Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Recidivism and Re-entry
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Recidivism and Re-entry Share information, research, and personal experiences.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:45 PM
his wifey

Thanked 1,512 Times in 799 Posts
Default Arrested Thursday night and need some advice

Well o Well, look who's posting in this section....just when I thought everything was going well. This is what happened. My husband came home from school and he had a friend with him. He had a test Friday so he planned on coming right back to study. On his way back he was going to pick up dinner because I wasn't feeling well. He gets stopped on a bogus tint charge and expired registration. The car has had the same tint since being purchased over a year ago and the registration was not expired. They searched the car and said he had a burglary kit. He has a bail of only $500. Now he is on parole so he also has a hold.

I just washed his school clothes because they were filthy. He is half way done with a power line course with job placement. The items in his car were all dealing with that: hard hat, handkerchief, rope, electrical equipement, etc... He tried to tell the officers all this is for school. They told him they were going to take him in and let his po decide what to do with him.

My husband has not violated in a year. He was up for his annual review in October where his po was going to request he be taken off parole. His max out date is in March. He can only miss 3 days. After that he will be taken out of the program. Friday was his first day.

My question is what do I do or is there anything I can do. I went to the po office to turn over his school registration forms, the diploma from the first school he attended (and couldn't find steady employment from) and our marriage license. His previous po did not take any of this information down thus not showing my husband has a steady life now. The po is waiting on the police report to decide what to do.

This program has changed my husband. He was happy with the first school but became depressed when he couldn't find steady work. I see the glow in his eyes again. Once he finishes this, he could start off making more than me and I've been teaching for 19 years. He just wants to take care of me as I took care of him while he was down.

I don't know what to do. I am so tired of this life and going down this same road. I have been in this bed for 2 days straight. I lashed out at him when I really didn't mean it. I want to suggest to the po to put him on a bracelet or something, even having him surrender himself on the weekends. I just don't want him to be put out this program because at the end of the day, he will be off paper in 7 months regardless and he has to have a legal way of providing for his family. How do I suggest this without being overbearing to his po. Also, he was on the wait list for this program for 2 1/2 years so it's not like he can just pick up where he left off. The first class out of 3 started with 70 people and this second class has 40. They're cutting them fast.

Not to mention my birthday is at the end of the month and our one year anniversary is in Oct.
lil peep (09-15-2013), marie8899 (12-05-2016), Summerlove92 (09-15-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2013, 06:00 AM

Thanked 1,294 Times in 490 Posts
Thumbs up

I am so sorry this has happened. I don't have any good advice just wanted to show some support.I can certainly understand why the both of you are discouraged. (this current situation). Hopefully his PO will be able to see clearly what the situation really was all about and this situation will be resolved speedily!
afirsttimer (09-15-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 12:34 PM

Wow, what a horrible things to have to go thru. Your hubby is doing everything right and yet he still gets slammed with suspicion and false allegations. I would document everything, including my verbal conversations with everyone who is involved (PO, police, etc) and just keep fighting the good fight and hopefully you will be victorious.

It's such a shame that happened though. I have a LO who will be released soon and I fear for them because they will live in an area notorious for stopping people for no cause and confiscating large amounts of cash or expensive items by alleging they are part of drug dealing (even though they have NO proof and the owners of the items can prove that they earned the money or own the property legally).

Sad that this happens so often and that the police and courts can be so crooked.
afirsttimer (09-15-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 03:51 PM

Thanked 3,337 Times in 1,672 Posts

Aww hon *big hugs* I'm so sorry you guys are dealing with this! There probably isn't much you can do since you said his PO is waiting for the police report. If your husband was looking at getting released off parole early, that has to show something. The PO knows he's doing what he's supposed to, you know? This life is tiring...no doubt about it, but you guys can make it through this. No matter what, we're here for you!
The Following User Says Thank You to lil peep For This Useful Post:
afirsttimer (09-15-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 11:29 PM

I wonder if it would be helpful if the instructor wrote a letter stating that the items that they found (hard hat, handkerchief, rope, electrical equipment, etc) are all necessary equipment for the course he is taking and will be a part of the career he is pursuing.

Of course I don't know if the school or instructor knows about your husband's record. If they don't then maybe hubby would be hesitant to bring it up to the instructor. But it might be a really good idea to confide in the instructor so that he can vouch for your hubby. Sometimes it can really help for the PO to get some positive feedback from employers or instructors. It would probably help a lot to have the instructor or another authority at the school to vouch for your hubby and the great progress that he is doing at the school.

