Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:06 PM

Default Self-surrendering to FCI Ashland, need info

Just got my letter, I am to report to FCI Ashland in Kentucky to serve a 24 month sentence. The letter didn't specify the low security prison or camp so I'm not sure which I'll be going to. Looking for some up to date info, especially first hand experiences. All info is welcome but I wanted to focus on a few things:

Anyone know the current air conditioner situation? I hear the prison is slowly implementing AC in the dorms but I'm wondering if they are 1/4 way, 1/2way, 3/4 way or 100% completed with it.

Shower/toilets: are there stalls for these? I'm seriously hoping for at least a LITTLE privacy in the showers.

Anyone know what my chances are of going straight into the camp?

Those are a fewconcerns of mine. Again, I'll take any info I can get.

Thanks in advance,
Jesse
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2017, 12:38 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,196 Times in 10,380 Posts

Being allowed to self surrender on a 24 month sentence probably means you will be assigned to the minimum security camp, but you won't know for sure until you arrive. 1000 inmates in the FCI, but only 220 in the camp.

Here is the custody points program statement so you can do your own computation using the form that appears near the end of the document. Be sure to ask your unit team for a copy of your actual custody score that will be prepared by the bop designation office in Texas, and compare.
https://www.bop.gov/policy/progstat/5100_008.pdf
Old 05-31-2017, 01:44 AM

When I was at Sheridan camp, you had stalls and private showers. So in that area you may be afforded a little privacy.