Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Central California Women's Facility located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:30 PM
My Love My Life My Hubby

Default Visits in Reception? 90 days before can call? On multiple visit lists?

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on visiting an inmate who is in reception. Also is it 90 days before they can get a phone call? I have sent all the mail supplies for her to write, the only thing I was wondering about is ink pens, are there some type of clear ones you can send. Lastly, unfortunately I am approved at three other CDCR facilities for friends and family, does the approval go by prison still or does it apply to all of them if you are already in the system approved? Thanks

Just being me! J
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2016, 08:28 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,094 Times in 12,926 Posts

Hi Jazzygirljs.
Not sure if its the same for the women as it is for men, but my hub couldnt use the phone while he was in reception.
You can visit but its behind glass (no contact)
I think you can visit if you are already an approved visitor.

(again, this was what it was like for my hub. Not sure if its the same for women)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Jazzygirljs (03-04-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 11:56 AM

I have a penpal that I started writing to while she was in a county jail and then was transferred to Chowchilla.

During her time in reception any visits would have been "non contact".

Rules on phone calls were a bit vague. Apparently, the "official" rule is that the inmates in reception are not allowed phone calls. But at least some inmates in reception are allowed to 'earn' an occasional phone call by working or ???

Job assignments are very hard to come by while in reception so most don't get an "official" job, which would earn them access to the phone. But I got the impression from what my penpal told me that they could just pitch in and help out, such as in cleaning the chow hall, and this would be recognized and rewarded.

HOWEVER: I also believe that there is inappropriate behavior included in this between the COs and inmates. My penpal also told me that the COs would give her things like perfume and candy. She happens to be a very nice looking young woman, so I suspect that less attractive women might not get the same results.

Regarding pens: Do NOT send her a pen while she is in reception! I tried once and the entire package was lost. While the official rules indicates that a clear pen could be sent via mail, in a later section it also says that while in reception an inmate cannot receive such items. Note that this was in a very large official legal document. The shorter, user friendly "guides" don't mention pens at all.

My penpal advised me to NOT send her a pen at all via the mail. I send her stamps, envelopes and stationary, but not pens.

If you have a desire to visit your inmate you should start the process of getting approved. The first step must be taken by the inmate. She must request the visitation approval form. She fills out her section and then sends it to you. You will then fill out your section and then mail it to the indicated address (to the prison, NOT back to the inmate). The CDRC will run background checks on you and decide to approve you or not. If approved, the notice will be sent to the inmate, and then she can let you know that you have been approved (you won't get any official response directly from the prison system).

Expect the process to take 6 to 8 weeks.

Once you have been approved you will then need make a reservation to visit using the "VPASS" system.

R. Mc.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:59 PM
My Love My Life My Hubby

Default Reception

Thank you! I called and for reception you don't need to go through VPASS, they only get visits on Sunday between 10-12. I am approved in three other prisons so that part won't be a factor. My problem is, we haven't received any mail from my daughter no visiting form or anything. I have sent the paper stamps and envelopes, so I am pretty bummed about that, especially since she hasn't sent the visiting form. I wish it was statewide instead of by prison if that was the case I could just show up for my visit but I am afraid they won't see me on her list and send me home, and it is over 400 miles to go. Thank you for all the information, I totally appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc50 View Post
I have a penpal that I started writing to while she was in a county jail and then was transferred to Chowchilla.

During her time in reception any visits would have been "non contact".

Rules on phone calls were a bit vague. Apparently, the "official" rule is that the inmates in reception are not allowed phone calls. But at least some inmates in reception are allowed to 'earn' an occasional phone call by working or ???

Job assignments are very hard to come by while in reception so most don't get an "official" job, which would earn them access to the phone. But I got the impression from what my penpal told me that they could just pitch in and help out, such as in cleaning the chow hall, and this would be recognized and rewarded.

HOWEVER: I also believe that there is inappropriate behavior included in this between the COs and inmates. My penpal also told me that the COs would give her things like perfume and candy. She happens to be a very nice looking young woman, so I suspect that less attractive women might not get the same results.

Regarding pens: Do NOT send her a pen while she is in reception! I tried once and the entire package was lost. While the official rules indicates that a clear pen could be sent via mail, in a later section it also says that while in reception an inmate cannot receive such items. Note that this was in a very large official legal document. The shorter, user friendly "guides" don't mention pens at all.

My penpal advised me to NOT send her a pen at all via the mail. I send her stamps, envelopes and stationary, but not pens.

If you have a desire to visit your inmate you should start the process of getting approved. The first step must be taken by the inmate. She must request the visitation approval form. She fills out her section and then sends it to you. You will then fill out your section and then mail it to the indicated address (to the prison, NOT back to the inmate). The CDRC will run background checks on you and decide to approve you or not. If approved, the notice will be sent to the inmate, and then she can let you know that you have been approved (you won't get any official response directly from the prison system).

Expect the process to take 6 to 8 weeks.

Once you have been approved you will then need make a reservation to visit using the "VPASS" system.

R. Mc.

Just being me! J
Old 03-08-2016, 07:06 AM

Donation Award 

You might try calling again and asking about visiting her. I cant for the life of me remember if you need her to fill out the form or not if you are already approved.
(guessing she would need to say that yes, she wants a visit from you........)

Have you rec'd any mail from her yet?
Reception mail seems to be horribly slow to get to them.
Mail from them seems pretty ok on how fast they can get it outside the walls.

I hope you have heard from her by now. Its so frustrating when you dont know what is going on.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Jazzygirljs (04-12-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 08:53 PM
My Love My Life My Hubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
You might try calling again and asking about visiting her. I cant for the life of me remember if you need her to fill out the form or not if you are already approved.
(guessing she would need to say that yes, she wants a visit from you........)

Have you rec'd any mail from her yet?
Reception mail seems to be horribly slow to get to them.
Mail from them seems pretty ok on how fast they can get it outside the walls.

I hope you have heard from her by now. Its so frustrating when you dont know what is going on.
Do you know if there is a new list with updated email and telephone numbers on it? I seem to have more luck when I email visiting Sgt' or Lt's. Thanks

Just being me! J
Old 04-17-2016, 09:18 AM

Donation Award 

This is all I have
straight from cdcr
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Facilities_Locator/CCWF.html
Lemme dig a bit more.

That's my dog's nose art