Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Federal Prisons in Beaumont, Texas. Including FPC Beaumont, FCI Beaumont - Low, FCI Beaumont - Medium, and USP Beaumont.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-24-2009, 08:44 PM
jeanniec1 jeanniec1 is offline
jeanniec1
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mobile, Al
Posts: 124
Thanks: 84
Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts
Default Hotels in Beaumont

Does anyone know the cheapest hotel in Beaumont which is also the best. Thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-24-2009, 11:22 PM
MelissaTx's Avatar
MelissaTx MelissaTx is offline
waiting on my love
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 990
Thanks: 386
Thanked 216 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Your best bet would be to use www.priceline.com and bid on a room. I just booked 2 nights at Fairfield Inn for $100.04 (thats with tax). The only other really cheap hotels are in bad neighborhoods. I couldnt begin to tell you how to get to them! But ofcourse with priceline you will have to use a credit card or debit card, and you cant pick which hotel, you get which ever one accepts your bid. I have never gotten a "roach" hotel. They have always been nice.
__________________
Married March 11,1998
Went away March 14,2008
Home May 14,2010


















Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-05-2010, 02:44 AM
nati09 nati09 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: texas us
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I work at one lol! Laquinta usually you can get a rate of 102.35 wit tax or 90.85 if they run the special like they did all last week but here da numba if u wana call n get the price o reserve it in this area its a good price plus we're 15 mins o so from da feds...409-842-0002
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-05-2010, 03:11 AM
nati09 nati09 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: texas us
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

