Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Parole, Probation, Work Release & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Parole, Probation, Work Release & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New York should be posted here.

Old 02-12-2021, 01:41 AM

Default Shelter/halfway house questions

my fiancť is on parole and had a issue where he was living at he was kidnapped due to the situation that we couldn’t find him we called the cops we were worried, I’m currently 5 months pregnant I’ve been really stressed because we had to let his PO know the situation she told us that if we could find a address or apartment in the town I lived he could stay there but she knew that was imposible to do she gave us a day or his other option she gave him was to go to a shelter since it wasn’t safe for him to be around his neighborhood it’s been two weeks I haven’t spoken to him, we were living together before all of this happened in his house, now they got in contact with his sister saying that they are going to give him a pass to go to go live in the middle of nowhere in the projects where he can end up goin back in when he could easily come live with me at my parents house this was after I spoke to my mom about the situation she okay it. He’s about to have a son and they don’t care I cry myself to sleep every night and I’ve been so stressed to the point I ended up in the hospital I’m really running out of options because they’re not helping they just saying I’m not his wife I’m a “baby mama” and that studio they would give him it would only be good for him it’s like they throwing him to the wolves when he can come work with father and stay in my house and parole here. Now they are telling him that after two weeks of completing his programs in the shelter or halfway house his in they will move him out there please Im just so confused and helpless ��Maybe there’s a way.

Last edited by Joeyswife81; 02-12-2021 at 01:43 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2021, 08:37 AM
Crazy Cajun Admin
Donation Award 

Thanked 19,861 Times in 7,688 Posts

Hello and Welcome to PTO. I moved your post here to the New York forums where hopefully someone comes along who can give you some insight.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Please take care of YOU and that baby.

The Following User Says Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
Joeyswife81 (02-12-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 10:28 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,348 Times in 13,948 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you get answers from folks who know.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:31 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,973 Times in 2,335 Posts

What reasons were given as to why he couldn't live with you? Have you tried getting in contact with Legal Aid or Osborne Society, etc for re-entry or legal assistance?
Old 02-12-2021, 04:41 PM

Have you gotten a hold of him yet hope he is okay usually the reasons why parole don't let the man STAY with the women is cause of Dv maybe he has to take a class before he can come stay with you NYS parole stinks i no trust me maybe you should call the supervisor for his PO and try to get some answers
Old 02-12-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
What reasons were given as to why he couldn't live with you? Have you tried getting in contact with Legal Aid or Osborne Society, etc for re-entry or legal assistance?
Hey thanks for gettin back they said that where I lived it wasnít part of the 5 boroughs in New York which makes no sense bc itís still considered New York and that he needs to get a job out here, I have not yet gotten in contact with any of that bc the councelor called his sister from private numbers and have not yet been able to get in contact with him since he was admitted two weeks ago, I got a hold of a lawyer Im gonna call him tomorrow maybe he can look him up and see what he can do
The Following User Says Thank You to Joeyswife81 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-12-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
Have you gotten a hold of him yet hope he is okay usually the reasons why parole don't let the man STAY with the women is cause of Dv maybe he has to take a class before he can come stay with you NYS parole stinks i no trust me maybe you should call the supervisor for his PO and try to get some answers
Hey I havenít been able to talk to Him two weeks already itís crazy we were together like everyday itís tough and lot to deal with But I donít have that information as of now they call supervisor called his sister private