Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Deuel Vocational Institution, located in Tracy, California.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Closed

Default Deuel vocational institution

Hi how do I find the thread about Duel Vocational also known as DVI?

Thank you for your help
Elizabeth
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2008, 02:11 PM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,020 Posts

There really isn't one specifically for DVI. I just usually post a thread if I have a question about DVI (which I have many!!) Or you can find information through the search funtion. I did that too and got quite a bit of inormation.
The Following User Says Thank You to patswife4-ever For This Useful Post:
babiegirlsmith (05-30-2009)
Old 01-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Donation Award 

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190376
This link will take you the thread that has a lot of DVI information about visiting, packages, what you can send when they are in reception, phone numbers, etc. If you need answers to questions that you don't find there, ask away and usually one or more will be happy to shime in and help you out.

Many prisons don't have their own forums, so we hang out here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tricksie2645 For This Useful Post:
babiegirlsmith (05-27-2009)
Old 01-17-2008, 02:16 PM

Does anyone have an update about the Noro virus from DVI? I got two letters from my fiance on Saturday, one said 4 were sick in L dorm, the next said he was very sick. I havent received any letters this week. Im so worried!

To top it off, my x husband tried to set me up using my 12 yr old daughter (to get custody)! He gave her a large bag of weed to plant in my home (under the couch) and then called the police for a welfare check! I quit using a long time ago have a very successful career, am a responsible mother, etc. When they questioned my daughter she told them the truth. They are taking this very seriously and are writing a police report & a CPS report. Im wondering if anyone knows what they might charge him with? Drug trafficking? Conspiracy? False allegations to the police? They havent arrested him yet but I spoke to the officer last night because I cant file anything (Just Cause Motion, Restraining Orders) until I get a police report. He said if he tries to pick her up for a visit to call the police, they will call CPS and will place her back in the home with me.
She is confused as to why she did it except she has lived with me for 5 yrs and wants to live with him for the next 5 years, loves us both, etc. He told her I would only go to jail for one night and when she tipped him off that the police knew the truth he said to her "I cant believe my own daughter stabbed me in the back and ratted me out". It was a low down dirty rotten thing to do to her and she is emotionally and psychologically damaged & will need counseling. He has hung her out to dry on it and she is afraid she might go to juvie. I finally explained the reason she cant go live w/dad is because he is on METH!! Now she understands and knows of instances when he was using. She is having a hard time processing all of this (why she would hurt me-we have a great relationship), & holds tremendous guilt. I cant believe he has done this to me, I have never prevented her from seeing him (also due to visitation orders). This follows on the tail of my fiance totalling my car on Dec 10th and going to DVI on a violation. He gets out at the end of Feb. and was best friends with my X since they were 12. He is going to be so angry with him as he has become her 2nd father and we have been in the courts for visitation of his own daughter that he misses and loves so much!! My fiance was out on parole for 6 months doing very well (working, off drugs) then the DUI. Now there will be a no alcohol clause. I just dont think I can handle much more.
Sorry for the long msg, just needed to vent.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Closed

Default my son is in DVI

Hi I just found out that my son is niw in Tracy DVI I am nit sure how long he will be there he has to do 2 years my heart is breaking I miss him so vey much and who knows when I will be able ro see him again I have a package ready to mail out to him I caled tracy DVI and they are saying mail is taking 2 weeks maybe more. I know my son has writting materil and everything I am just waiting t get a letter from him letting me kniw his okay.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Donation Award 

Koalabear14224, hang in there. The time he's in reception is probably the worst because of the lack of communication. Hopefully he'll be able to move right through the intake and assessment process and not have to spend too much time there. One thing I found is that postcards will get to him a lot quicker than letters because they don't have to be opened and searched. You should be able to send him books (no more than 2 at a time) from on-line vendors like Amazon. That will help him pass the time. They are in their cells most of the time, so there isn't that much for them to do. Make sure he requests the visiting form and signs it before sending it to you. Depending on how long he's there, you may or may not get approved to visit before he's transferred. I didn't, so we had to start over when he got to Solano. (My son went in in May and I finally got to visit in August)...but after he mainlines and gets to his permanent housing he will be able to make phone calls. Meanwhile, check in here. You'll find a lot of help and support while you go through this.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Standing By My Man

Dvi is not in lockdown any longer I know I have visit tomarrow. mail is starting to pick up again after x-mas and the lockdown hang in there it will get better.

JUSTICE IS SO BLIND it cant see the truth!!!!

Old 01-19-2008, 01:10 AM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

My husband is in DVI reception now too. I sent his envelopes/stamps/pens and paper priority mail on Monday and I just got a letter today the he received them. So I am thinking he got it on Wednesday or Thursday. I took Tricksie advice and mailed post cards. He has now received four letters and one post card ( I started mailing letters on Friday 01/12/08) First post card went out Monday the 14th. Still not sure what takes longer. Just keep writing, he will eventually get the letters and know that you are out here supporting him. Good luck to you.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:56 PM

My husband did his reception at DVI...and was on the mainline...he currently is at the Ranch across the street so you ladies can PM me if you have questions concerning DVI...

Old 01-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Closed

howlong does it take for the inmate get paclages like paper pen's thing's like that my son is in DVI.
thanks
Elizabeth
Old 01-20-2008, 01:24 PM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

I sent a package to my hubby priority mail last Monday and he received it that Wednesday. He seems to be getting my letters pretty quick.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:30 AM

i to use the post card idea untill they gt settled i photo copy sunday funies, word search, xword just about anything on to a post card stock just so they get mail in reception sause i run out of stuff to say
Old 04-01-2008, 11:00 PM

I'm confused. My husband is at DVI and has been there for far over a month. He hasn't seen a councelor yet- is that normal? I thought he would have mainlined by now! Any advice, please...
Old 04-01-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemnme
I'm confused. My husband is at DVI and has been there for far over a month. He hasn't seen a councelor yet- is that normal? I thought he would have mainlined by now! Any advice, please...
My son was at DVI for about 4 months, before he was mainlined. It took him close to 4 months before he saw his counselor. The week after he saw his counselor he was transferred to the prison he was to be mainlined too.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:00 AM
MISSING MY BABY

I was wondering if its possible for an inmate to stay at DVI if they are only doing a year? And whenever I get approved for visits. How long are the visits?
Old 04-09-2008, 01:28 PM
~ Forever and a Week ~
Donation Award 

It is possible if they mainline him there. That is up to the counselor. My hubby was in reception there and had only about 15 months to do and the sent him all the way up to Susanville. Once you get approved, and he is still in reception, your visits are one hour behind glass. Hope this helps. Good Luck to you

The Following User Says Thank You to patswife4-ever For This Useful Post:
JENIK (04-09-2008)
Old 04-09-2008, 09:46 PM
MISSING MY BABY

Oh okie! Thank you so much!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:49 PM

I heard there was a riot at DVI today or last night. Is this true?
Old 04-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Till The Wheels Fall Off

Yes there was a "riot" (if you wanna call it that) in East Hall. Northerns came off lock down - and it hit the fan. Northerns vs. Whites.

F0rGETTiNG.DoE$nt.MeAN.THe.DaMaGE.NeVeR.EXi$TEd.
iT.MeAN$.THe.DaMaGE.nO.LoNGeR.CoNTRoL$.YoUR.LiFE