Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Central California Women's Facility located in Chowchilla, California.

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 08:50 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,077 Times in 12,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E74 View Post
Hello newbie here, I been able to get in touch with
My friend that's in CCWF, still in reception.
Last letter she mentioned that she needed
envelopes/paper. I know I can send 40, but how do I
send then exactly (package wise)?

I have send stamps too, and so far she's
Getting then, in about 10-14 days.

Thank You For The Help!!!

I used to send paper in a large (not padded) envelope. I also removed the clasp before mailing, and wrote on the outside back of the envelope what I put in the envelope.
EX:
2 page letter to inmate,
one book of forever stamps (would also write cdc # someplace on the booklet)
40 sheets of blank paper
mailed 11-9-12

That's my dog's nose art

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 AM

Question

I am new to this and may be doing something wrong, but I don't understand the mail system. I started writing to a woman in CCWF a few months ago. She wrote back and it takes her letters about 3 to 5 days at most to get here from when they are post marked. I have sent her 5 letters in the last month and received no reply. I had asked her in one letter to check the post date on mine to see how long it took her to get them. It took from 14 to 18 days from the post date on the ones she has received and none have been returned. How can it take that long for mine to get there and just 3 to 4 days for hers to get here? Now she thinks I am not answering her letters and I have a log that I keep and there are 5 letters that I mailed from up to a month ago and it would seem she hasn't receive them as I have never received any answer from her.

Thanks,

Ron79
Old 12-17-2012, 03:32 PM
VSP Free Staff
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron79 View Post
I am new to this and may be doing something wrong, but I don't understand the mail system. I started writing to a woman in CCWF a few months ago. She wrote back and it takes her letters about 3 to 5 days at most to get here from when they are post marked. I have sent her 5 letters in the last month and received no reply. I had asked her in one letter to check the post date on mine to see how long it took her to get them. It took from 14 to 18 days from the post date on the ones she has received and none have been returned. How can it take that long for mine to get there and just 3 to 4 days for hers to get here? Now she thinks I am not answering her letters and I have a log that I keep and there are 5 letters that I mailed from up to a month ago and it would seem she hasn't receive them as I have never received any answer from her.

Thanks,

Ron79
Hi Ron79, incoming letters have to be individually examined by hand to screen for contraband. The mail room at most prisons is woefully undermanned these days, so mail just piles up. Eventually, it will arrive to the intended recipient.

Some baddies hide heroin in the glue section of the envelope, LSD is poured onto certain drawings or stamps, etc. You get the picture...

Outgoing mail isn't screened so heavily, so her letters arrive faster.

HTH,

WyreNut

Last edited by WyreNut; 12-17-2012 at 03:33 PM..
Old 12-18-2012, 08:56 AM

Thank you for the answer. I was beginning to wonder what I was doing wrong but since none of the letters have been returned I thought they must be at least getting there. Our postal system here isn't a lot better. Lay everyone off and then wonder why people don't use the post office more than they do.

Ron
Closed Thread