Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:47 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,203 Times in 2,544 Posts
Default Federal half-way-homes/Community Corrections/RRC

The BOP's website has a section dedicated to half-way-houses aka community corrections/residential re-entry.

Community Corrections

Community Corrections FAQs

RRC Contract Providers
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 01:57 PM

Has there been any updates to this list? I called one in Va and the one for SC. The telephone for VA was associated with someone that is not affiliated with the HWH program and mentioned that she receives those calls often and the location in SC was disconnected.
TRUE CONQUERS ALL
Old 04-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,767 Times in 11,569 Posts

Here's the current 8 page list (page #s at the bottom) of bop half way house contracts. No phone numbers, just the name and city of each HWH, but you can find the other information online.
http://www.bop.gov/business/RRC_directory.pdf
Old 05-05-2013, 09:38 AM

Awesome! Thank You so much!
TRUE CONQUERS ALL
The Following User Says Thank You to one4blackberry For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-05-2013)
Old 01-09-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one4blackberry View Post
Awesome! Thank You so much!
Can someone update these links? None work
Old 01-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

The bop updated their web page recently and many links died as a result. Here's the current HWH list (9 pages).
http://www.bop.gov/business/rrc_directory.jsp

the Community Corrections Manual program statement
http://www.bop.gov/policy/progstat/7300_009.pdf

I couldn't find the FAQ
Old 01-28-2015, 12:12 PM

Hello all,

I need to know the name of the person in NC that can get my son out of USP in Cali to his home state of NC, and into a Halfway House? He was sentenced out of Raleigh NC. (Feds) His points have gone down? He Hasn't had a visit in 3 years because of distance. His scheduled release date is 6/2015 and he is being told there is no housing availability but I know that isn't correct I know for a fact this place (Baanum Halfway house of Wilmington NC.) has availability. Please tell me who can help. I was given a Butner number from the FBOP, but no one to speak with. Help any information will be appreciated! I am feeling exhausted trying to find the person that can help!!!!! Thank You

Last edited by cherylk43_8; 01-28-2015 at 12:14 PM..
Old 01-28-2015, 01:28 PM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

His case manager in the CA USP will send his half way house application to the closest one to where he will be released, which should be in the judicial district in NC where he was sentenced. If that isn't happening, he can file an inmate grievance. His chances should be much better if you can get confirmation from Baanum Halfway house of Wilmington NC that they do have an available bed for him. Be sure to find out if they take bop prisoners with his actual charges too.

The bop could send him there now, up to one year before his end of sentence date, but it is completely up to them (the warden of the prison where he is now) when, and even if that will happen.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:35 AM

Does anyone happen to know how they determine how much time the defendant does in the halfway house? It was my understanding that it was atleast 6 months or 10% of your sentence, dependant on your good time of course. A good friend of mine is coming up on what should be his release to the halfway house and his case worker just gave him his out date and it is only 60 days in the halfway house and he has not had any write up in almost 2 years. How do we fight this because he is going to need longer than 60 days just to get settled in the Vegas halfway house, get his birth certificate and social security card so he can get his license / NV ID again and then the necessary cards that are required to work in Clark Co / NV, in the union here so he doesnt even have a fair chance to be able to hardly start work and save a few dollars so he could even get his own place before he would have to be out of the halfway house. I am open to hear any advice.....
Old 09-18-2015, 09:09 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

The amount of half way house time is determined by his case manager, and the current bop policy. The second chance act allows up to one full year, but it is totally up to the discretion of the bop. Prior to the SCA, HWH was limited to 10% of a sentence, with a maximum of 6 months, and very few prisoners get more than that today..

He can file a cop out, or an inmate grievance asking for more HWH time, but getting them to change is very unlikely.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:02 PM

Thanks for the info, I will let him know
fbopnomore (09-19-2015)
Old 11-05-2015, 11:16 PM

My son Drew is headed to a 1/2 house in Charlotte, NC after just over 8 years in Butner federal prison. I can't believe that the time has come for him to leave prison it had come fast yet it has so long. You know what I mean? I don't know much about the 1/2 way house, do they get any real help there? I saw on BOP they do now give them transportation help and possible job assistance to find employment. It doesn't sound like much but perhaps better than nothing. My son would get more assistance from family if they just sent him home. Crazy and he has to pay 25% of what he earns to live there? WOW. But I suppose its better than prison so he'll live through it for 3 1/2 months. Thanks for all the support I found here in the early years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drew's Mom For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-06-2015)
Old 11-06-2015, 04:26 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,729 Times in 808 Posts

