Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 04-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad on leave

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,005 Times in 7,479 Posts
Default Commutation forms in post-Brown era

Has anyone filed a commutation under the new administration? I can't, for the life of me, find anything about applying for commutation on Newsom's site. When I go to the old page, it directs me to the archived page which isn't the updated form. I've reached out to them, no response.

I'm starting to feel like he has a lot of priorities that have nothing to do with corrections. Kind of a letdown after the last year of Brown's hard hitting approach.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Patrickj (04-10-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2019, 11:50 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,450 Times in 1,085 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Has anyone filed a commutation under the new administration? I can't, for the life of me, find anything about applying for commutation on Newsom's site. When I go to the old page, it directs me to the archived page which isn't the updated form. I've reached out to them, no response.

I'm starting to feel like he has a lot of priorities that have nothing to do with corrections. Kind of a letdown after the last year of Brown's hard hitting approach.
Our new Governor in his first few days as Governor, has been a big let down.
He is giving a lot of lip service. For the forms for commutation you have to use the forms in the archives. Basically at this time it is the same process as before just no new current forms at our present Governors web site. Our present Governor is to busy out of the country pushing a different agenda against the administration in Washington D.C.
This is off the topic but I am retaking the course on. How to calculate credits for inmates at CDCR. This is my third time to take this course. Every time I take this course and the CDCR Resentencing Recommendations (AB 1812) 1170(d)(1) P.C. I leave more confused then when I went in . Some of it is finally sinking in.(My mind just doesn't absorb this crap any more ) I am seeing some of the same people in these courses from previous times also .
miamac (04-10-2019), sidewalker (04-11-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 12:16 PM

Thanks, Patrick. Yeah...four months in office and he's headed on a trip but I can't get a solid answer from his office on who has replaced the last commutation contact (I think it's Onishi, but without contact info I'm not able to reach him, either). It's extremely frustrating. Husband has letters of support that have now expired because he was told to wait until the new commutation forms were released.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:

We're having the same issue. I wasn't even able to find it in the archives. I should have known to print multiple copies when Brown's site was up and running.....
The Following User Says Thank You to AshB2020 For This Useful Post:
miamac (04-10-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,498 Times in 2,089 Posts

I'm all for a recall of Greasy Gavin. The only problem with going Progressive...go too far left and you get quacks like that.

Also, unfortunately, I don't know where the new commutation forms are. I think Gavin's more concerned with talking crap about Trump than actually accomplishing anything as Governor. I'm tempted to run in 2022 as a Republican just to spite him.

To make this topic-relevant, I pledge in my first 100 days in office to restore the commutation forms.

-Eric

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
miamac (04-10-2019), Patrickj (04-11-2019), sidewalker (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 03:38 PM

Looky!
New forms are up. (did we summon this with our thread? lol)
Be sure to read each section. There are different instructions that were not on Brown's page. New applications, re-applying and a medical release if that is a part of your request for commutation.

Happy Applying!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (04-11-2019), Itshardtowait (04-11-2019), Patrickj (04-11-2019), sidewalker (04-12-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,498 Times in 2,089 Posts

Quote:
Looky!
New forms are up. (did we summon this with our thread? lol)
Be sure to read each section. There are different instructions that were not on Brown's page. New applications, re-applying and a medical release if that is a part of your request for commutation.

Happy Applying!

Gavin heard I was running and was quaking in his boots, especially since I've got a great nickname for him that he won't be able to shake

Good to know someone's got these up.

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
miamac (04-11-2019), Patrickj (04-11-2019), sidewalker (04-12-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 06:39 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,450 Times in 1,085 Posts

Got to love this same forms just with the new Governor 's name. We thought Brown was Bad but Newsom will teach us all more reasons about far left philosophy Far left or far right is not good for anyone. California is going to hell in a hand basket to fast,