Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 07-08-2020, 11:14 PM

Default Multiple People in a visit

When my friend was sentenced I believe I heard him attorney mention something to the fact that when there is more than one person in a physical visit that each person counts as an hour, ie, if he has a 4 hour visit and 4 of us are there at once he would only get one hour, is that correct or did I misinterpret or misunderstand?

He's hoping to get transferred tomorrow or Friday. I'm not looking forward to it since right now all I have to do is schedule a visit and I can see him in 24 hours. It's going to be rough going through the application process, not to mention this COVID S#!t, to be able to see him or even talk to him on the phone.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2020, 08:25 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,420 Times in 2,233 Posts

Never heard of it... my boyfriends' parents are visiting him and they get the full time. But that's NC, you'll get more replies from other soon!
Old 07-09-2020, 01:31 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,094 Posts

With COVID, everything is subject to change.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:22 PM

I dont believe thats correct.
The inmate is allotted a time for visitation. Regardless how many come to see him. But, kudos to him for having so many!
When we visit our son we go in together (his father and I) and when his gf is able to come she may go in with us too, but we leave ahead to give them some time alone.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:20 PM

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure if I heard it correctly after his hearing. It was a pretty emotional time. Now for him to get transferred and this damn covid thing over with so I can touch him!
Old 07-10-2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlhalliburton View Post
Thank you so much! I wasn't sure if I heard it correctly after his hearing. It was a pretty emotional time. Now for him to get transferred and this damn covid thing over with so I can touch him!
It's looking like in person visits are going to be a while due to covid. Also remember that each person has to apply individually to get visits or phone. Each also has to pay a $25 fee. Approvals are running 60-90 days after received (and it's actually faster to apply by mail instead of online). Also, this process can't start until he has been moved from Alhambra to his yard (this approval is also needed for video visits and to send them secure packs, but not to snail mail or put money on their books).
Old 07-10-2020, 09:34 PM

The hour thing is incorrect. Whatever his limit is is what he gets regardless of how many people.

Approvals are not the same for everyone also. I applied online and it was less than 60 days. Remind your guy to have him ask the COs about it. Things seem to go faster when my guy asks for follow ups.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnsWife2020 View Post
It's looking like in person visits are going to be a while due to covid. Also remember that each person has to apply individually to get visits or phone. Each also has to pay a $25 fee. Approvals are running 60-90 days after received (and it's actually faster to apply by mail instead of online). Also, this process can't start until he has been moved from Alhambra to his yard (this approval is also needed for video visits and to send them secure packs, but not to snail mail or put money on their books).

I just spoke with him, he wasn't transferred, as strange as it's sounds he's hoping this week.

You said we have to be approved to even send secure packs? Do you mean commissary that we can order for him? That just seems stupid, but then all of this is. I'm guessing that we can put money on his books so he can order what he needs.

How long right now are they keeping them at Alhambra? He and I are bummed that it going to take time before we can be back in contact other than mail. He is thinking it will only be 3-4 weeks, from what I'm reading, it will be more like 6+
Old 07-12-2020, 11:34 PM

attorneys are snakes. Remember they are just the middle man needed to take the body.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I just spoke with him, he wasn't transferred, as strange as it's sounds he's hoping this week.

You said we have to be approved to even send secure packs? Do you mean commissary that we can order for him? That just seems stupid, but then all of this is. I'm guessing that we can put money on his books so he can order what he needs.

How long right now are they keeping them at Alhambra? He and I are bummed that it going to take time before we can be back in contact other than mail. He is thinking it will only be 3-4 weeks, from what I'm reading, it will be more like 6+
Prison is better than county, thats why.

Yes, secure packs include the food/hygiene/shoes to send them.

Don't be so bummed about missed communication. It's bound to happen more over the years, prepare yourself now. I took time during the 30 days to write a ton of letters/cards/poems/songs so he would be flooded with mail and he loved it.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:19 PM

Yes, you’ll be able to put money on his books via Jpay once he hits the prison yard. You just need to be on their visitation list for Securepaks (as well as calls and visits, of course).
You might also be able to email each other pretty soon depending on whether he’s being sent to a prison that has their tablets yet.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsGarcia View Post
Yes, you’ll be able to put money on his books via Jpay once he hits the prison yard. You just need to be on their visitation list for Securepaks (as well as calls and visits, of course).
You might also be able to email each other pretty soon depending on whether he’s being sent to a prison that has their tablets yet.

How about sending books? Do you have to be approved in order to do that?
Old 07-13-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
How about sending books? Do you have to be approved in order to do that?
You don't have to be approved for that but it can only come from their approved list. So like Amazon is out
Old 07-13-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:

I

My husband was told as phase 1 they can spend $40 a week. Certain stamps and writing materials and clothes, tv, don't count on their limit. He was told to get to phase 2, it takes 6 months to a year.

My husband won't transfer for a few more weeks but I guess most of them hate county and would rather be in prison. Mine is no exception.

From what Alhambra told me, it's running about at a 30 day minimum right now. Then you have the time after to get approved after you send you visitation request (so Alhambra and their 30, and another 30-90 after).

Alhambra had said anyone can pretty much write. Anyone can put money in books. The person I spoke to said they weren't sure how the tablets were going to work since they don't have them there yet. So they may be as simple as the mail...or as annoying as phone and visitation.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:04 PM

If they have money on their account at Alhambra, I'm assuming they can buy stationary. If they have commissary when they are transferred from Alhambra can they take that with them? I know when he's transferred from county he can't take anything.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:06 PM

Quote:
If they have money on their account at Alhambra, I'm assuming they can buy stationary. If they have commissary when they are transferred from Alhambra can they take that with them? I know when he's transferred from county he can't take anything.
I've been told they can't take from county...we have to pick up...but they can take from alhambra. Although all they can do in Alhambra is send and receive ketters. No pictures, books, etc. Also they can't spend money from their books there. so They can't order commissary. They have to get to their yard. Mailing supplies are provided to them while there
Old 07-13-2020, 09:17 PM

I swear I'm never going to figure all this out. How can they send letters if they can't spend money that's on their books for stamps?
Old 07-13-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I swear I'm never going to figure all this out. How can they send letters if they can't spend money that's on their books for stamps?
Alhambra gives them the stuff according to what they told me when I called and asked. I'm sure there is a limit per inmate since their time there is extended right now