Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Minnesota, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:09 PM

Default Covid 19 early release mn

Hey everyone, I have read the MN DOC website about the process of review and understand there are several layers of review before a decision is made. I am just wondering if anyone has a loved one whose been released early because of COVID19 and how long it takes for a decision to be made, we are going into the third week since applying. I can imagine they have tons of applications, but anyways just looking for experience on how it takes to hear back.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappasolson View Post
Hey everyone, I have read the MN DOC website about the process of review and understand there are several layers of review before a decision is made. I am just wondering if anyone has a loved one whose been released early because of COVID19 and how long it takes for a decision to be made, we are going into the third week since applying. I can imagine they have tons of applications, but anyways just looking for experience on how it takes to hear back.
My husband was released from FMC Rochester, MN on April 30, 2020, he assigned as one of the workers, he submitted a request to the warden first week of April. He was due to be released in mid June. He was put into quarantine for 14 days along with another 17 others, some had been down for at least 14 years and others were there on violations. They were being released anywhere between May 1 to June 1.

He said most of the other guys were due to be released anywhere between 2-4 months early. He also said a lot of guys were submitting request to there judges and through the BOP, but he lost all contact with everyone when he went into quarantine.

Good luck to all and it is great to have him home.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rwells For This Useful Post:
Pappasolson (05-21-2020), patchouli (05-11-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 10:49 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,139 Times in 17,135 Posts

Federal facilities and State facilities are 2 different animals. What one does has no bearing on the other.

rwells, congratulations on your husband's early release!!

Pappasolson, good luck...I hope your loved one is Home soon

Welcome to PTO to you both

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Pappasolson (05-21-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 06:24 AM

So agree on the 2 different animals! My friend is in state prison (who im referring to in original post) but my daughters father, was recently sentenced to 15 years in federal prison! I've learned a lot about the prison systems lately. Anyways thanks yall, hopefully we hear back next week!