Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:03 AM
Lil British Site Moderator on Leave

Thanked 12,098 Times in 5,055 Posts

Sorry to hear your news but glad you were able to hear from him after all this time.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2018, 05:40 AM
Married May 27, 2017!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Sorry to hear your news but glad you were able to hear from him after all this time.
So he's probably going back to CMRC. Community Corrections board said he can reapply in 3 months and try for the other halfway house and get a different therapist. They were shocked that I was taken away from him with no legitimate reason.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:13 PM

Hi everyone. I live in Sterling and my husband is currently at territorial waiting. I also did time in DW and la vista.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopeintheworld For This Useful Post:
maytayah (12-21-2018), nancyginnm (12-09-2018)
Old 12-21-2018, 08:10 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome!
Old 06-22-2019, 04:51 AM

Unhappy new in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStar View Post
Where is everyone? Its 2018... I know this forum is a little slower, but.... anyone? Anyone?

My inmate is in Delta.
my love sentenced to over 70 years...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to valdemago For This Useful Post:
maytayah (06-22-2019), sidewalker (06-23-2019)
Old 06-22-2019, 07:02 AM
Lil British Site Moderator on Leave

Thanked 12,098 Times in 5,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdemago View Post
my love sentenced to over 70 years...
Welcome to the Colorado forums, I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with such a long sentence

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 06-22-2019, 09:30 PM

70 years is a long time so sorry to hear that. I am almost there with you my love was sentenced to 48 years. He has only done 10 years
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WeAreSoulMates For This Useful Post:
maytayah (06-23-2019), sidewalker (06-23-2019)
Old 05-02-2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
This is correct. The only thing I would add is to take a $5 bill to purchase the card. Some think you can use ones or twenties but no can do. During the weekend food goes pretty fast so I would get all the food you think he would want right when you get there. If you have a special visit during the week, you can assume that the machines are (90% empty. When they do stock, the food is actually decent (compared to other facilities) but VERY overpriced. You can plan on spending $6 per item.

If your concerned with him missing chow for the visit, you may want to tell him to eat breakfast before the visit.

Also, this facility is VERY strict on the dress code. I'd make sure you read and re-read the rules. Also ALWAYS take a change of clothing just in case.

I am hopefully visiting a loved one for the first time at Territorial in July (flying in with his family from Pennsylvania). I'm a bit a of a wreck stressing out, absolutely no experience! I don't want to accidentally stir the pot! I was planning on wearing a conservative shift dress with a jean jacket over it . . If it is like barely touching my knee etc., how strict?
We have been friends since high school, even senior prom together . . But I still haven't seen him in person in almost 10 years
All advice is more appreciate than I can express!!
Old 05-02-2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse1 View Post
Thanks for the compliment on my user name. A bit of a nod to my heritage :-) and of course what we wish my loved one could have.

I don't know how much it is to purchase the vending cards at AVCF. My advice is to take some singles and a $5.00 bill. At the previous facility one had to use a $5.00 bill. At the current facility one uses a $1.00 bill to purchase the card. Make sure to take a variety of bills so that you have whatever it is that the machine takes. I would plan on spending close to $20-$30 for the two meals, drinks and snacks ( but we like to treat him to whatever we can).
Our routine is to get a breakfast burrito or sandwich for breakfast and then lunch of whatever he wants. At our new facility (and I have heard at all facilities now but I don't know for sure) they have very good salads to purchase. They have Cobb, Southwestern, Caesar and 1 or 2 other varieties. They all have meat and are fresh and tasty. They also have very delicious cakes. We always enjoy sharing a meal no matter what we have, it is the sharing not the food that is important to us.
Is your loved one still at Territorial?? I plan on flying out in July if restrictions allow it . . I'm terrified . . Any advice so soooo appreciated!
Old 05-04-2020, 10:04 PM
Donation Award 

Muppet439, Yes he is. Territorial is a good place to visit. I don't think visiting will be opened up by July. If you have any other specific questions, please ask.
They do enforce the dress code but they are polite about it. when they confirm your visitation you will get an email that has the dress code:

J. Visiting, Conduct, and Dress:
1. Offenders and their visitors are accountable to conduct themselves in such a manner as to not bring suspicion nor discredit upon them or be disruptive or offend the sensibilities of other visitors.
2. Visitors and offenders are required to obey all DOC employee instructions and to comply with these and all other relevant DOC ARs.
3. Visiting conditions will permit informal communication and reasonable levels of physical contact between offender and visitors. [4-4499-1] A short embrace and a brief closed mouth kiss may be permitted at the beginning and at the end of each visit. During visits, offenders may hold hands with their visitor. Breast-feeding of infants is only allowed in the designated area noted in the facility procedures
4. It is the responsibility of visitors to supervise and maintain control over their minor children. Any physical discipline of such minor children deemed necessary cannot occur on correctional facility property. If a minor becomes disruptive during a visit and is not controlled by verbal instruction from the supervising visitor, the visit will be terminated.
5. All adult and minor visitors, including attorneys, must be fully dressed in appropriate, conventional clothing which is not unduly provocative, suggestive, or revealing and does not resemble offender attire or present adornments which could be used as a weapon. Other visitor clothing standards include:
a. Any clothing worn on the top half of the body must have sleeves and not expose the cleavage line, back, midriff and/or underarm at any time while standing, sitting and/or bending down.
b. The only jewelry or adornment visitors will be permitted to wear into the visiting area is a wedding ring set, one religious necklace pendant, and medical alert badges. Medicine bags are not allowed. Any dermal jewelry implants that cannot be removed by the visitor will be allowed.
c. No controversial/objectionable gang, obscene, drug and alcohol designs, messages or profanity on clothing.
d. Hair extensions and/or wigs will be permitted but are subject to search in a respectful and appropriate manner. Hair extensions which are attached to the hair with a clip or comb will not be allowed. Only hair accessories which are soft in nature will be permitted to be worn inside the visiting area.
e. Top or bottom clothing which is solid green solid orange, camouflage, or tactical in nature is not permitted. NO CARGO PANTS
f. Shoes are required. Infants are not required to wear shoes until such time as they can walk. Infants and toddlers who are able to walk must wear shoes at all times during the visit. Minors are allowed to wear shoes that display lights.
g. Appropriate undergarments are required, and will not be visible.
h. Clothing which is sheer or transparent will only be permitted if non-transparent articles are worn beneath and no undergarments (bra or underwear) are visible. Clothing that contains holes and/or rips will not be permitted.
i. Outer garments worn on the bottom half of the body must be no shorter than the knee while standing.
j. Trousers will be worn in the manner intended (no sagging).
k. Wrap-around clothing will not be allowed.
l. Visitors are not to wear hats into the visiting area, except for religious hats or headgear or by approval of a disability accommodation. Gloves, scarves, or outer garments, such as topcoats, raincoats, jackets, and similar inclement weather attire will not be permitted within the visiting area. No hooded garments will be allowed in the visiting area.
m. If a pull over, zipper, or button up sweater is worn, it will be worn at all times inside the visiting area. A garment is required to be worn underneath the sweater within the guidelines of this policy.
n. Leggings and jeggings may only be worn under outer garments that must be no shorter than the knee while standing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saoirse1 For This Useful Post:
gallega1211 (05-04-2020), maytayah (05-05-2020)