Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities > Region III Work Release Centers
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Region III Work Release Centers Information and Discussion for the following facilities: Atlantic WRC, Bartow WRC, Bradenton Transition Center, Bridges of Orlando WRC,Bridges of Pompano - Turning Point WRC, Cocoa WRC, Ft. Pierce WRC, Hollywood WRC, Kissimmee WRC, Largo Residential Re-Entry Center, Miami North WRC, Opa Locka WRC, Orlando Transition Center, Orlando WRC, Pinellas WRC, Pompano Transit Center, St. Petersburg WRC, Suncoast WRC, Tarpon Springs WRC, The Transition House, West Palm Beach WRC

Old 11-29-2019, 08:55 AM

Default Looking for updated info on Bridges of Cocoa

Do we set up the phone for them? my son just got there and I haven't been able to see him yet. I'm going this weekend to get the list and will bring him the stuff the next day.
Is there any more info about the wrc in Cocoa?

Anyone have any updated info on the bridges of cocoa . Visitation? What can I bring in with me? I heard we have to bring food when visiting since no canteen?? Any fast food place will do, correct?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by GingerM; 11-30-2019 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: all questions re: same WRC/issue
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsMomma View Post
Anyone have any updated info on the bridges of cocoa . Visitation? What can I bring in with me? I heard we have to bring food when visiting since no canteen?? Any fast food place will do, correct?

Thanks in advance
You may have to call them and ask.

Old 04-08-2020, 05:41 AM

Just a little FYI, you cannot bring food when visiting the Bridges of Cocoa. They have 2 vending machines. 1 with snacks and the other with drinks.
I did get to visit my son and I was worried over nothing. It was an easy process.
The list of items he needed was long. I did forget a few things because he forgot to give me the paper and told me verbally what was needed.
And, I did set his phone up for him I got him the cheap Walmart plan and that was not enough. In 1 day, he used up his data. Wow.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:21 PM

Default cocoa work release center

does cocoa WRC have ancle moniters ??? and do they allow cell phones?? any information is helpful!

thanks
Old 10-13-2020, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,704 Times in 3,777 Posts

I'm not certain about either of those. You might be able to call them to find out.

Ankle monitors are typically used when a person is on parole, but it's possible that Cocoa uses them. A lot of halfway houses/transitional housing allows for cell phones, but only after the person has shown a degree of responsibility.

Again, this is just generally what I've heard from other work release centers, so it's not information that's definitive for Cocoa.