processing, which has taken 3 weeks so far. I call and check every Friday with inmate records. They can not call out, again according to inmate records, until they are finished processing. I just received my letter the other day and he has been there since July 14th. Also, they only go to commissary every so often and I think they are limited on the quantity of what they can get. Hope you hear from your son very soon
Thank you. The only way I hear from my son is when he is able to send me a letter. He cannot call me cause it is international. I checked into google voice to try that but (and don't ask me how or why) it won't work due to my phone being in my husband's name instead of my name. However, with that being said, I never ever expected to hear from my son while he was incarcerated so I was very happy and surprised when i did get two letters from him before he went to Gurney. I always try to expect the least so that way I get lots of great surprises in life. =)
Old 08-04-2011, 08:24 AM

Lockdown ended yesterday at Gurney...our son called last night. He has heat rash all over his back from laying on his bunk so long, but we will visit Saturday to give him a couple of hours relief from the heat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to larrylynch For This Useful Post:
CindiS (08-04-2011), HWYATT (08-04-2011)
Old 08-04-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylynch View Post
Lockdown ended yesterday at Gurney...our son called last night. He has heat rash all over his back from laying on his bunk so long, but we will visit Saturday to give him a couple of hours relief from the heat.
Yipee! Tell your son, if he can, to buy either hydrocortisone cream, medicated powder or baby powder off of commissary. Works well for heat rash.
The Following User Says Thank You to codysgirl11 For This Useful Post:
determined23 (08-04-2011)
Old 08-04-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylynch View Post
Thank you for letting us know!! That is great news.