Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Wisconsin.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:21 PM

Default New Lisbon Correctional - no soap for washing hands in kitchen

NLCI no longer has soap available in the bathrooms or kitchen for the inmates. This is a new situation. You can still have your shower soap that you buy, but after you use the bathroom, you must go back to you cell, grab soap, return to the bathroom and wash hands. I don't know how this all works in the kitchen regarding sanitation. It's awful.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2019, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,128 Times in 3,178 Posts

Yeesh. Yeah, from a health standpoint, the kitchens not having soap is terrifying. I wonder if dropping a bug in someone's ear at the public health department would have any impact. It seems silly to have to go back to your cell to get soap after using the bathroom, but I will never understand some of the "rules". All this is going to do is encourage guys to not wash their hands, and create an even bigger issue with colds & flu sweeping through the population - to include sweeping through the staff.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:11 AM

Eww ! That is awful.
This is going to spread even more germs. How can this be legal? I don't understand how they think it's okay to have dirty hands in a kitchen area where food is being prepared. That is disgusting.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:10 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,251 Times in 4,675 Posts

Hand washing in the kitchen is essential for infection control and to prevent cross contamination. I would imagine they will see an increase of food poisoning, possible e coli and salmonella , flu and diahorrea bugs.

I would imagine prisons are bound by public health regulations and health and safety regs so it may be worth going down that route.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
GingerM (03-27-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 12:57 PM

super nasty. They have to follow the same health guildlines as a nursing home or "institutional" cooking facility I would hope. Even calling public health may not be enough as they may not even care. I'd make a ticked off call to the warden to start and blow their phone up with family and friends calling too. You can even tell the warden you plan to make more calls to public health, your representative in congress, etc. This sounds like someones choice to make a budget cut rather then a new DOC Policy. Either way, the food and health care is bad enough without food poisoning people. Open bathrooms rather then wet cells are nasty too.