Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:43 AM

Default Minimum Custody 50% inmate/Question about requirements

Just out of curiosity are there any other requirements that must be met other than what's stipulated in the court order?

As of January 1, 2015, Defendants expanded 2-for-1 credit earnings for all inmates designated Minimum Custody A or B pursuant to California Code of Regulations Title 15 Section 3377.1 who are currently eligible to earn day-for- day (50%) credits. These credits are being applied prospectively to the 725 inmates who are currently eligible under this program. Since January 1, 2015, 2,684 total inmates have been released receiving expanded 2-for-1 earnings.

Our loved ones counselor told him he had to have less than 5 years before he'd change his status. Another inmate told him it had to be less than 7 left yet. Does anyone know if what the counselor or the inmate said is true? He has less than 12 points - does that mean anything?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2016, 12:11 AM

Thanked 2,619 Times in 1,199 Posts

I read the memo and I think the 5- 7 1/2 year issue only applies to inmates who are serving two terms at the same time, one at 80% or 85% credits and the other at 50%. The third time in that case would not be added until the inmate served more than 5, but less than 7.5 years and would only apply to the 50% term. As far as other stipulations, the only one I know of is that if they are "P" coded or have a VIO they are ineligible. The son of a friend of mine was sent to fire camp and taken out after two weeks because Sacramento P coded him (that's sort of like a VIO) because he had an old domestic violence case. I might be able to help more if you could tell me more about this particular situation. What was he sentenced to? What was the term? Was there more than one charge, if so were they all to be served at 50%? Does he have a VIO (violence) added to his c-file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilkenma View Post
Just out of curiosity are there any other requirements that must be met other than what's stipulated in the court order?

As of January 1, 2015, Defendants expanded 2-for-1 credit earnings for all inmates designated Minimum Custody A or B pursuant to California Code of Regulations Title 15 Section 3377.1 who are currently eligible to earn day-for- day (50%) credits. These credits are being applied prospectively to the 725 inmates who are currently eligible under this program. Since January 1, 2015, 2,684 total inmates have been released receiving expanded 2-for-1 earnings.

Our loved ones counselor told him he had to have less than 5 years before he'd change his status. Another inmate told him it had to be less than 7 left yet. Does anyone know if what the counselor or the inmate said is true? He has less than 12 points - does that mean anything?