I wish you the best of luck with that.
afirsttimer (09-16-2013), hisbabyny (10-02-2013), lil peep (09-16-2013), nevaeh2morrow (09-19-2013), OffenderNoMore (10-03-2013)
Old 09-16-2013, 12:37 AM
Walking By Faith...

Stay In Encouraged and Trust In The Lord...
I too am going through a similar situation with my husband. In his case he was violated because of a class that he withdrew from to attend a closer location. The counselor terminated instead of withdrawing him which was false and put him back in prison. Keep fighting because these p.o.'s can say one thing and do another. Hopefully in your case the p.o. verifies the information and take the hold off and go get him without trying to revoke him. My hubby has his revocation hearing in 9 days I will definitely keep you all in my prayers for him to come home soon!

No Weapon Formed Against Me. .
The Following User Says Thank You to Trainsbackbone For This Useful Post:
afirsttimer (09-16-2013)
Old 09-16-2013, 02:01 AM
his wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerKittieKat View Post
I wonder if it would be helpful if the instructor wrote a letter stating that the items that they found (hard hat, handkerchief, rope, electrical equipment, etc) are all necessary equipment for the course he is taking and will be a part of the career he is pursuing.

Of course I don't know if the school or instructor knows about your husband's record. If they don't then maybe hubby would be hesitant to bring it up to the instructor. But it might be a really good idea to confide in the instructor so that he can vouch for your hubby. Sometimes it can really help for the PO to get some positive feedback from employers or instructors. It would probably help a lot to have the instructor or another authority at the school to vouch for your hubby and the great progress that he is doing at the school.

I wish you the best of luck with that.
The instructor does not know about my husband being on parole but I was thinking of trying to talk to him.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:23 PM
his wifey

Well good news. The police report came back in my husband's favor. It seems the police only took items to give the appearance of a charge (the scull cap, gloves, tape and screwdriver). Both the po and his supervision see that because they left the goggles, rope and hard hat. Now it's a race to get him out of there before they load him on the bus going to county irc. I have a bail already set for the 500. It's a race against the clock.
DVNESSA68 (09-16-2013), lil peep (09-16-2013), nevaeh2morrow (09-19-2013), OffenderNoMore (10-03-2013), patchouli (09-16-2013), Summerlove92 (09-16-2013)
Old 09-16-2013, 03:28 PM

Let us know what happens! I hope you guys can get him out in time!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lil peep For This Useful Post:
afirsttimer (09-16-2013), Summerlove92 (09-19-2013)
Old 09-16-2013, 03:57 PM
his wifey

The parole hold has been dropped along with all his charges. The problem is the parole hold is still showing. I know for a fact the hold was taken off about 12:30 but the computers haven't updated. I'm getting nervous. If they put him on that bus I'm hoping the computers will update by the time he hits downtown. Keep your fingers crossed!
lil peep (09-17-2013), sidewalker (09-24-2013)
Old 09-16-2013, 04:32 PM
BUG from around the way..
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,319 Times in 1,650 Posts

So hopeful for you friend! Fingers and toes all crossed!
afirsttimer (09-16-2013), Summerlove92 (09-19-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 12:03 AM
his wifey

I'm almost in tears. He is at inmate reception center being processed in. I just have to have faith that they will turn around and process him out so he can go to class on Wednesday. I cannot believe they are processing him in as we speak!!! And for those of you who do not know, LA County is like the largest county system. It can take up to 14 hours for them to be processed and get a bed. I wonder if they will see his hold being dropped at some point and turn him around. I'm still praying this man calls me in the middle of the night.
lil peep (09-17-2013), marie8899 (12-05-2016)
Old 09-17-2013, 12:08 AM
his wifey

I've also decided I am going to go down and talk to his teacher if he's not out by Wednesday. I don't care if my husband gets mad at me. He's not going to do it because he says the teacher doesn't play and doesn't accept any excuses but there are area's of grey with everyone. It can't hurt plus a closed mouth never gets fed. I'll deal with my husband later if he gets upset. I just haven't seen that sense of accomplishment and pride since he went to that other school. He couldn't find steady employment with that and I had to watch him go into these depressions of not being a provider. I see the spark in his eyes again. I don't want him to give up, ya know. He's just come so far.
lil peep (09-17-2013), marie8899 (12-05-2016), Summerlove92 (09-19-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 12:21 AM
his wifey

Oh, and did I tell you guys his Iphone 5 somehow disappeared??? It is not in his property nor was it in the car when I checked it. Guess who is going to that police station once he is released to get that phone!!!
lil peep (09-17-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 03:28 PM
his wifey

