Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison > The Parents Forum Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2018, 02:30 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,151 Times in 446 Posts
Default Bad Month hopefully ends

I had eye surgery at the beginning of March. Caught a bad cold. My surgeon had surgery and as I was leaving to see him for my 3 week checkup, got a call that he had to have chemo and all appointments were cancelled. He has not been back to his office since and his staff has no idea when he will return. After 30 days I went to my optometrist and we have at least ordered glasses. But I have not been able to drive or read or do anything this month because of the recovery time required before being fitted for glasses.

The amount I thought I would have to pay based on the pre approval process was incorrect as to the hospital and I owe Them twice what they estimated. The doctor has not billed me for obvious reasons I think.

The hard drive on my computer crashed and disabled and bored me was stupid and not backing up my computer and home. I lost all my records to do my taxes. I did get the drive replaced but it is really hard to read receipts and medical bills, Switching back-and-forth between paper and a computer screen with out any glasses. I am hoping they come in this week before I get down to the deadline of I have to figure out some how to do it. Asking for help would be OK but it takes cognitive thinking to recreate the mileage logs and such for medical billsAlong with calculating value for things donated. So correlating receipts calendars and scribbled notations is not something I want to Put someone else through.

And during all of this my son was arrested and put into CDU which is solitary. The mom network at least let me know where he was. He lost 9 pounds in 11 days, was out for 2 days, was put back in but allowed to take a stuff with him and he is still there with no tickets showing on the public records. He said he has done nothing wrong but expects he will be moved to a different prison once they let him out. 2 other Arizona prisons had riots and in one and inmate was shot and killed. They have to move people around and I am afraid of him being sent there.

On the positive side my ex spouse person did provide me with transportation and help during the surgery and the day following where I was required to have someone with me and put $100 on what would be ex stepson account when I told her that my son was in solitary. My ex who is my children's father did not want to hear anything about it.

It is now a new month and I am hoping for better things including my glasses to arrive and my son to be released to some place safe.

As I side note it is the lack of glasses And awaiting the return of my computerThat is the reason I have asked if someone has information or links about prison incarceration syndrome Since I can't really research it myself. I am hoping what I just dictated through my phone actually make sense because I can't proofread it. Maybe it will even be better than those post that I type on my Kindle tablet that always seem to come out really messed up.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2018, 09:51 PM

Default Have things gotten better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlizzie2 View Post
I had eye surgery at the beginning of March. Caught a bad cold. My surgeon had surgery and as I was leaving to see him for my 3 week checkup, got a call that he had to have chemo and all appointments were cancelled. He has not been back to his office since and his staff has no idea when he will return. After 30 days I went to my optometrist and we have at least ordered glasses. But I have not been able to drive or read or do anything this month because of the recovery time required before being fitted for glasses.

The amount I thought I would have to pay based on the pre approval process was incorrect as to the hospital and I owe Them twice what they estimated. The doctor has not billed me for obvious reasons I think.

The hard drive on my computer crashed and disabled and bored me was stupid and not backing up my computer and home. I lost all my records to do my taxes. I did get the drive replaced but it is really hard to read receipts and medical bills, Switching back-and-forth between paper and a computer screen with out any glasses. I am hoping they come in this week before I get down to the deadline of I have to figure out some how to do it. Asking for help would be OK but it takes cognitive thinking to recreate the mileage logs and such for medical billsAlong with calculating value for things donated. So correlating receipts calendars and scribbled notations is not something I want to Put someone else through.

And during all of this my son was arrested and put into CDU which is solitary. The mom network at least let me know where he was. He lost 9 pounds in 11 days, was out for 2 days, was put back in but allowed to take a stuff with him and he is still there with no tickets showing on the public records. He said he has done nothing wrong but expects he will be moved to a different prison once they let him out. 2 other Arizona prisons had riots and in one and inmate was shot and killed. They have to move people around and I am afraid of him being sent there.

On the positive side my ex spouse person did provide me with transportation and help during the surgery and the day following where I was required to have someone with me and put $100 on what would be ex stepson account when I told her that my son was in solitary. My ex who is my children's father did not want to hear anything about it.

It is now a new month and I am hoping for better things including my glasses to arrive and my son to be released to some place safe.

