Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail This forum deals with all the ins and outs of the Canadian Prison and Criminal Justice System, including Phones, Mail, Packages, and visitation.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:27 PM

Default Always learning

We as a family who visit Grand Valley Institute are learning what to expect for visiting. Long story short, son went to visit his sister and they swabbed his ID..then asked for his glasses to swab. Yep, there was minimal traces of drugs on them. No, he does not do drugs...none whatsoever. So lesson learned.....if you are in any contact whether intentional or not, be careful. It could be the money you have handled, a vehicle you've driven or anything. Luckily he still got to visit his sister but it was an eye opener. You just don't know where drug residue comes from.
We haven't found out yet if this is a black mark on her record when it comes to parole. It shouldn't but we don't know this yet.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2017, 08:03 PM

Thanked 3,473 Times in 1,626 Posts

I think one of the most difficult lessons one has to learn about prison is that things can, and will, change for no known reason.

Nothing is ever 100% and nothing stays the same.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:09 PM
OnparoleinTO

His drug test should have no effect on her parole - it's not her behaviour - unless he's a key person in her release plan. Even then, fortunately, CSC seems to have no system for keeping records. I had friends visit me - she tested positive first time and they told her she would have supervised visits but when they visited again nobody seemed to remember this. Sometimes the system's incompetence can be a good thing (though usually not)!
Old 09-26-2017, 05:24 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by onparoleinTO View Post
His drug test should have no effect on her parole - it's not her behaviour - unless he's a key person in her release plan. Even then, fortunately, CSC seems to have no system for keeping records. I had friends visit me - she tested positive first time and they told her she would have supervised visits but when they visited again nobody seemed to remember this. Sometimes the system's incompetence can be a good thing (though usually not)!
We he's gone out of country so won't be visiting again. Grateful he was allowed in for a visit.
Thanks again.