He's out! He walked through the door at 5:45 am and surprised me. Now here's the next problem. The teacher is not trying to let him back in the class. This fool told him he was sick instead of the truth. He has been waiting to talk to the administrator all morning. I haven't heard from him since lunch time so hopefully they let him in. I told him to tell the administrator the truth and say he told the teacher he was sick because he didn't want him to know because he respects him so much. Still send prayers up and fingers crossed.
Jay1 (09-18-2013), lil peep (09-18-2013), marie8899 (12-05-2016), sidewalker (09-24-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Donation Award 

Well at least he is out, hope everything works out with the class. Did you get the iphone back?
Old 09-18-2013, 04:43 PM

Thank god he's out! That's one step at least! Hopefully he can get back into the class...
Old 09-19-2013, 09:58 PM
his wifey

Everything worked out! He said his iPhone "all of a sudden" appeared in his property. It was not there when he was booked. And he got himself back in the class but I didn't know this. The administrator was late so I told him to ask the teacher if he could at least join the afternoon session. When I got there to pick him up I saw him at one of the poles. I spoke to the teacher and told him what really happened and that my husband didn't want him to know he was on parole (to try to cover the lie). The teacher barely let me get the whole story out before he said this happens a lot. He offered to write a letter to the courts but I told him that wasn't necessary. Then he said we specialize with this type of situations. He told me to tell him if he needs to take a urine test or anything dealing with his parole. Then he told me don't worry. He's going to get through and have a job.
COMPLETElyhis (09-24-2013), craziness (10-25-2013), justinjencoe201 (11-30-2016), lil peep (09-20-2013), mrs.bug (09-23-2013), OffenderNoMore (10-03-2013), sidewalker (09-24-2013), Summerlove92 (09-20-2013), walkingtourist (09-21-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 02:13 PM

I'm so happy for you guys! He must be feeling very relieved!
The Following User Says Thank You to lil peep For This Useful Post:
afirsttimer (09-22-2013)
Old 09-20-2013, 03:35 PM
Donation Award 

Yay!!! Phew everything worked out and all is well in husband-land!
afirsttimer (09-22-2013)
Old 09-22-2013, 11:14 PM
his wifey

Thank you everyone....yes, everything is well in husband-land again!!!!
COMPLETElyhis (09-24-2013), lil peep (09-24-2013), mrs.bug (09-23-2013), sidewalker (09-24-2013)
Old 09-22-2013, 11:57 PM

My husband topped out on ALL his time(felony & misdemeanor) well thats what he thought & thats what he was also told. Well he got released from prison & about 6months later a misdemeanor warrant was issued several hundred miles away for a completely different county. Well he ended up getting arrested & was transported to that county. So while he was sitting in jail I was following his case to a T contacting public defenders, head probation officers of that county etc. On this misdemeanor charge he was sentenced to 2years supervised probation & if he violated he would spend 365days in jail. Well when he was released from prison a year of his probation was already done with & by the time he got arrested he had only 5months left. Before I had contacted the head PO & public defender they were planning on either reinstating the full 2years of probation or making him spend 365days in county. Once I explained to them that he is the primary bread winner & there are 3 young children involved & they needed there daddy. Both the PO & public defender were asking the judge to just finish off the last 5months & they also issued his probation to be transferred back down to the county we currently reside in. The head PO flat out told him the ONLY reason he was released was because of me apparently Iam very persuasive. He is now completely 100% off paper. So my advice be persistent find out who the public defender is if you dont have an attorney make sure the public defender has his best interest at heart & any documents requested or you think are important for the case get copied & submitted immediately. Check your states court repository constantly. Good luck to you both & be persuasive!!!!!!
afirsttimer (09-25-2013)
Old 09-24-2013, 07:12 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,329 Times in 14,296 Posts

afirsttimer.
Oh man oh man, am I glad I read this today instead of back on the 15th.
Whew!!!!!!!!!! I could totally feel your panic, fear, and stress. Hell, it was stressing me out!
I hate it when the police make a mountain out of a molehill. That is some dirty dealing right there.
btw......I'd get that tint removed asap. No need to go thru this crap again.
Im very glad this turned around for you, and hubby.

Also glad the instructor was so supportive! That is great!
Sometimes support comes when you least expect it to.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
afirsttimer (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 11:56 PM
his wifey

Who are you telling Sidewalker....he didn't want to tell the teacher because he is a hard nose former Marine officer and runs the program like a drill sergeant. But I always came from the mindset that a closed mouth doesn't get fed!
sidewalker (09-27-2013)
Old 10-29-2016, 05:51 PM

I'm glad your husband lucked out. My guy did prison time for bolt cutters and tools. He's a mechanic and made no difference.. .. he has no luck with system