Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oklahoma that do not fit into any other Oklahoma sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:05 AM

Default Oklahoma releasing 1,600 inmates in November?

My boyfriend heard on the news that OK DOC has to release 1,600 inmates on ankle monitors in November. Stipulations are they have to have no violent crimes, less than 18 months left to serve on their sentence, and no active protection orders against them. Has anyone heard about that? I've looked it up online and seen where it was talked about this past summer but I'm not seeing any mention of it actually happening and in November. Any info would be helpful. Thanks, y'all!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2017, 09:42 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,723 Times in 889 Posts

http://kfor.com/2017/07/26/doc-eyes-...ent-offenders/

Is this maybe?
Old 09-18-2017, 09:56 AM

Yes! I've come across that article before too, no mention of it happening in Nov in that article BUT I did some more digging this morning and seen that the board meeting will be next Tuesday. Maybe that's when they'll bring this proposal up and hopefully pass it! 🤞🏼♥️