Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:50 PM

hopefully he gets an earlier release date then what his prd
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2016, 06:31 PM

Thanked 1,717 Times in 908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veesoto View Post
hopefully he gets an earlier release date then what his prd
StaciBo did have some helpful information. All this 2for1 is new. I do know he would have to be minimum level. The interesting part is when does it start. The way I read it, it was when they hit the minimum yard. But if his counselor tells him he is eligible for minimum level, and waiting for a bed and transfer, are they starting it at that point. That is what I'm not sure of. So that would be my question, it doesn't affect me but it's good info. They don't need to be on the minimum yard, just eligible and even waiting? If he's not eligible for minimum, the counselor can still verify level and date.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnarchyHeart For This Useful Post:
JCMiller (02-15-2016)
Old 01-26-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceBo View Post
His original sentence was 3 years with half he went to Delano for reception(100days) and after seeing his counselor he was given in Erpd of 7/2016 and after realizing he was eligible for 2for1 days I started making some calls after four months I finally succeeded in him getting a new release date of 2/2016 you really need to stay on top of them or nothing will get accomplished
Well, after looking into what you mentioned about 2 for 1, I seen a court order where it states that inmates that are already doing 50% time are in fact eligilbe for 2 for 1 as well..on top of the 50%. So I contacted the obundsman for nksp, and emailed him in regards to this. He did reply quickly, but he stated that once he is classified and send to a prison, out of reception , that is when the 2 for 1 starts, but I read that inmates who are in fact eligible are eligible whether they are working or awaiting classification while in reception. I emailed the article to him as well and I am awaiting response. My fiance has not seen his counselor yet, he has only been in delano for about a month.. He also said that he can in fact sit out the remainder of his sentance in delano, which I would think to be unfair if it is true that he cannot recieve the additional 2 for 1 credits till he gets sent out.. Since the process is so lengthy and since it takes them a while to find space for the inmate. Which is out of the inmates control.. So I would think that in fact what I read is true, that he IS entitled to those credits while he is in reception... Can you tell me how you were able to get the credits applied? And who you had to speak to or email? And did you do that AFTER he seen his counselor and was classified? Is the 2 for 1 something that is brought up and officially applied once classified? I'm sorry I have so many questions.. I'm looking into all that I can right now and on the nights I can't sleep... Just so I can help him from out here since he seems to be getting no information inside at all..
The Following User Says Thank You to Veesoto For This Useful Post:
JCMiller (02-15-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veesoto View Post
So on top of him getting 50% going, he's also getting 2 for 1? And he's in delano? Mm fiance is there as well and hasent seen a counselor yet. It's hard to get info or to know what to ask. Since they don't like to give any info. Did they send him to a main yard? Or is r going to get released from reception? Thank u so much for replying. I appreciate the info
He was only in Delano 100 days then moved to SATF and yes he was sentenced 50% and got 2 for 1 time so that was awesome I'm glad this is almost over. Once he sees his counseler he will get his Erpd date and find out what other programs he's eligible for like milestones or 2 for 1
The Following User Says Thank You to StaceBo For This Useful Post:
JCMiller (02-15-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceBo View Post
He was only in Delano 100 days then moved to SATF and yes he was sentenced 50% and got 2 for 1 time so that was awesome I'm glad this is almost over. Once he sees his counseler he will get his Erpd date and find out what other programs he's eligible for like milestones or 2 for 1
How long after he was classified did he get sent? And did they tell him 2 for 1 was going to include reception time to get his new eprd? I'm sorry I just would like to know what to tell him. Thank u
The Following User Says Thank You to Veesoto For This Useful Post:
JCMiller (02-15-2016)