Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Connecticut should be posted here.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:45 PM

Husbands release to ts was supposed to be today. Waiting for home visit anyone know how long it takes?

My husband's TS date was supposed to be today, his counselor said it was approved but no home visit has been done. Someone said that a home visit is not necessary for short term TS is that true? Someone please help... Can't sleep until bI know something! TIA

Last edited by patchouli; 12-28-2016 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: Merged 2 posts
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2016, 07:17 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,776 Times in 13,415 Posts

I'm sorry you haven't gotten any replies as of yet I can't answer your questions for Connecticut, but I do want to welcome you to PTO
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Tina (12-28-2016)
Old 03-30-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstacy5 View Post
Husbands release to ts was supposed to be today. Waiting for home visit anyone know how long it takes?

My husband's TS date was supposed to be today, his counselor said it was approved but no home visit has been done. Someone said that a home visit is not necessary for short term TS is that true? Someone please help... Can't sleep until bI know something! TIA
Hello,
Have you received an answer to this? I am wondering whats the outcome.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:24 AM
Been here forever

I am playing catch up on some of the laws and abbreviations. Can you tell me what ts is
Old 03-30-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu View Post
I am playing catch up on some of the laws and abbreviations. Can you tell me what ts is
TS is an abbreviation for Transitional Supervision and inmates with 2 year sentence or less are eligible for such release. The date for TS is 50% of the sentence. Thats all I know for now and I would like to get more information as my boyfriend received a paper with approved TS date and I am a little confused how it works.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:46 AM
Been here forever

Thank you.
If he got a release date already then I wouldn't worry so much. I know, easier said then done. Right?
If a home visit is suppose to be done it will be maybe even after he gets home. That's just a guess but in the past I've know it to be done. Not sure if anything has changed from when I was in ministry till now
U call him s counselor?
Old 03-30-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu View Post
Thank you.
If he got a release date already then I wouldn't worry so much. I know, easier said then done. Right?
If a home visit is suppose to be done it will be maybe even after he gets home. That's just a guess but in the past I've know it to be done. Not sure if anything has changed from when I was in ministry till now
U call him s counselor?
I did not call his counselor however, the counselor did contact us in order to confirm if we want to be his sponsor. The confusing part is that the paper he received from TS shows two dates one being in May (50% of the sentence) and then recommended TS date of June. I have a feeling like he will be there till recommended date :/
Old 03-30-2017, 09:18 AM
Been here forever

That would not supersize me. TX is one confusing state. I'm sure that much has not changed sense I been away.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:22 PM
Life Lovin Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,381 Posts

Unfortunetly I don't think we will get to know the outcome of the original post in this thread. The OP hasn't posted since they asked their original question.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstacy5 View Post

Hi there. I was released on home confinement/st in August of 2016. They absolutely would not release me before a home visit was conducted. Unfortunately the state of CT has had to cut back spending and they have laid off a lot of supervisory personnel. These people have to meet with parolees all day and somehow schedule time to travel and complete home inspections too. After I hit my earliest release date, it took a few weeks to get the home visit scheduled and completed. I know it is tough but it will happen. Typically the sponsor gets a call from parole officer to set up home visit. All the guys I met inside found out about the home visit from their sponsors. the parole officers and prison counsellors do not communicate. The parole officers are just slammed. I hope this helps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roadking69 For This Useful Post:
nimuay (03-31-2017), patchouli (03-31-2017), Tina (03-31-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 07:59 PM

I was just released on TS in March after serving 1 year out of a 2 year sentence. When I was locked up, there were a lot of people staying past their dates and I was advised to call my sponsor and ask them to call the parole office at least a month before my estimated release date. You need to have whoever the sponsor is stay on the ass of the parole people who come check on the house because once your house is approved, there is nothing holding you back from staying in jail past your estimated release date unless the inmate gets in some sort of trouble requiring disciplinary action. You can call the office of parole ( I believe there is one in Waterbury, and one in Hartford) and ask them the date they are coming to check on the house...these people are busy and if you don't bother them and stay on them your visit can be brushed aside. They don't care that your family member might have to stay in jail extra days, weeks, or months. And this technique definitely works because when my sponsor called up, they had all of my information wrong including the address they were planning on visiting. So once everything was set straight, they made a date well before my release date to do the visit and actually showed up when they said they would. STAY ON THEIR ASS! It definitely will improve your family member's chance of getting out on time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cegelk860 For This Useful Post:
JimandDoreen (04-22-2017), lulu (04-22-2017), Tina (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017, 05:49 AM
Been here forever

Hello and welcome to pto
Thanks so much for sharing this information with us
The question about release has come up several time so this is very useful information

Thanks
Old 04-22-2017, 10:49 AM
Life Lovin Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,381 Posts

I find it insane that anyone is expected to stay pasted their parole date. I can't even comprehend how that is possible.