Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Illinois Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 09-21-2017, 08:20 AM

Default Does Pekin Illinois Satelite camp have Corrlinks Video Visit capabilities?

Does Pekin Illinois Satelite camp have Corrlinks Video Visit capabilities?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty1962 View Post
Does Pekin Illinois Satelite camp have Corrlinks Video Visit capabilities?
Did you ever find out if they did / do?
Old 12-19-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoursTrulyPB View Post
Did you ever find out if they did / do?
It's irrelevant at this point. Pekin's camp is closed. It is supposed to reopen as a women's facility.

All the men were transferred to either Duluth, Yankton, or Thompson Camp. My understanding is where they wound up depended on whether or not they were in RDAP.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk1 View Post
It's irrelevant at this point. Pekin's camp is closed. It is supposed to reopen as a women's facility.

All the men were transferred to either Duluth, Yankton, or Thompson Camp. My understanding is where they wound up depended on whether or not they were in RDAP.
No, it's not irrelavnet as it's now a women's facility.

My loved one was transferred there a week or so ago from Alderson. She heard videos were no longer going to be available at any BOP facility through Corrlinks.

Thanks for the reply though!
Old 12-19-2017, 07:28 PM

Ah sorry thought you were asking for a male prisoner. I’m pretty sure they didn’t have video conferencing there at all for the men. Has it already opened for the women? That’s a quick turn around if it did! You can probably check with corrlinks or the Camp Website for sure! Or once the prisoner signs up with corrlinks you’ll definitely know. I’m amazed how great corrlinks has been just for basic email.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Ah sorry thought you were asking for a male prisoner. Iím pretty sure they didnít have video conferencing there at all for the men. Has it already opened for the women? Thatís a quick turn around if it did! You can probably check with corrlinks or the Camp Website for sure! Or once the prisoner signs up with corrlinks youíll definitely know. Iím amazed how great corrlinks has been just for basic email.
It was quick, she was packed out in November and left Alderson this past Thursday, was at Pekin and able to email me Friday morning.

There isn't much information online about the camp, and not really much on the FCI either. The BOP website doesn't even have the camp listed like Alderson so I would just like to know what's going on with the videos.

She said she was told it was being done away with in all BOP facilities due to them not being monitored. I wasn't sure if that was true or just the workers way of having one less thing to do. She did say they were taking them out of Pekin so I assume they did have videos there at one point, and I did contact both the BOP and Corrlinks - no response yet.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
It was quick, she was packed out in November and left Alderson this past Thursday, was at Pekin and able to email me Friday morning.

There isn't much information online about the camp, and not really much on the FCI either. The BOP website doesn't even have the camp listed like Alderson so I would just like to know what's going on with the videos.

She said she was told it was being done away with in all BOP facilities due to them not being monitored. I wasn't sure if that was true or just the workers way of having one less thing to do. She did say they were taking them out of Pekin so I assume they did have videos there at one point, and I did contact both the BOP and Corrlinks - no response yet.
My husband is in Duluth with a lot of the former Pekin inmates. I'll ask him to ask them if there was ever Corrlinks videos there and get back to you as soon as I can.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:51 PM

Just sent him an email asking him to find out from one of the guys if they had any sort of video conferencing through corrlinks at Pekin while they were there.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Just sent him an email asking him to find out from one of the guys if they had any sort of video conferencing through corrlinks at Pekin while they were there.
Thank you so much!
Old 12-19-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much!
No problem. As soon as I hear back from him, I'll let you know. Hopefully he will at least address the email tomorrow, even if he doesn't have an answer yet.

I'll let you know as soon as I know something.