Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Bureau of Prisons Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Bureau of Prisons Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information. Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in the Federal Prison System. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 07-19-2020, 08:09 PM

Unhappy Loretto in lockdown FYI

Received a short email from my son earlier today that they were locked down.
Earlier he said that one inmate in the unit immediately next to his unit didn't feel well (but the unit is separate and has no contact with them), but they put that entire unit in isolation (which usually means a visiting room or what not).
A short while later, I got an email that said that an inmate in the other unit was positive, and that they're locked down, without computer access.
They had their one hour of outside rec time, that they get 3 days a week, taken away a few days ago because a guard tested positive.
However, that guard had been on self-quarantine for a few days already because his wife was positive last week.

I'm not sure if the entire prison is on lock-down, or if it's only my son's unit that was put on it due to the positive case in the adjacent unit. I assume the entire facility however.

Which, to me makes no sense, since the place is without AC and it's 90 outside.
There are other measures they can take to prevent the spread than keeping them inside without computer access.

The Following User Says Thank You to do97jdl For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-20-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2020, 05:40 PM

My husband told me basically the same thing yesterday. I have not heard from him so it is probably the whole facility
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelli1807 For This Useful Post:
do97jdl (08-10-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 11:24 PM

Does this also prevent them from calling or what not?? I haven’t heard from my friend for an entire month and I’ve been worried sick. This is the longest i haven’t heard from him. No letters either.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPeachFox View Post
Does this also prevent them from calling or what not?? I haven’t heard from my friend for an entire month and I’ve been worried sick. This is the longest i haven’t heard from him. No letters either.
Sorry for the delay. I have had calls from my son but they had 5 min calls only until last week. And it was only a couple of days a week.
From what I heard, if COVID +, they separated the inmates that were + for 10 days, and if no symptoms, they went back to their units, no re-test.

Hopefully by now you have heard from your friend by now.