ok i guess I'll strt here! Does ne1 knw anythg bout getn married at the Med?? I have the policy but it doesnt go into details! Like is it by proxy o wat I knw I heard state prision is by proxy....and alone time etc,.....ne 1????? pm me plzzzz!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-22-2010, 04:23 PM
vuitton1 vuitton1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: rio grande valley tx
Posts: 32
Thanks: 12
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniec1 View Post
Does anyone know the cheapest hotel in Beaumont which is also the best. Thanks
You can also try hotwire they don't tell you what hotel it is but I usually choose the 3 star and its the holiday inn so I know its the only one they have. You might also want to get points with leading hotel brands in the begining before I found out of priceline or hotwire I would pay regular price and then use points for free nights.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-22-2010, 06:16 PM
jeanniec1 jeanniec1 is offline
jeanniec1
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mobile, Al
Posts: 124
Thanks: 84
Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuitton1 View Post
You can also try hotwire they don't tell you what hotel it is but I usually choose the 3 star and its the holiday inn so I know its the only one they have. You might also want to get points with leading hotel brands in the begining before I found out of priceline or hotwire I would pay regular price and then use points for free nights.
You know, the only thing I worry about with using priceline or one of the other ones is that they might choose a hotel farther away from the facility than I would rather be. I want to stay in Nederland. My grandchildren and my daughter in law live in Nederland. They moved out there to be closer to my son. They only live a couple of miles from the facility and I want to be close to them. I want to stay in one of the hotels on 69, down by the mall. When I went at Christmas, I stayed with them but I'm going back in March and I'm getting a hotel this time because I hate to put someone out of their room. I got my daughter in law to go look at some of the hotels the other day. The Super 8 has an indoor pool that I thought the kids might like. She says it looks clean and it's not that expensive. I won't really be spending a lot of time there except to sleep. I'm going to see him on Friday and Sunday and the city is having their Heritage Festival that weekend so I guess we're going to that. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, I hate to commit myself to something I might not be happy with and then not be able to change it. If I could choose the hotel, since I kind of know which hotels are the closest to where I want to be, I would feel better about using priceline or hotwire. When you booked your room through hotwire, where was the hotel? I don't want a hotel in Beaumont, I want a hotel on 69 which is only about 2 or 3 miles from my grandchildren. But I haven't reserved my room yet because I'm still undecided about where I'm going to stay. Money is not that much of an issue although I would rather get the best deal that I can. I drove my car out there in December but I'm renting a car this time to keep from putting so many miles on my car so getting a good deal would be better.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-22-2010, 07:11 PM
vuitton1 vuitton1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: rio grande valley tx
Posts: 32
Thanks: 12
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I usually stay at the holiday inn on I-10 and walden it is not that far from the mall in beaumont I don't know if that is the same mall you are talking about. To the prison it is about 10 min. Wether I use priceline or hotwire I always bet on a 3 star and I know I will get a nice hotel. I understand you about feeling nervious about not getting what you want cuz it happened to me once and I didn't stay cuz it looked ugly and unsafe so after that I just get 3 star hotels. Sometimes its just better to go with instinct and pay a little more or in my case loose some and pay more lol. Goodluck finding your hotel.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Stangloverswife Stangloverswife is offline
Resident Smart Ass
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,036
Thanks: 136
Thanked 358 Times in 239 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniec1 View Post
You know, the only thing I worry about with using priceline or one of the other ones is that they might choose a hotel farther away from the facility than I would rather be. I want to stay in Nederland. My grandchildren and my daughter in law live in Nederland. They moved out there to be closer to my son. They only live a couple of miles from the facility and I want to be close to them. I want to stay in one of the hotels on 69, down by the mall. When I went at Christmas, I stayed with them but I'm going back in March and I'm getting a hotel this time because I hate to put someone out of their room. I got my daughter in law to go look at some of the hotels the other day. The Super 8 has an indoor pool that I thought the kids might like. She says it looks clean and it's not that expensive. I won't really be spending a lot of time there except to sleep. I'm going to see him on Friday and Sunday and the city is having their Heritage Festival that weekend so I guess we're going to that. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, I hate to commit myself to something I might not be happy with and then not be able to change it. If I could choose the hotel, since I kind of know which hotels are the closest to where I want to be, I would feel better about using priceline or hotwire. When you booked your room through hotwire, where was the hotel? I don't want a hotel in Beaumont, I want a hotel on 69 which is only about 2 or 3 miles from my grandchildren. But I haven't reserved my room yet because I'm still undecided about where I'm going to stay. Money is not that much of an issue although I would rather get the best deal that I can. I drove my car out there in December but I'm renting a car this time to keep from putting so many miles on my car so getting a good deal would be better.
The Nederland area is higher priced than Beaumont... be prepared to pay higher to stay in a higher priced room. And there aren't that many hotels off of 69... just a couple of them.
__________________
Life is about learning to be content while having a little or having a lot; it's about being happy with what you have.




"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission"
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-22-2010, 07:52 PM
MelissaTx's Avatar
MelissaTx MelissaTx is offline
waiting on my love
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 990
Thanks: 386
Thanked 216 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Everytime I have stayed in Bmt, priceline has given me a hotel right on hwy 69/I-10. I dont remember seeing any hotels (except one "roach" hotel) north of the mall on hwy 69. Most of the nicer hotels are south of the mall. I believe that when you go to priceline, you can move the area on the map on the right hand side of the screen to better fit the area your wanting. Everytime Ive stayed in Bmt Ive either gotten Fairfield Inn, Courtyard or Holiday Inn. They are all right on Hwy 69/I-10 (the Holiday Inn that I stayed at was right at the intersection of 69/10). There is also a new Baymont hotel futher south on 69 right before the turn off going to the prison. I dont think they were open at Christmas, but should be by now. The one here in my home town has a indoor pool, bar and eats. Should run you about $80-$100 a night. The Fairfield Inn and Courtyard also have indoor pools. HTH

Sorry I just looked on the map to see where Nederland's at. I was thinking it was north of Bmt on hwy 69. Any of the hotels between the mall and the hwy 69 and I-10 intersection are good ones.
__________________
Married March 11,1998
Went away March 14,2008
Home May 14,2010



















Last edited by MelissaTx; 02-22-2010 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Stangloverswife Stangloverswife is offline
Resident Smart Ass
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,036
Thanks: 136
Thanked 358 Times in 239 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaTx View Post
Everytime I have stayed in Bmt, priceline has given me a hotel right on hwy 69/I-10. I dont remember seeing any hotels (except one "roach" hotel) north of the mall on hwy 69. Most of the nicer hotels are south of the mall. I believe that when you go to priceline, you can move the area on the map on the right hand side of the screen to better fit the area your wanting. Everytime Ive stayed in Bmt Ive either gotten Fairfield Inn, Courtyard or Holiday Inn. They are all right on Hwy 69/I-10 (the Holiday Inn that I stayed at was right at the intersection of 69/10). There is also a new Baymont hotel futher south on 69 right before the turn off going to the prison. I dont think they were open at Christmas, but should be by now. The one here in my home town has a indoor pool, bar and eats. Should run you about $80-$100 a night. The Fairfield Inn and Courtyard also have indoor pools. HTH

Sorry I just looked on the map to see where Nederland's at. I was thinking it was north of Bmt on hwy 69. Any of the hotels between the mall and the hwy 69 and I-10 intersection are good ones.

I think she's talking about the mall in Port Arthur, which is on the corner of 69 and 365 ... you and I went that direction together once...
__________________
Life is about learning to be content while having a little or having a lot; it's about being happy with what you have.




"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission"
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-23-2010, 07:08 AM
MelissaTx's Avatar
MelissaTx MelissaTx is offline
waiting on my love
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 990
Thanks: 386
Thanked 216 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangloverswife View Post
I think she's talking about the mall in Port Arthur, which is on the corner of 69 and 365 ... you and I went that direction together once...
LOL, I dont remember that! And you know Im still on heavy meds, and I have to stay away from posting cuz Im all in LaLa Land. LMAO
__________________
Married March 11,1998
Went away March 14,2008
Home May 14,2010


















Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-23-2010, 07:32 AM
jeanniec1 jeanniec1 is offline
jeanniec1
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mobile, Al
Posts: 124
Thanks: 84
Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangloverswife View Post
I think she's talking about the mall in Port Arthur, which is on the corner of 69 and 365 ... you and I went that direction together once...
I'm not sure which mall it is. Texas road system confuses me. But I can tell you that my grandchildren live just off the beauxhart (spelling?) garden/spurlock road exit and I want to be close to that area. You have to pass the exit to get to the facility to get to their apartment. It's the mall on 69 South I think. I'd have to get my directions out to make sure and right this minute I can't find them. Sorry, just found the directions and it is 69 South. Anyway, you go past the exit for the facility, pass the beauxhart garden exit and there is a mall just a couple of miles past there on the left with a lot of hotels. We didn't look at any of them when I was there in December but most of them looked pretty nice just looking at them from the road. That's where I am trying to get.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-23-2010, 07:47 AM
jeanniec1 jeanniec1 is offline
jeanniec1
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mobile, Al
Posts: 124
Thanks: 84
Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts
Default

One other question. If you submit a bid for a hotel and you don't like it, can you back out of it?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-23-2010, 09:10 AM
MelissaTx's Avatar
MelissaTx MelissaTx is offline
waiting on my love
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 990
Thanks: 386
Thanked 216 Times in 147 Posts
Default

I dont think so. Sorry
__________________
Married March 11,1998
Went away March 14,2008
Home May 14,2010


















Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Stangloverswife Stangloverswife is offline
Resident Smart Ass
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,036
Thanks: 136
Thanked 358 Times in 239 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniec1 View Post
I'm not sure which mall it is. Texas road system confuses me. But I can tell you that my grandchildren live just off the beauxhart (spelling?) garden/spurlock road exit and I want to be close to that area. You have to pass the exit to get to the facility to get to their apartment. It's the mall on 69 South I think. I'd have to get my directions out to make sure and right this minute I can't find them. Sorry, just found the directions and it is 69 South. Anyway, you go past the exit for the facility, pass the beauxhart garden exit and there is a mall just a couple of miles past there on the left with a lot of hotels. We didn't look at any of them when I was there in December but most of them looked pretty nice just looking at them from the road. That's where I am trying to get.
yea the Beauxart exit is over in the PA area... the mall you are thinking of is the Central Mall off of 365 and 69. The mall the other girls are thinking of is the Park Dale mall off of Dowlen and 69. ...

and you actually CAN back out of a room if you get the right person on the phone from their customer service, BUT, they don't refund the money until you have a new booking and they still keep part of your money. In my case, it was still almost as much as we were paying, so we went with it.
__________________
Life is about learning to be content while having a little or having a lot; it's about being happy with what you have.




"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission"
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stangloverswife For This Useful Post:
jeanniec1 (02-28-2010)
  #16  
Old 08-26-2010, 04:15 PM
crashgirl's Avatar
crashgirl crashgirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 41
Thanks: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default Baymont Inn & Suites

I am going to stay there tomorrow night and Sat night it has great reviews and when I called they had great rates it's $68.99 for the night that is after taxes. It is off I-10 take 69 south the address is...
2865 West Cardinal Drive
Beaumont, TX 77705 US
Phone: 409-554-0670
I will post a review after this weekend it looks clean and is close to the port arthur rd. turn off to get to the prison so I think it will be great for us. It has a pool which will keep the kids busy after our Sat. visit
__________________
Thanks,
CrashGirl


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crashgirl For This Useful Post:
waiiting4him (08-26-2010)
  #17  
Old 08-26-2010, 04:47 PM
waiiting4him's Avatar
waiiting4him waiiting4him is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 527
Thanks: 306
Thanked 255 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashgirl View Post
I am going to stay there tomorrow night and Sat night it has great reviews and when I called they had great rates it's $68.99 for the night that is after taxes. It is off I-10 take 69 south the address is...
2865 West Cardinal Drive
Beaumont, TX 77705 US
Phone: 409-554-0670
I will post a review after this weekend it looks clean and is close to the port arthur rd. turn off to get to the prison so I think it will be great for us. It has a pool which will keep the kids busy after our Sat. visit

I will be staying there from September 5th-13th... I got a really good deal and the main reason i was interested in staying there was because it has a kitchette so then we won't have to eat out every night.... Let me know what you think though so I know what to expect!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-29-2010, 11:17 PM
pgurl pgurl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: fl,usa
Posts: 12
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I stayed at Holiday Inn on walden and it was Awesome ! I booked the room on priceline I stayed 5 nights it was 50.00 per night when booking on priceline always choose three star hotels .... I also got to visit all five days woo hoooo!!!! ( just thought i would throw that in there )
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-30-2010, 10:34 AM
crashgirl's Avatar
crashgirl crashgirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 41
Thanks: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashgirl View Post
I am going to stay there tomorrow night and Sat night it has great reviews and when I called they had great rates it's $68.99 for the night that is after taxes. It is off I-10 take 69 south the address is...
2865 West Cardinal Drive
Beaumont, TX 77705 US
Phone: 409-55...
I will post a review after this weekend it looks clean and is close to the port arthur rd. turn off to get to the prison so I think it will be great for us. It has a pool which will keep the kids busy after our Sat. visit
It was a great hotel very clean and the room had a full kitchen. It was 5 minutes from the prison. They had great customer service as well! i highly recommend this hotel you will get the best room prices as well for what you get...
__________________
Thanks,
CrashGirl


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-30-2010, 10:40 AM
crashgirl's Avatar
crashgirl crashgirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 41
Thanks: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiiting4him View Post
I will be staying there from September 5th-13th... I got a really good deal and the main reason i was interested in staying there was because it has a kitchette so then we won't have to eat out every night.... Let me know what you think though so I know what to expect!
You wont miss it is off of hwy 69 south and they were excellent they sell icecreams at the front dest my kids loved that and have a pool, as well as they have great vending options...good luck and hope your visit goes well!
__________________
Thanks,
CrashGirl


Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crashgirl For This Useful Post:
waiiting4him (08-30-2010)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics