Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Washington County Detention, Akron CO

Washington County Justice Center http://co.washington.co.us/Elected_O...ls/justice.htm
The Washington County Justice Center is operated for the pre-trial detention of adults awaiting trial in the courts of Washington County and as a sentencing option as authorized by Colorado Statutes. It is the mission of the justice center staff to provide access to the legal system for those inmates and to provide secure housing for those inmates. The justice center shall be operated in an atmosphere conducive to rehabilitation and within the provisions of statutory, constitutional and case law mandates. The justice center shall be operated with respect for the safety of the staff, the public and inmates.
ADDRESS:
26861 HWY 34
Akron, Colorado 80720
TELEPHONE: 970-345-6865
FAX: 970-345-2419
Old 07-30-2013, 09:22 PM

Default Washington county

Boy is that ever a joke! They house 36 inmates in a 12 man pod, have no acsess to any law library, and the gym is a cell with pull up bars in in! Inmates are in their pod always sun shine is piped into them and a two year old wouldn't fill up on the portions grown men receive! Some mission statement! Peace!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:24 PM

Default Washington county

I forgot, they house Federal and State inmates, mostly parole violators. They already have their sentences. peace!
Old 08-15-2013, 05:05 AM
nineironninja

Ummm...that was posted 6 years ago, things were probably much different then.

why go back to prison when i have this to enjoy out here? Low & Slow
Old 02-12-2014, 06:04 PM

Do they get phone calls here? If so, does anyone know what service I use to put money on my phone for him to call me. All I've been told is to deposit on mycarepacks.com for a smart deposit on his acct & buy him commissary, but all I'm getting is stuff about mail and no answers about phone calls.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:22 AM

Thought I'd post what I know so if others need info, the telephone service is securustech.net and you can put money on inmate books & order them commissary at mycarepacks.com.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:59 PM

Hello, my boyfriend violated his probation and got sent to this place in Akron. I was wondering if anyone else's LO is or has been here? My boyfriend told me how overcrowded it is and the sack lunches aren't so great but he just has a few more months to go.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc0326 View Post
Hello, my boyfriend violated his probation and got sent to this place in Akron. I was wondering if anyone else's LO is or has been here? My boyfriend told me how overcrowded it is and the sack lunches aren't so great but he just has a few more months to go.
My son was there for a few weeks on parole violation, he was there until picked up by DOC.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
My son was there for a few weeks on parole violation, he was there until picked up by DOC.
Yes so is my loved one from a parole violation, he's federal so he's been waiting for a transfer I think the overcrowding is getting to him but he's not saying too much about it, I know him well enough when he seems irritated about where he's at but I was wondering if anyone knew any info about the place