Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:23 AM

Default Transfer Frustrations

So my LO had been transferred from USP Canaan to USP Big Sandy for his protection (I don't really know the whole story as to why but I believe it was because he would not engage in fighting). Well he wasn't even at Big Sandy for 24 hours and was already put into the SHU for the same reason, he has been in there since March 16, I'm assuming waiting to be transferred yet again. My concern is that he will just continue to go from SHU to SHU......Needless to say this is putting a strain on him and our relationship as we barely have any contact now, haven't even gotten a phone call in almost 2 months. I feel helpless in this situation Sorry totally just venting, but Has anyone had a similar experience?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,767 Times in 10,132 Posts

I'm sorry that he can't stay out of trouble and/or the SHU. It is also not uncommon for inmates who leave one prison from the SHU, but who are then put back into the SHU for further punishment at the new prison.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:27 AM

Well now he is at USP Atlanta....again....So I'm guessing he is waiting to be transferred to another prison, let's just hope the outcome is better this time. He sure is travelling a lot this year...
The Following User Says Thank You to lolo21216 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-12-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 08:52 AM

Transfer frustrations continue.....*sigh* Still at Atlanta unfortunately, but I was lucky enough to get a call from him this past Saturday night, he said he would call again the following day, but I haven't heard from him since. Last time he was in Atlanta he got a job cleaning and was able to call me daily. Guessing he didn't get lucky this time or they are on LD. When I did speak to him he said he would be headed to Virginia, so I'm guessing that's USP Lee. But for now back to waiting and being patient....dreaming of his release date lol
fbopnomore (05-19-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 05:44 AM

The BOP continues to test my patience.....he is now at USP Lee, already in the SHU, so I'm assuming he will be there for another month or so waiting to transfer yet again. I sent him a letter, hopefully he will have stamps to reply. I'm guessing there is nothing I can do to help the situation ?
Old 06-05-2017, 07:15 PM

My husband is at Usp Atlanta been for a few weeks now waiting transfer came from west coast no calls or emails they on lockdown again
Old 06-05-2017, 08:43 PM

Although in Melbourne, Australia myself I can too vent my frustration at the continual amounts my boyfriend has been transferred since he was sentenced to nine months in the middle of March this year. He has already been moved up to seven times and sometimes back and forth to the same location. We are still in contact but just frustrated as it affects and limits visits due to this.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:14 AM

My guy is in the SHU right now waiting to transfer, yet again, the lack of communication is the worst! and all the transferring around makes visiting impossible *sigh*
Old 06-06-2017, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou's wife View Post
My husband is at Usp Atlanta been for a few weeks now waiting transfer came from west coast no calls or emails they on lockdown again
I hope your husband transfers soon! From what my guy told me he said making calls at USP Atlanta is really hard, the only time he was able to call was if he got a job that allowed him out of his cell.
fbopnomore (06-06-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 05:00 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 16,767 Times in 10,132 Posts

The entire Atlanta holdover part of the prison is equivalent to the shu anywhere else, and then there is the Atlanta shu (which I luckily avoided). The only decent thing about the place is if he can leave quickly.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo21216 View Post
I hope your husband transfers soon! From what my guy told me he said making calls at USP Atlanta is really hard, the only time he was able to call was if he got a job that allowed him out of his cell.
I got to visit 2 days one weekend no calls then the next 2 weeks I went for 3days then he was transferred from shu to transit which he should of been placed in the beginning once he got their they said he had a separation from when he previous was there they placed him in shu same day only thing I was able to visit the next day it every other week there when he went to transit he was able to call daily for 5 days then it stopped he still there I call daily to see if lockdown is up bc he get a visit this week only thing in transit and the shu the visits are 1 hour but I got full days the 1st weekend bc no body else came but they had a protest new warden and everybody cell got changed and they off the chain with everything else in their so all who protest went to shu and got shipped out so he got moved to another pod Thankful bc he was able to email in call 2hrs on wkends 4hrs weekdays praying he get moved asasp so we can get a normal visit the monitor you can barely see each other..
Old 06-07-2017, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou's wife View Post
I got to visit 2 days one weekend no calls then the next 2 weeks I went for 3days then he was transferred from shu to transit which he should of been placed in the beginning once he got their they said he had a separation from when he previous was there they placed him in shu same day only thing I was able to visit the next day it every other week there when he went to transit he was able to call daily for 5 days then it stopped he still there I call daily to see if lockdown is up bc he get a visit this week only thing in transit and the shu the visits are 1 hour but I got full days the 1st weekend bc no body else came but they had a protest new warden and everybody cell got changed and they off the chain with everything else in their so all who protest went to shu and got shipped out so he got moved to another pod Thankful bc he was able to email in call 2hrs on wkends 4hrs weekdays praying he get moved asasp so we can get a normal visit the monitor you can barely see each other..
yeah I'm hoping the same for you! Does he know where he is transferring to? Sometimes the case manager tells them, at least that was the case with my guy he knew where he was headed while waiting in Atlanta.