Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:37 PM

Default Parole violation & new 2-4 year sentence. How much time for violation in PA

My husband was recently out on parole. He caught new charges and he is now going to be sent upstate. He got two new felonies, he does have a record, the DA gave him a 2-4 year sentence for Escape, DUI-Marijuana,PWI Marijuana (prior drug charges though for cocaine), corruption of minors. At this point, we are wondering what parole might do as far as his "hit". Any ideas? He accepted the negotiated plea which he accepts soon and then he will be sentenced in January and sent up state. Is there anything I can do to help? I wrote a letter to the board, and we are hopefully going to try to move to another area within the state though.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2016, 04:44 PM

I can't help you with that. My fiance violated probation, not parole and didn't get any new charges. It was a technical violation for moving out of state. He was sentenced to 60 days to 3 years. He's a month past his min date since he had to finish getting processed by the DOC. He is in Camp Hill now waiting to get transferred to wherever his home prison will be. We are hoping he'll be home in March after completing a program, especially because our baby is due in Februay! Being I'm from Delaware and had no clue, I am now well aware of how slow the DOC moves!! Good luck to you. Hope you get some answers!