Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Covid -19 (Corona Virus)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Covid -19 (Corona Virus) Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Texas, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 07-30-2020, 11:43 AM

Angry Frustrated and confused

Really unsure what to think or do here... My husband got sentenced to isf on april 10th, 3 days before chain stopped.... Today marks 111 days. The county jail he is at ran chain for a week the beginning of July then due to a massive outbreak in the virus, shut it down. There was another man in there with him that was sentenced to isf 11 days before he was and they released him (says hold released on his jail discharge) on July 6. His 99th day. He has two charges that were worse than my husband's!!! And he has no job and violates all the time!! Another man was released after 80 something days and another after a little over 100. However my husband is still in there. We are beyond frustration and irritated. I cannot seem to make any sense of it at all. I don't know if I should hire a lawyer? Or who to call? I can't seem to make any sense of this at all.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2020, 12:06 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,235 Posts

Welcome to prison life/politics. It is or has been something I was never able to get my head around, things take forever, change all the time and are in the end sometimes something totally different than what they tell you in the first place.
Has your husband asked anyone? I'd ask a lawyer as well.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Welcome to prison life/politics. It is or has been something I was never able to get my head around, things take forever, change all the time and are in the end sometimes something totally different than what they tell you in the first place.
Has your husband asked anyone? I'd ask a lawyer as well.
He has asked his parole officer and he and I both have written the parole board and haven't received an answer from them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsfowler82 For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (07-30-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 01:27 PM

Waiting for ISF would be very frustrating during this pandemic to say the least.
The parole officers in our county they are all quitting, so that might be another problem where you are. The parole supervisor might be helpful, but I wouldn't call too much they may just revoke the ISF decision and revoke him. They do get testy... I hope he gets moved soon are better yet, he gets to come home. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to dtmom2013 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-02-2020)