Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Federal Prisons in Beaumont, Texas. Including FPC Beaumont, FCI Beaumont - Low, FCI Beaumont - Medium, and USP Beaumont.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Donation Award 

Default A very special thanks to the gentleman that loaned my wife his shirt.

I don't know if he visits this forum or not, but I want to give very special heartfelt thank you to the gentleman that loaned my wife his shirt at Beaumont low yesterday (6-26-10).
It was our first trip to visit our son and after driving 5 hours, spending money on a motel room, waiting in line, & filling out forms my wife was denied entrance and sent to Wal-Mart because she had an under wire bra on which set off the metal detector. When she got back from Wal-mart she was then told that the bra she bought could be seen through her shirt so she could not enter. At this point she was on the verge of tears and a complete break down when a gentleman went to his car and bought her a shirt. I cannot thank this man enough.
You know we might be rich, poor, drop out, college honor roll, white, black, Mexican, fry cook, corporate president, or whatever. But when we are in that waiting room we are all equal. And I found that everyone was friendly, thoughtful and very help full.
Why in God's name does it take a life changing tragedy like having a loved one incarcerated to bring people together.
Once again I wan to thank that gentleman, but I also want to thank everybody that was visiting at Beaumont low yesterday.
Charles
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to farm54 For This Useful Post:
Jillian (06-27-2010), Old Paint (06-27-2010), patchouli (06-27-2010), Ronsbaby (06-28-2010), sage26 (06-27-2010), Saiyidah (06-27-2010), TimedOut (07-02-2010), tolong (06-27-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2010, 07:20 AM
MrsT
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,763 Times in 868 Posts

I'm sure he feels you and your wife's graditute already but Thank you for posting such a positive story for the rest of us to read!
The Following User Says Thank You to OneOfMany For This Useful Post:
Ronsbaby (06-28-2010)
Old 06-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Honey

That's just b.s. I wear an underwire at MAX and have NEVER been denided if I set off the detector they wand me and I was there sat and sun with the girls in wire. Honey
Old 06-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,593 Times in 2,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey17 View Post
That's just b.s. I wear an underwire at MAX and have NEVER been denided if I set off the detector they wand me and I was there sat and sun with the girls in wire. Honey
While this is understandable everywhere is different, and what maybe allowed next door or across the street isn't going to always be allowed somewhere else. Not sure if this facility only has the metal detector or wand, so i really can't say why they made this call, but it was up to that officer. As i have visited a few location that only had one or the other.

I want to thank you for posting this story, its really great to see that there is still kind people out there who are willing to be kind
The Following User Says Thank You to Jillian For This Useful Post:
Ronsbaby (06-28-2010)
Old 06-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Banned

Thanked 3,917 Times in 1,385 Posts

that is great. I hope the visit went well also.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:43 PM

thanks for sharing that it was nice of you
Old 06-27-2010, 10:47 PM
jeanniec1

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey17 View Post

At Beaumont Low, if you set off the metal detector, they will wand you but even if you pass that they won't let you in or at least they didn't for us. They just tell you "sorry". My daughter in laws jeans had a lot of metal studs on them and she set off the detector. They then wanded her and said that it was her jeans that were setting off the detector so we thought they were going to let her in but they said no. She had to go change.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeanniec1 For This Useful Post:
Ronsbaby (06-28-2010)
Old 06-27-2010, 10:52 PM

wow if i ever get to visit i know what not to wear this site real helpful
Old 06-27-2010, 10:53 PM
jeanniec1

[quote=farm54;5490008]I don't know if he visits this forum or not, but I want to give very special heartfelt thank you to the gentleman that loaned my wife his shirt at Beaumont low yesterday (6-26-10).
It was our first trip to visit our son and after driving 5 hours, spending money on a motel room, waiting in line, & filling out forms my wife was denied entrance and sent to Wal-Mart because she had an under wire bra on which set off the metal detector. When she got back from Wal-mart she was then told that the bra she bought could be seen through her shirt so she could not enter. At this point she was on the verge of tears and a complete break down when a gentleman went to his car and bought her a shirt. I cannot thank this man enough.
You know we might be rich, poor, drop out, college honor roll, white, black, Mexican, fry cook, corporate president, or whatever. But when we are in that waiting room we are all equal. And I found that everyone was friendly, thoughtful and very help full.

I'm sorry that happened to y'all. I thought I told y'all about underwire bra's. They make no exceptions for that. They will let you go in the bathroom and remove the underwire from your bra. Just another little tip, if the metal button on your jeans or pants sets off the detector, if you hold your hand over the snap and go in the detector sideways, it won't go off. They will let you do that at the low. Some of the guards will tell you to do that. I had that happen to me but it was another visitor that told me to do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeanniec1 For This Useful Post:
Ronsbaby (06-28-2010)
Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Honey

Again I'm so sorry your wife was treated so unfairly and rules are rules. that was very nice of that man to give your wife his shirt. I would do the same for ANY one myself I keep tons of clothes and shoes in my car. I know how bad I would feel if I was not able to see my love. Like I said I galdly would give what I had to make sure ANY one could see their guy without a second though
Old 06-28-2010, 10:18 PM

thanks for posting your story and it's so awesome that someone helped by giving the shirt to ware, it can be very frustrating when not being able to pass the metal detector!
my baby was at fdc - philadelphia and if you set the metal detector off for any reason you could not go in unless you could pass thru w/out it going off, you could leave change buy whatever but do not set it off, there they wouldn't even allow you to put ur hand over the item that sets it off and walk thru sideways

my baby is now at usp hazelton, there they allow you to put ur hand over a button or the back of your bra and walk thru slowly sideways and if you can go thru that way w/out setting it off they will allow you thru

in philly woman could ware any type of shoes we wanted sexy and open toe, here at usp hazelton no way they will not allow you in unless you have closed shoes, no sandles or open toed shoes what so ever!

glad you guys had the chance to have a visit sorry you had to go thru that though as it is frustrating and nerve wracking!
your pain may be more painful today, and my pain may be more painful tomorrow, your strength and courage may be higher today, and mine might be higher tomorrow, but one thing we all do share in ---- pain, strength and courage, and loving an inmate

I love him with everything i am and everything i have, including all my heart and soul <3
Old 07-04-2010, 07:51 AM

Thanks for the tips ladies.. I will be visiting beaumont low soon and I will be traveling from GA so I hope I get through without setting off any alarms..
Old 07-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Donation Award 

I couldn't agree more. I was petrified the first time I went to visit my son. I didn't know what to expect. I was in awe and appreciative with the interactions with everybody who was there to visit their love ones. I suppose is that we all are on the same boat and share a bond. A bond that nobody else understands except us. Yes it is true about the underwire. Last time I went, they turned away an elderly lady. Everytime I am going to visit, my son reminds me about not wearing underwire bras

Last edited by carandan; 07-05-2010 at 03:34 PM..