Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:54 AM
Donation Award 

Hi;
Sorry I haven't been around ,I desperately needed the PC debugging!!
I got two calls yesterday-the first one he was sounding rather upset in..He is crochetting me a 'wedding'(like a promise) blanket and was upset that he was having a hard time getting the yarn.Then he starting fretting about whether or not I would be denied visiting-which I'm sure I will be...As we all know the rules of the Feds!!
But so you know(I just need to get this off my chest ,I suppose),he is on probation at the moment for being under the influence of alcohol,and so now has some restrictions placed on him e.g not being able to order from the commissary.He knows it was a dumb thing to do but he was feeling very down and couldn't get hold of either me or his family to talk to.
Now I am concerned about whether I will ever be approved for visiting?!
He has served twenty years and hasn't had a visit for over fifteen years..Did I read that if I write and sort of plead his case-well,after that length of time,it's almost unheard of to maintain friends prior to incarceration isn't it?Could I use that as part of the argument do you think?I'd be very happy for any input ,as I'm feeling pretty useless at the moment.Plus,I couldn't lie as it's obvious from my home that I didn't know him before!
Anyhow,I hope everyone else is getting their letters and calls-well thats we wait for-I know I have a letter on the way.So I should get it tomorrow all being well!
Donna

Last edited by Eia; 02-02-2007 at 07:01 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2007, 06:56 AM
Donation Award 

Oh, P.S. I believe the l/down has now ended as he is now working again
and I don't think they are allowed to while there is one.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:00 AM
So far away

The kern.. good luck with the visit approval. I still would have lied being from different countries... heck how would they know?.. I am not too sure about how you could get around it, i am new to this stuff myself.

Thankfully my guy hasnt gotten in trouble for any alcohol.. or acctually he hasnt been in trouble at all. His guys take turns being the "sober driver" to keep eachother out of trouble.

ohh yea... he is working again too.. he said the lockdown is over and everything is "normal" again

Last edited by Chitownbyrd; 02-02-2007 at 11:01 AM..
Old 02-04-2007, 09:57 PM

Do they have e-mail in Victorville USP?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:03 AM
Donation Award 

Yes they have email!!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:14 AM

Hey ladies I went to go visit my baby this weekend, it was as wonderful as ever to see him are visits are always real good. Yesterday the terminated visits early cause of the super bowl (which was pertty dum because there is some of us that don't like football) But I know my baby does like it so it was probably good. Well I thought i share this with you guys.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:06 PM

jvavau, I'm glad you had a nice visit, even if they did kick you out early for a damn football game!

None of us have talked on here for awhile...I miss you guys! LOL
Old 02-05-2007, 09:50 PM
So far away

Today is his birthday and i have my fingers crossed that he will call me!.. UGH lol.. I wish i could call him. He sent me a sweet LONG email last night, so he must have gotten birthday money hehehe.. also got new pics for me in the mail.. exciting week it SHOULD be =D

I still am having trouble when i think about visits.. still nervous and self conscious!

How have u all been?????

ohh yea.. what are u guys doing for valentines day?

Old 02-07-2007, 12:27 PM

Hey ladies, we're loosing the Victorville thread little by little. Lets not let that happen, I see other threads from different prison that keep going and going like the energizer bunny and it seems like the victorville usp there is only a hand full of us, so ladies lets keep it going, remember we only have us that understand each other and the fustrations and happy moments that we go trough dealing with them being incarrcerated. Also remember we can talk about anything we feel we need to speak about so we can vent.
Well ladies i'll be visiting my baby this weekend if God permits, i'm so excited. So when are you ladies planning your trips to Beautiful Sunny California to go visit your men up at Victorville?
Old 02-07-2007, 06:04 PM

I agree! We should definitely try and keep this thing going. I hope you enjoy your visit this weekend. Let us know how it goes!
Old 02-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Finally..single digits!!!

I just wanted to say that our son called two or three days ago and the lockdown is over. I am so glad to hear that!! Someone was discussing emails earlier in this thread. The inmate has to know your email address and them he can send an email through inmatemessage asking if you want to receive this correspondence from him. It's really a good idea, since so many people are always on their computers these days. I was told it cost the inmates ten cents for every minute to read and to write email. The server probably logs their time on the system. I did remember one problem that the girls and women were having while visiting...underwire bras. They are not allowed! There was one woman guard many months ago that would let us slide by. But she is no longer at the front desk when you visit. They have gotten very strict about this, so if you are going to visit, please dress with this in mind. Although this is only my second post...I do enjoy reading everyone elses comments. It helps to know that we're not the only ones dealing with this, the feds, the rules, the lockdowns,the uncertainness, the dangers of their lifestyle behind the walls. Not too many people I know can say they have a loved one behind bars. It definately takes its toll on you and your family. Sometimes it feels as though we are doing the time with them. Thankfully, only six more years until 2013.

