Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Tennessee should be posted here.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:27 PM

Question IPO interview coming up, what happens after that?

My LO IPO interview coming up next week what happens after that? His initial parole hearing next month. I'm kinda new to this parole hearing process just was wondering what ppl have experience with the tn parole board process
Old 11-25-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsladyy View Post
My LO IPO interview coming up next week what happens after that? His initial parole hearing next month. I'm kinda new to this parole hearing process just was wondering what ppl have experience with the tn parole board process
It depends on race- YES!!! charge and time served. TN loves to keep it's ##people as long as they possibly can still stuck in pre-civil war mentality AND they get Federal money for keeping more in) , whereas they let the others out quicker. If he has a piddly charge and he is not##, his chances are greater. The staff in TN state prisons don't DO their jobs and CCA prisons keep theirs as long as they can stretch it out. I KNOW these things from the inside as well as the outside.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:41 PM

It's non violent charge he got almost 4yrs on a 12@35 so were praying for best but preparing for worse cuz from reading different post anything can happen.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
It's non violent charge he got almost 4yrs on a 12@35 so were praying for best but preparing for worse cuz from reading different post anything can happen.
He's not ## and a non-violent, his chances are greater as long as he's kept himself as 'clean' as possible in there and taken classes/held a job--his chance is greater than a new ## going in from some Podunk town is this pitifully disgusting so-called 'state'. Yes, I am ugly hateful about this state, it deserves my disgust. Best of wishes/prayers to you and he!!
Old 11-29-2016, 10:49 PM

Hopefully this is not too late, normally the IPO (counselor at the prison) will interview the inmate to see what classes they are taken that were recommended to them during the reclassification process. Depending on the charges some courses are permitted to be taken on the town, but TN do require them to complete the Therapeutic course which is around 9 months
Quote: