Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Minnesota prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:41 AM

Default Family Visits in Minnesota?

I have been wondering what ever happened to conjugal visits that were allowed in Minnesota? When did they end and why?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2013, 12:24 AM

idk but is there a way we can petition for them back or something?!?!?!?!?!
Old 11-14-2016, 05:58 PM

That would be great wouldn't it ?
Old 11-14-2016, 09:08 PM

Lightbulb Family visits

I think ( not sure what prison) but a prisoner killed his wife. Visits are only allowed in 6 states in the u.s. In other countries they are much more liberal. I do think it's inhumane to not allow another person to be touched, it is a innate need. Without human touch a newborn will die. I met my guy after he was out from his term. We met where I work, he kept coming in and after blowing him off for quite awhile we had lunch and etc. I asked him about women but didn't believe him until we first touched and hugged ..it was like a man drowning , I have never met anyone so starved for a hug, a caress, and just playing with his hair made him feel great and human again. I did find online some petitions that are now done but I think it's important and the cause should be taken up again.

Who's with me?
Old 11-14-2016, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,513 Times in 2,793 Posts

And neither of the posters at the top of this thread have been here since 2013.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:56 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,874 Times in 6,809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridayslady View Post
I think ( not sure what prison) but a prisoner killed his wife. Visits are only allowed in 6 states in the u.s. In other countries they are much more liberal. I do think it's inhumane to not allow another person to be touched, it is a innate need. Without human touch a newborn will die. I met my guy after he was out from his term. We met where I work, he kept coming in and after blowing him off for quite awhile we had lunch and etc. I asked him about women but didn't believe him until we first touched and hugged ..it was like a man drowning , I have never met anyone so starved for a hug, a caress, and just playing with his hair made him feel great and human again. I did find online some petitions that are now done but I think it's important and the cause should be taken up again.

Who's with me?
It's actually down to four states: California, Connecticut, New York and Washington.

If you Google "Minnesota Family Visits (also referred to as private visits, extended visits and the outdated term conjugal visits), petition", you'll see that there have been several attempts to get this going. I'm in no way trying to discourage you, but it's a huge task and one you'd want an organized leader of social justice to assist you with.

Best of luck!
Old 11-14-2016, 10:13 PM

I understand and yes it would take dedication and effort plus work not just talking. And I have time on my hands for at least the next four years. Thanks for replying.