Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Federal Prisons in Beaumont, Texas. Including FPC Beaumont, FCI Beaumont - Low, FCI Beaumont - Medium, and USP Beaumont.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:28 AM

Default Questions Re: Housing Med Inmates

Is the beaumont med and the usp interchangeable or something?From what I gather the med has had a few problems that sound like problems they would have at a usp.Is the usp overcrowded and bop just rolls them over to med-or are fed med wild as hell like the state meds?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Donation Award 

From what I have gathered from what members have said on here and what it says on the bop.gov website. At this time, USP is housing medium inmates but they plan on changing it back to a full-blown USP by the end of the year(atleast that is what they were saying beginning of this year). Also from what I have learned that the Fed. facilities are way better than alot of state facilities (especially Texas state facilities). I don't know much at all about the USP. But there are several ladies on here that have loved ones there so they should be able to help, and they get on regularly.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:34 PM

thanks waiting4him-oh by the way congrats on the newly minted moderater stat.I've been trying to piece togeather all the info about beaumont med-but haven't really been able to paint a picture yet.when I was in the state joint(missouri) it was kind of a zoo...but I really don't know what to make of the feds yet.You are pretty reliable shooting some kind of useful info back to me-Thanks a bunch for that.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Donation Award 

Oh your welcome. I try, this forum has been really slow recently usually there are a lot more involvement. So I try my best to find some type of answer for you. I still havn't heard anything from my hubby so I havn't been able to ask him about how it is in there. One tip is make sure no one else knows how to access your account in there. That is why the lack of contact with hubby. Someone went into his account and transfered ALL of his funds out (which was like a good $600). I have called and asked to speak to someone but they all just blame him and won't do anything about it. So you just have to be careful. Have you looked through the handbook on the bop.gov website or any of that? I know that is very technical and things have changed a bit but that will give you a better idea atleast a summary of how things are.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:44 AM

DAMN!Hope he gets his grip back.Yeah,I looked at the hand book on the bop web site,it helped alittle.I guess it will be like the state as far as personal info-write it all in code.