My husband is due for release to HWH in less than 2 weeks. I have spoken to his PO who has assured me he will be there for my husband, helping him do all the paperwork he needs to do and helping him get any services available. I saw, in the news, the Feds hosted a job fair at the federal courthouse in Boston. Social service agencies and prospective employers were there to meet with current and prior releases from the FBOP. I have no idea how far this help will go past the headlines but at least they seem to be trying. I was thinking that with this recent large scale release of low level offenders that this is a good time for our loved ones. They have hired more federal POs, added help and maybe they will even get a faster turn around in HWH for those who have family support.
The Following User Says Thank You to shs76 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-06-2015)
Old 11-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

This undated (as of today anyway) 22 page list of Half way house contracts on the bop web page should be current as of November 2015.
http://www.bop.gov/about/facilities/...nt_centers.jsp
Old 11-10-2015, 06:56 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,968 Times in 1,324 Posts

SHS76 Boston has a good PO office and it is an enlightened blue state as you know. I think a number of states adopting the ban the box meaning no questions about past criminal activities in applications will help with employment.

Everyone in the halfway house will have a job, maybe not the best job but a way to rebuild their future. I think your family has an opportunity to reach out in the community, through church, neighbors, family and friends to help your husband get re-established. you can even join the Massachusetts PTO forum and see what leads you can get on there. Congratulations on his homecoming.
The Following User Says Thank You to bellisq For This Useful Post:
shs76 (11-11-2015)
Old 12-06-2015, 11:57 PM

Question Salinas, Ca.

Hi!
Anyone have experience with the Salinas, California BOP halfway house? Please email me directly is so. TIA

email address removed per pto policy, use the private message system

Last edited by fbopnomore; 12-07-2015 at 10:05 AM..
Old 04-23-2016, 05:32 AM

Hey everyone my name is Noelz and I am from Australia. About two weeks ago on a Friday my fiancée told me he was being moved to a halfway house. He told me he would let me know where he was and would give me all his contact details. I checked the fbop website and he is listed as being at RRM Houston which is a Residential Reentry Management office in Houston so I guess he is in Houston. While he was in prison we wrote every week and spoke on the phone every second day. I have not heard from him now in two weeks. My logical side is telling me he is probably settling in but I don't know how this whole process works. Should I be worried. I have emailed the office but as yet got no reply. Does it take a while to get sorted once you arrive. I am just worried about and miss him, it is not like him to not contact me unless there is an issue, Like I said all I know is that he is listed as being at RRM Houston. Anyone who can offer me advice guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:24 PM

Has anyone had someone to go to gaston county work release in NC wondering what to expect.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:00 PM

Default Which one is he going too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccready16 View Post
Has anyone had someone to go to gaston county work release in NC wondering what to expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew's Mom View Post
My son Drew is headed to a 1/2 house in Charlotte, NC after just over 8 years in Butner federal prison. I can't believe that the time has come for him to leave prison it had come fast yet it has so long. You know what I mean? I don't know much about the 1/2 way house, do they get any real help there? I saw on BOP they do now give them transportation help and possible job assistance to find employment. It doesn't sound like much but perhaps better than nothing. My son would get more assistance from family if they just sent him home. Crazy and he has to pay 25% of what he earns to live there? WOW. But I suppose its better than prison so he'll live through it for 3 1/2 months. Thanks for all the support I found here in the early years.
Do u know which halfway he's going into in charlotte? My husband is going to one as well in less than a month.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:26 PM

Hello everyone I have recently heard from my fiance and found he is at Smith county jail in Tyler Texas. As I am in Australia and it is hard to get any info apart from when he calls, emails or snail mails me. If anyone could share with me what they know about this facility and any experiences they have had with their loved one in here. I would very much appreciate it. I would love to hear your expereriences and stories you are comfortable sharing with me either here or you can private message me. I will answer anyone who helps me out and express my sincere gratitude in advance. Thank you all and have a great day.
The Following User Says Thank You to noelz07 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-02-2016)
Old 05-12-2017, 04:46 PM

Default halfway house protocol?

I have been scouring the forums and all over the internet trying to find info on the San Francisco alway house. I have so many questions, no one there will answer the phone, EVER, and the BOP told my husband nothing before he left for the HWH. So, does anyone know the answers to any of these questions?

- Can I send him a few changes of clothes/personal belongings? He arrived with just the clothes he was wearing from prison. Is he supposed to just wear those indefinitely?
- What is the visitation like?
- Can he receive mail there?

Any info would be MUCH appreciated. I am an excellent researcher and even I'm stumped.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:53 AM
Site Moderator

Donation Award 

Yes he will receive mail, and have visitation hours/days just like in prison. He will be allowed to receive clothes from home, and/or get a shopping pass. He will have access to a telephone too.

You can try writing to the HWH and requesting a copy of the "resident's" handbook. Some will send you one, others won't, but he will receive one when he arrives. Expect a 72 hour lockdown when he first arrives at the HWH.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:43 PM

Default Diersen Charities

Do anyone have anyone into on diersen halfway house...My husband will be there in a couple of months..Any info is appreciated..Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Ainttee For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-04-2017)