Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-10-2015, 10:17 PM
StaceBo StaceBo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: California USA
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts
Default 80% gets 50% now in California state facilities??

So I was told today 80% gets 50% now in California state facilities wow I sure wish 85% could get lower for my nephew situation
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-10-2015, 10:54 PM
Caligirl20985 Caligirl20985 is offline
Caligurl209
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: California
Posts: 436
Thanks: 14
Thanked 113 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Wish it was 85% that will bring my sister n husband home sooner. But I stay positive that we will have changes soon
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-10-2015, 10:59 PM
StaceBo StaceBo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: California USA
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Stay positive that's all we can do until these crazy laws change
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-11-2015, 12:23 AM
Jaydenulloa09 Jaydenulloa09 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 80% to 50%

Hi... my husband is currently in prison... where did you hear about 80 going to 50??
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceBo View Post
So I was told today 80% gets 50% now in California state facilities wow I sure wish 85% could get lower for my nephew situation
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-11-2015, 12:26 AM
Jaydenulloa09 Jaydenulloa09 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Do you mean non violent second strikers getting referred to BPH at 50% of there time..or did u hear that everyone who has 80% is getting 50% from here on out... thank u for ur help..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-11-2015, 08:11 AM
AnarchyHeart's Avatar
AnarchyHeart AnarchyHeart is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 1,619
Thanks: 975
Thanked 1,717 Times in 908 Posts
Default

From my understanding many rumors are going around that it is automatically %50. And also it doesn't help that sometimes they hear it from their lawyers that they can be out at halftime. The fact now, and there is no solid information anywhere it's changed, is 80% has been reduced to 66.7%. Then at 50% (of the 100% of sentence) if they fit certain criteria outlined in the qualifications they can get their file sent to a second strike parole board. File only, they do not get a meeting. Right now the rate is holding at about 50/50 approved/denied.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-11-2015, 09:40 AM
DeeNGee's Avatar
DeeNGee DeeNGee is offline
Somekind of Wonderful
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lake Forest
Posts: 242
Thanks: 33
Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchyHeart
From my understanding many rumors are going around that it is automatically %50. And also it doesn't help that sometimes they hear it from their lawyers that they can be out at halftime. The fact now, and there is no solid information anywhere it's changed, is 80% has been reduced to 66.7%. Then at 50% (of the 100% of sentence) if they fit certain criteria outlined in the qualifications they can get their file sent to a second strike parole board. File only, they do not get a meeting. Right now the rate is holding at about 50/50 approved/denied.
You are absolutely right! It was NOT automatic 80% to 50%- I wish it was that easy.

Currently my husband & I are waiting to hear back from the board. They have 60days to reply..trusting God!
__________________
gEE...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-12-2015, 09:40 PM
StaceBo StaceBo is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: California USA
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 18 Posts
Default

My husband said they put a memo out and there have been several inmates that was 80% now getting 50% and they have already been reclassified and received a new date I'm not sure if they are 2nd strikers or non violent sorry I was just shocked to hear 80% dropped so quickly I will try to find out more info
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-12-2015, 10:01 PM
AnarchyHeart's Avatar
AnarchyHeart AnarchyHeart is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 1,619
Thanks: 975
Thanked 1,717 Times in 908 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceBo View Post
My husband said they put a memo out and there have been several inmates that was 80% now getting 50% and they have already been reclassified and received a new date I'm not sure if they are 2nd strikers or non violent sorry I was just shocked to hear 80% dropped so quickly I will try to find out more info
80% is always a second striker. Non violent. Not all qualify for the drop to 66.7% if I remember correctly. If it's a violent offense it is 85% first or second strike.
Would love to hear it is dropped to 50% automatically but I'm very skeptical because of how rampant rumors run in there regarding these things. These rumors have been going on and will continue to go on and more so now because of changes.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-16-2015, 04:40 PM
2sleepy 2sleepy is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 3,221
Thanks: 419
Thanked 2,619 Times in 1,199 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceBo View Post
My husband said they put a memo out and there have been several inmates that was 80% now getting 50% and they have already been reclassified and received a new date I'm not sure if they are 2nd strikers or non violent sorry I was just shocked to hear 80% dropped so quickly I will try to find out more info
Actually the reverse is happening, some second strikers had the 2933 eligible box marked by the sentencing court and were being given 50% time, CDCR has been reviewing them and sending them new release dates calculated at 80%.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Jaydenulloa09 Jaydenulloa09 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: California
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Actually the reverse is happening, some second strikers had the 2933 eligible box marked by the sentencing court and were being given 50% time, CDCR has been reviewing them and sending them new release dates calculated at 80%.
What do u mean they are doing reversals?? Can u explain that to me..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many Federal Facilities in California HNSAY Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 1 03-29-2008 06:38 PM
Juvenile Facilities in California cysreese California Juvenile System 9 11-13-2006 10:24 PM
have info for all 33 state facilities in California to help you jewls California General Prison Talk 49 07-11-2004 01:14 AM
Juvenile Facilities - California Soul SLiver California Juvenile System 2 07-20-2003 10:39 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:34 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics