Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, half-way houses or release in Maryland should be posted here.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:02 PM

Don't know the scoop, but someone told my man that they are trying to close MTC all together and move everyone out to Jessup prisons. My man said that he's noticed that they've added more barbed wire to JPRU in the past few weeks and that they're moving all the "guys who act up" to one particular housing unit and tons of other people are getting sent home.

If they close any prisons, it'll probably be one of those "secret" moves like when they closed the cut in the middle of the night a couple of years ago. Maybe they're ramping up for something like that.

Just a guess...we'll never know until we know!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 08:53 PM

Yeah but how can they move MTC which is all security levels to JPRU which is pre release, and MCIJ which is pre, min, and med, to WCI which is max? Would they mix the security levels up that much? Im officially confused and obsessing. lol, I have serious control issues!!

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-28-2009, 09:18 PM

The 1400 is so part of them releasing inmates to down the overcrowding... They are doing it every where, but it seems that they are releasing men who have been "showing change" as well as having good home plans and support systems.... This is just the profile that I have seen with the men being released, including mine..... I do hope that you ladies get the same type of calls!! But as I find out more I will let you know because my sister is a C.O. at the Pen!
Old 08-29-2009, 07:45 AM
The Ex Factor

That's great news Queen! I finally got a letter from my ex, but he didn't mention anything about possibly being released. Well, he sometimes won't say anything cause he doesn't want to jinx it. He doesn't want to get his and everybody else's hopes up and then it doesn't happen. Good luck ladies!!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:41 AM

I just went on the one of the Webiste's under the Correctional Facilites in MD , just to stay current . And it has Herman L. Toulson Correctional Boot Camp scheduled to close in March 2010 and it hold about 300 inmates . Eventhough my boyfriend is at Brock Bridge and is suppose to be home sometime this week , I think this is one of the reasons because now they have to place those inmates in other facilites and they are already overcrowded so now they are being force to release alot of prsioners . Hopefully this helps .
Old 09-14-2009, 03:26 PM

Default same situation

Im in a similar situation. My hubby is at MCTC. He says he thinks they will give him immediate release if he gets his detainer issue resolved. we are working on it but its taking forever. we hired a lawyer. ill keep my fingers crossed for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickfromMD View Post
Congratulations Queen! That is so awesome!

There's something screwy in my man's records, they are saying he has a detainer when he really doesn't (the case was dropped back in 2007!)...we're trying to get that resolved, and hopefully we get lucky somewhere along the line. Goodness knows I need some kind of break right about now! haha.

I'm happy for you! : )
Old 09-14-2009, 06:35 PM

Hey Cammy,

I'm not sure what your man's exact situation is...but we ended up getting my man's issue resolved by making phone calls and sending a few letters, so we didn't have to worry about getting a lawyer. His case was closed, and then it was reopened in error. Then the courts closed it again, but DOC records still showed the case as being open. I contacted the clerks office a few times, and finally spoke to someone who was actually really nice and helpful (shocking!) and she faxed over the clerk's worksheet showing that the case was closed. I also contacted someone at the DOC Central Commitment Records Center. Somehow, between them, it magically got resolved...it just took forever until I finally got connected with helpful people. Let me know if you want names and numbers!

Good luck!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:02 PM

Hello, i would like to know who u talked to if u dont mined and wat department they work in. Thank you.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:30 PM

hi, if you look the original postings are all from 2009, if that is of any help to you.