Take care everyone,
TLH
Old 02-11-2007, 07:24 AM
Donation Award 

Hi Everyone;
Mmmm,I'm so envious(and of course,very glad) of you that are visiting over in Victorville.I've had some great advice of what to write when I send my form back but was wondering how many times can you send it back if you have been denied previously..Does anyone know by any chance?I know that I can't put off sending it back any longer as my Sweetie is starting to think that I don't want to see him, and it's nothing like that at all!!
But anyway I agree-let's try and keep this thread going...Even if it's only to say 'hi.I'm still here'!I know you ladies have been a great support,and I'd like to think I can be the same.
So until next time..
Old 02-11-2007, 09:36 PM
So far away

TLH..... i am so worried about no underire bra.. I am a D cup and hmm.. i need support!.. I am thinking hmmm... they should make under-plastic bras.. LOL... welcome to the victorville thread

The Kern.. I am not so lucky with the visiting.. it seems like everytime i have a plan.. it goes out the window.. i was supposed to go with his friends wife.. but i cant because she got denied another 6 months. So... i start from the drawing board once again. ::rolling eyes::.. good luck with yours

As for me.. i got my card and pics for vday... YYYUUUUMMM... =D.. tehehehe

Old 02-12-2007, 04:45 AM
Donation Award 

Chitownbyrd...Please don't give up-stay strong-you'll make it to him..I mean ,I'll have to travel over 5,000 miles to visit with mine-and just the thought of it makes me feel sick(I've never been to the States before)but I know I'm going to have to do it!!Stay resolute and don't let anything else get in your way.It's important that you see eachother okay?!
I know that you can get plastic underwire over here if you look hard enough..But just a thought;since underwire and soft bras are shaped around the rib cage differently,why don't you try just taking the wire out-it might feel a little funny at first but it'll still give better support than a soft one anyway..It might sound daft but try looking on ebay-you never know what you may come across-it's been a revelation to me!!
I've had my calls too,the trouble is ,the minutes are starting to get used up pretty rapidly mainly because he's teaching me some Salish,and by the time I've said 'say that again' a few times-well,you know the rest-time goes doesn't it? And when he asks if he can call back, I just can't say no to him!
Thanks for the luck-I've a feeling I'm gonna need it!
Take Care all
Donna

Last edited by Eia; 02-12-2007 at 04:51 AM..
Old 02-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Account Closed

My ex just transfered to USP Victorville. That's the one place we hoped he wouldn't end up . But I'm glad I have this thread. Can anyone tell me what it's like in there . I heard it's a high and I'm waiting for a letter. He's gone from Detention in Vegas to a CCA in Florence and now he's no longer listed as in transit. They show him at Victorville USP....I went into shock !!!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Donation Award 

Hi Vallan;
Well, for a start it is a maximum security institution and they do seem to have quite a few l/downs in any one year.But from what I have been told by my hunny, is that it isn't that bad as far as max prisons go-but he might be biased as he was transfered from Marion,IL and any where would have been better than that place!Haha!
..No seriously, it isn't all that bad-so don't worry..Easy to say I know(and we all do it here-frequently)
I've always found the mail and calls to be pretty regular and just to let you know,when mine was transferred,it was roughly a week before I got my first letter-it all depends on whether he has the necessary stamps,envelopes etc.
Oh!They have the e-mail service there too!!
If ever you want any particular news of anything-we're always here...Nice to meet you

Last edited by Eia; 02-13-2007 at 09:40 AM..
Old 02-13-2007, 09:52 AM
So far away

vallan.. welcome!... I think its an ok place to be.. you would think it wasnt a high security.. everything will be fine. =)

The kern.. I know its important that i go and see him... i especially need to see him for the sake of knowing.. i am sure i will come with a plan and make it out there before this summer =)...i will have to do some ebay searching.. i tried removed the wires from my FAVORITE bra (they were starting to poke out anyway) and it was bad lol.. if i lifted my arms over my head the girls would fall out of it LOL... but wth it tightened all the way it was OK.. i would have to put a stitch in the strap because it keeps sliding down.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Donation Award 

Haha!!The things we women have to go through to keep ourselves decent huh? I'm not exactly small breasted myself so I know what you mean!!

Last edited by Eia; 02-13-2007 at 10:41 AM..
Old 02-13-2007, 04:57 PM

Hey ladies, well here i am again. This past weekend I wen to go see my baby and let me tell you, WELL the CO's are trying to establish a new way of doing visiting processing, well IT SUCKS. I got there at 9:30 a.m. and did not get in to te actual visiting room till 1:40 p.m. it was a horrible experience. The visiting room was so packed up and the process just suck i'm hopping it goes back the way it was cause i only got to see my baby about onw hour and by the time i actually got in there to see him i was just so fustrated and very irritated. The CO's were pertty ass#@!$% this weekend they were on every ones bussines. I guess i'm just pertty upset cause my visit was ruined by the hole way of being processed in.
I guess they try to discourage us from visiting our love ones but it aint going to happen cause i'll be there as long as i'm able to. I'm hopping this weekend is not that bad and they realize that the new way of processing just aint working "just venting".
Old 02-13-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallan14213
My ex just transfered to USP Victorville. That's the one place we hoped he wouldn't end up . But I'm glad I have this thread. Can anyone tell me what it's like in there . I heard it's a high and I'm waiting for a letter. He's gone from Detention in Vegas to a CCA in Florence and now he's no longer listed as in transit. They show him at Victorville USP....I went into shock !!!
Hey vallan14213, from all the state and federal prisons my baby has been at, I think Victorville is the most decent one. Sometimes the CO's are on a good one but other then that it's worked out fine. When they are an normal schedule and NOT on lockdown they pertty much run a good and steady routine. It's not bad at all.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:12 PM
So far away

WOW!... what the hell did they change that it took THAT long to process you in there??? What did they do differently? So there was more people than usual visiting?.. sorry your experience was bad! =(... lets hope they change things back to the way they were before for the sake of us all... we missed ya in here!

Old 02-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Account Closed

Thank girls!!! I just wrote him a letter but I'm not sure if he's in the main building or the satellite camp. The BOP website had two adresses, so maybe I should just wait. I know he'll write as soon as he gets settled in. I will definately be checking this thread out on a regular basis now that I know where he'll be finishing his sentence.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:20 PM
So far away

I think the camp is only for women.. i would go ahead and try the regulat po box 5500 addy

Old 02-14-2007, 04:37 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvavau
Hey ladies, well here i am again. This past weekend I wen to go see my baby and let me tell you, WELL the CO's are trying to establish a new way of doing visiting processing, well IT SUCKS. I got there at 9:30 a.m. and did not get in to te actual visiting room till 1:40 p.m. it was a horrible experience. The visiting room was so packed up and the process just suck i'm hopping it goes back the way it was cause i only got to see my baby about onw hour and by the time i actually got in there to see him i was just so fustrated and very irritated. The CO's were pertty ass#@!$% this weekend they were on every ones bussines. I guess i'm just pertty upset cause my visit was ruined by the hole way of being processed in.
I guess they try to discourage us from visiting our love ones but it aint going to happen cause i'll be there as long as i'm able to. I'm hopping this weekend is not that bad and they realize that the new way of processing just aint working "just venting".
Ahh..I'm so sorry that you didn't have a good visit,I would have been more than mildly irritated myself;but that sounds about right of the Feds-taking a perfectly good tried and tested system of doing things and then ballsing it all up!Surely to God ,after a few days of that they'll see sense and revert back to the original system of processing in?!
Vallan;as Chitownbyrd said the camp is for women so send anything to the 5500 P.O. Box number.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownbyrd
WOW!... what the hell did they change that it took THAT long to process you in there??? What did they do differently? So there was more people than usual visiting?.. sorry your experience was bad! =(... lets hope they change things back to the way they were before for the sake of us all... we missed ya in here!
Well before when you go into visitng, the way they processed you in was as soon as you walked in you get the visiting form and fill it out then give it to the CO with your ID and then have a seat and they would processes you in as you would be coming in. There is a CO doing all the computer things while the other CO is calling you in to clear you to get you back to the visiting room. Well this time they make you line up, they are calling 5 at a time to fill out the form then you have a seat then he process you in at the computer then he clears you to go in the visiting room at this point about 15 to 20 minutes gone by well by this point the line is getting bigger and bigger and it's taking longer and longer. Anyways it was a real BAD idea.