Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:03 PM

Question 115 for Refusing/Tampering with UA

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering what can be done, if anything if an inmate is issued a 115 for tampering/refusing a drug test.

He did not refuse the drug test, the test actually came out clean. Too clean apparently, and they are saying he tried flushing his system by drinking to much water and calling it "tampering". He was only one among more than a dozen inmates issued a write up for this. They are saying his creatine level is to low which indicates an attempt to flush out his system. This is at a facility that can reach 120 degrees, with absolutely no I feel like its a violation of basic human rights to try to regulate how much water they can drink, especially in that kind of climate.

He and some of the other inmates have already been found guilty and their visits taken for 3 months.

Is there anything we (wives, gf's, family members etc) can do from out here? The group of guys involved are submitting 602's already but was wondering if we can help.

Any info/guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue310 View Post
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering what can be done, if anything if an inmate is issued a 115 for tampering/refusing a drug test.

He did not refuse the drug test, the test actually came out clean. Too clean apparently, and they are saying he tried flushing his system by drinking to much water and calling it "tampering". He was only one among more than a dozen inmates issued a write up for this. They are saying his creatine level is to low which indicates an attempt to flush out his system. This is at a facility that can reach 120 degrees, with absolutely no I feel like its a violation of basic human rights to try to regulate how much water they can drink, especially in that kind of climate.

He and some of the other inmates have already been found guilty and their visits taken for 3 months.

Is there anything we (wives, gf's, family members etc) can do from out here? The group of guys involved are submitting 602's already but was wondering if we can help.

Any info/guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I'm sorry to hear that. It just seems like they just make their own rules as they go along. All I know is that CDCR uses Labcorp for these UAs. In a different setting let's say a pre employment drug screening using the same kind of testing procedure...when found with low creatinine levels, employers are given the option to retest or consider it a negative. It's quite unfair since we all know our guys don't have too many options on what to drink (except during visit) for them to be written up for this is absolutely crazy!
Make some noise and hopefully you will be heard!
The Following User Says Thank You to candee80 For This Useful Post:
trueblue310 (01-14-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 06:20 PM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

***Rollin up my sleeves**** Class is in session.....

Contact the associate warden and ask what is the method to determine foul play during a random urine test. The protocol is that they have to give you a warning three hours before the test. Quite naturally some inmates will drink plenty of water to ensure that they can even use the bathroom when that time comes. He didn't refuse to take the test and he passed therefore his visits should be restored and not taken away based on a personal opinion. The only way that they can take them away is test that comes out positive or a refusal to test. Having a low level of blood creatinine indicates nothing more than an efficient and effective pair of kidneys nothing more or less. Severe, excess water intake is an uncommon cause of low blood creatinine, because the water dilutes the concentration of all substances in the bloodstream. Some medications may interfere with certain methods used to measure blood creatinine, potentially causing an erroneously low reading. My love one is at calipat so I know the business with the high degrees during the summer.

Nail them girl. Hit them with knowledge because they think we have none. And in the meantime have him to 602. Act now and don't wait another minute. I hope this helps. Good Luck.

Last edited by pj663; 01-13-2016 at 06:24 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pj663 For This Useful Post:
AnarchyHeart (01-14-2016), miamac (01-13-2016), nimuay (01-13-2016), trueblue310 (01-14-2016)
Old 01-14-2016, 11:25 AM

Thank you both for you help!

My husband called me last night and said the lieutenant has told them they are tossing them out and chronos are being typed up dismissing the charges.

THANK GOD! Needless to say, I can't stand Calipat! lol
The Following User Says Thank You to trueblue310 For This Useful Post:
pj663 (01-14-2016)