Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Default This Thursday Night!

The 6th Annual Doc/cure Parole Board Forum Will Be Held March 29, Thursday, At 6:45pm At District 3 Police Building In Denver On I-25 And So. University Blvd., 1625 S. University Blvd. Members Of The Co Board Of Parole Will Be There To Answer Questions, As Will Members Of The Doc Division Of Adult Parole And Community Corrections.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2007, 10:33 PM

If you had a chance to watch this, what type of information was given?
Old 04-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Basically, the head of the Adult Parole and Community Corrections and the Parole Board were there to answer questions. A lot of the questions asked were case specific. Most of the information given can be found in the Admin Regs.

It was much the same last year with the Board posturing and saying that everything they do is ordered by statute...but then I piped and said except the part of the parole statute that says you're supposed to weigh EVERYTHING mitigating and aggravating and you don't do that...HA.

I met with Dave Michaud personally. My mom was his admin assistant when he was the Chief of Police. He gave me a big hug and asked my personal opinion not only about parole but corrections as a whole...I told him what he already knew...that without programs in DOC facilities, offenders will keep going back to prison...it's a revolving door. I am hoping to be able to meet with him and talk to him about stuff and any input from you guys will help a lot...you have to know that he and Zavaras are very good friends and he can help bring about a lot of positive change in the system.