Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:03 PM

Default Writing the warden for my husbands mother

She was convicted over 18 years ago and is still being denied because of it. I have an idea of what to write but does anyone have any pointers? Also do all i need is the letter?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2018, 08:06 PM

Thanked 11,021 Times in 5,974 Posts

Being denied what exactly? Before sending letters, you need to know if the individual you seek to contact actually has any control over the matter about which you are writing...
Old 10-12-2018, 06:52 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,329 Times in 14,296 Posts

assuming you mean denied visits due to a conviction? Also guessing she is not on supervision any longer and has not been in any further trouble. Abides by the laws etc....

those might be two points to bring up in a letter........and why isnt she the one writing it?

That's my dog's nose art

Old 10-12-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabelle View Post
She was convicted over 18 years ago and is still being denied because of it. I have an idea of what to write but does anyone have any pointers? Also do all i need is the letter?
Hi Hon yes it may be a good idea but I have done this and the Warden didn't give a crap about what I had to say he just gave me some lame ass bulshit good luck with that tho.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:50 AM

Here's what I've done and this was for both State and Feds, the Feds don't play around but I was able to get visits. First of all go have her do the background check some where, then request the results from DOJ it'll show everything and the disposition of any and all cases. Then write a letter addressed to the warden, the same one addressed to the visiting Lt. And keep a copy for yourself. In the letter make sure she states all her positive things she's been doing like working etc. That she's been off paper for such amount of time. Make it as professional as you can. Then put in one envelope the letter, background check from the DOJ address it to the warden and do the same for the other envelope but address it to the visiting Lt. Hopefully she'll get approved. If she had a case where she brought drugs on to the prison grounds it might make then think about it but after 18 yrs I doubt it. But in the denial from them it should State why she's being denied. You have to make sure everything is filled out completely. Getting her finger prints done should help and have it all on there. Hope this helps a lil.
bellabelle (10-13-2018), fbopnomore (10-13-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,386 Times in 10,942 Posts

What, exactly, is she being denied? Parole? Classes? Visits? Phone calls? Medical attention?

Since you mention a warden, I assume she's in prison, still. She has to go through the entire administrative chain, one step at a time, before anything from outside will have any effect at all. File each complaint with the next higher authority in the chain, with full reasoning for requesting change. Don't skip anyone.
bellabelle (10-13-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 12:31 PM

Ok I'm confused, is she locked up? If so then who it's being denied? Your husband or is she out and trying to see him? Please give me info if your trying to get answers.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
assuming you mean denied visits due to a conviction? Also guessing she is not on supervision any longer and has not been in any further trouble. Abides by the laws etc....

those might be two points to bring up in a letter........and why isnt she the one writing it?
No idea but i decided just to do it for her
Old 10-13-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis213 View Post
Here's what I've done and this was for both State and Feds, the Feds don't play around but I was able to get visits. First of all go have her do the background check some where, then request the results from DOJ it'll show everything and the disposition of any and all cases. Then write a letter addressed to the warden, the same one addressed to the visiting Lt. And keep a copy for yourself. In the letter make sure she states all her positive things she's been doing like working etc. That she's been off paper for such amount of time. Make it as professional as you can. Then put in one envelope the letter, background check from the DOJ address it to the warden and do the same for the other envelope but address it to the visiting Lt. Hopefully she'll get approved. If she had a case where she brought drugs on to the prison grounds it might make then think about it but after 18 yrs I doubt it. But in the denial from them it should State why she's being denied. You have to make sure everything is filled out completely. Getting her finger prints done should help and have it all on there. Hope this helps a lil.
Thanks so much this helps alot ill tell her to do that background check and ill write the letter for her. No nothing to do with drugs on the prison grounds, she just has a record of things from so long ago
Old 10-13-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
What, exactly, is she being denied? Parole? Classes? Visits? Phone calls? Medical attention?

Since you mention a warden, I assume she's in prison, still. She has to go through the entire administrative chain, one step at a time, before anything from outside will have any effect at all. File each complaint with the next higher authority in the chain, with full reasoning for requesting change. Don't skip anyone.
While that wasnt what i was referring i am liking what your saying my husband is the one in jail and he does keep getting stepped over when it comes to classes, who do i start contacting first counselling? Then more up to administrators ? What would you do ?
Old 10-14-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabelle View Post
Thanks so much this helps alot ill tell her to do that background check and ill write the letter for her. No nothing to do with drugs on the prison grounds, she just has a record of things from so long ago
Ok now I understand. So the best way to do it then is by having her finger prints done then she will be able to get her print out with her entire criminal history on it. And just follow up with the letters and sending it to the Warden and Visiting Lt. Hopefully it will get her approved. Not quite sure why they would deny her after so long unless she's leaving something out or does she owed for some kind of payment to the courts? Hard to say but hope it helps. Good luck
Old 10-14-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis213 View Post
Ok now I understand. So the best way to do it then is by having her finger prints done then she will be able to get her print out with her entire criminal history on it. And just follow up with the letters and sending it to the Warden and Visiting Lt. Hopefully it will get her approved. Not quite sure why they would deny her after so long unless she's leaving something out or does she owed for some kind of payment to the courts? Hard to say but hope it helps. Good luck
Since it happened so long ago im sure she didnt remember everything but she did pick her records up to make sure everything is correct after being denied the first time and then she got denied again the second time but i did fwd this information to her and im feeling confident itll work out for her this way she can now help me with the drive up there 😁😁😁 thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to bellabelle For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (10-15-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsetspouse View Post
Hi Hon yes it may be a good idea but I have done this and the Warden didn't give a crap about what I had to say he just gave me some lame ass bulshit good luck with that tho.
What did you say generally ?