Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Connecticut Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:16 PM

Default Looking for a ride to Cheshire please

Hey, my name is Honey
I'm new to this. My husband is in Cheshire c.i and I am in desperate need of a way there. I'm 5 months pregnant and haven't seen my husband since he's gotten incarcerated. Someone told me about CT prison shuttle however they haven't been answering. I can pay for gas that's not an issue at all.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2017, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,105 Times in 2,640 Posts

Prison Talk Online cannot accept responsibility for rideshare or carpool arrangements made between members.

Members are advised that they make these arrangements at their own risk and in no way can PTO be held accountable for any problems that arise.

We would like to encourage our members to consider the following precautions when entering into a carpool/rideshare agreement with another member.
Before agreeing to carpool, certain issues should be discussed and decisions made. Issues that should be settled immediately include members’ feelings about the radio, conversation, smoking habits and eating.
You should also find out whether the vehicle, personal possessions, or clothing of either passengers or driver will contain illegal substances or contraband. This is a very important issue and should be addressed with your fellow travellers. Prisons routinely search vehicles and you should be aware if there is a possibility of something being discovered and action taken. Most states do not allow firearms, cameras or alcohol on prison grounds - do your research, find out what is the local policy.
Agree in advance on reimbursement for driving expenses, meals, toll roads, parking fees and so on. Agree on a way of payment and a timescale for payment to happen.
If you don’t know your carpooling buddies, feel free to ask them about their driving record. Make sure they have a valid drivers licence.
Make your pick-up point a public location until you thoroughly trust the other individual.
Use common sense and trust your instincts; with a little preparation carpooling can be very rewarding and often leads to long lasting friendships.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Taking all bail questions

Hello HoneyGantt0409,

Sorry, I just read your question. I talk to people on a regular basis with the same problem. No ride and no luck with seeing their loved one. Is he there sentenced or held on a bail bond? If he is still going to trial, you can see him while he attends court. All pending cases are public information and you can find the next court date by going to the CT judicial website and typing his last name and first name.

I would strongly suggest that you use a friend or family member when going to a correctional facility. Uber also works. However, it can be expensive. You never know how long would it takes until you actually see your loved one and all the other last minute situations that could arise like a lockdown or abrupt visits cancellations.

Good luck.