As I side note it is the lack of glasses And awaiting the return of my computerThat is the reason I have asked if someone has information or links about prison incarceration syndrome Since I can't really research it myself. I am hoping what I just dictated through my phone actually make sense because I can't proofread it. Maybe it will even be better than those post that I type on my Kindle tablet that always seem to come out really messed up.
This is now months later. Dang, you have a lot on your plate. The phone dictation seemed to work well.

Iím having physical trouble too because of a chronic illness, but you seem to have a lot more tough things going on. Have you ever noticed that, when you think you canít take anymore, BAM! Another thing happens? It doesnít seem to happen like that for other people I know though. I know that ďeveryone is fighting their own battle,Ē and that people hide a lot of bad stuff, but it sure seems that I have a war rather than a battle, and mine seems so public.

I hate the saying, ďGod only gives you what you can handle.Ē Clearly the people who say that have never had problems like ours. That being said, Iím trying to remember that there are people who would gladly trade their problems for mine. Iíll never forget hearing about a mother of a bunch of kids who had just delivered twins who was trying to escape a war zone, I think in Aphganistan. They were forced to travel over mountains to get away from the fighting, didnít have enough food or water, and her milk dried up. She ended up losing both of her babies and burying them in the mountains in a grave sheíll probably never be able to find again.

Iím also not in a concentration camp, being evicted, or actually dying of my disease yet, though thatís always a looming possibility. Things could be so much worse.

Iím trying to be grateful. Truly I am. Weíre not in a war zone, and we have a fairly safe place to live, but Iím so obsessed with my sonís problems that I canít think or function properly. I canít concentrate on anything, partially because of my disease and partially because of my worries for my son. My only escape is sleep, and thatís difficult to come by. (My disease actually causes insomnia, so that plus worry equals double whammy.) I actually feel like Iím stuck in a pit of despair and canít climb out. Iím going to try to call a counselor tomorrow who may be able to counsel me on the phone since I canít get out to him. Weíve traded emails, and he used to be my sonís counselor, so he knows the details. Iím so afraid Iím just going to cry constantly which would be a waste of money. I can do that alone in my bed.

Iím having difficulty praying at the moment. Iím just mentally and spiritually empty right now. That used to help a lot, so I hope it comes back.

I really hope that your surgery has gone well, that your glasses have arrived and are helping, and that you finally had a few good things happen since youíve posted. I also hope your bills havenít been too much of a burden. I know that being rich doesnít necessarily make people happy, but not having to worry so much about finances sure would lighten the burden a little.

I hope it helps to know youíre not alone. ďMisery loves company.Ē Iím here to be miserable with you at least.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mama33 For This Useful Post:
lizlizzie2 (09-17-2018), xolady (09-10-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 03:24 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,151 Times in 446 Posts

Things did get better. My doctor was finally able to see me. My taxes were done on time. My son did not get any tickets and was eventually allowed to call me once a week for 10 minutes. He was moved from an 800 mile round trip prison that I had been going to for 5 years, to a 150 mile roundtrip that I can do in the same day. He says there is much less drama at this prison.

One thing to count on is life is never static. Things change. Yes, the past 8 years it always seemed to get worse, but I actually am an optimist. I am one of those people who plan for the worst, but expect the best.

Insomnia is a major problem for me. I lose track of days because I sometimes don't sleep for 48 hour or more. As a result of no sleep, the short term memory doesn't work. Because of the bilateral neuropathy, I am limited as to what I can do, and pain doesn't make sleeping any easier. I escape through reading fiction alot.

Do the counseling. Sometimes, just someone listening and recognizing how hard we struggle makes a world of difference. Sometimes that includes medication to get us over the hump.

Despite everything else, the one thing that always remains with me is that the phone call from the jail meant by son was alive. I feared he was dead in the desert and I know if all this hadn't happened, he would have been eventually. So, there are worse things.

Comparing my situation to other people far away in different circumstances - yes, I can feel bad for them, but that has never made my pain less. Sharing it in here, which is why I wrote about that bad month, does make me feel better, because I feel like my frustration and pain are understood.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (09-22-2018), Mama33 (09-18-2018), Sarianna (09-19-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 08:37 PM

Thanked 2,426 Times in 848 Posts

The circumstances in my life have kept me on my knees. It's a sad journey we are all on but I remain hopeful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lordbew/us For This Useful Post:
lizlizzie2 (10-03-2018), Mama33 (09-23-2018)