Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Central California Women's Facility located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,050 Posts
Default CCWF-Welcome/Mini Intro's

Welcome to the Central California Women's Facility-Chowchilla (CCWF). We would like to extend our most heart felt welcome to all of our guests that are viewing here, and of course all of PTO. We are here to lend you our support and share our knowledge with you. PTO comes to you without obligation and our only request of you is that you share your knowledge with us whenever possible. Once you register here at PTO please feel free to PM myself or any of our team at anytime. We are all at the ready to help you in any way we can. We will all be waiting for your first post.

With that said, I thought we could take some time and all introduce ourselves and tell a little about us and why we are on PTO. I know there are quite a few newcomers and a lot of veterans. So what better way to get to know one another than a mini intro thread.

I'll go first:

Hi, I'm Brandy, one of PTO's California Moderators. My hubby is at LAC. We recently got married, and we have a wonderful son who is 6. My hubby has a life sentence under the three strike law, non violet crime. PTO has been a very great blessing for me, everyone here is like my second family, I don't know what I would do without everyone.

Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Last edited by Brandy; 11-18-2010 at 07:33 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 05:42 AM

Post Hi!

I'm James,

I found and use PTO to keep up with current facility issues.

I have two PenPals (PP)

We exchange letters often, they look forward to my letters.

I'm glad to bring a bright spot to their day.

James

Last edited by jalberalpt; 11-11-2010 at 05:43 AM..
Old 12-07-2010, 06:36 PM

Hi my name is Todd and I just found out that my girlfriend was transferred to CCWF today from Lynwood. At least I got to see her on Saturday and Sunday and she also called me yesterday saying she was being transferred from the med ward to GP, but obviously that is not true as she was transferred out today. She got sentenced for 3 years but the judge said she will only be doing 50% / 1.5 years. I love her so much and I am sad and depressed over this. I promised her I would write her every week and I will. I miss her! And I know it can take about 30-60 days to be approved for visiting once I get the form and send it back. It's going to seem like an eternity before I get to see her beautiful face again.

Last edited by toadyy; 12-07-2010 at 06:41 PM..
Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 PM

Default My name is Amala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
Welcome to the Central California Women's Facility-Chowchilla (CCWF). We would like to extend our most heart felt welcome to all of our guests that are viewing here, and of course all of PTO. We are here to lend you our support and share our knowledge with you. PTO comes to you without obligation and our only request of you is that you share your knowledge with us whenever possible. Once you register here at PTO please feel free to PM myself or any of our team at anytime. We are all at the ready to help you in any way we can. We will all be waiting for your first post.

With that said, I thought we could take some time and all introduce ourselves and tell a little about us and why we are on PTO. I know there are quite a few newcomers and a lot of veterans. So what better way to get to know one another than a mini intro thread.

I'll go first:

Hi, I'm Brandy, one of PTO's California Moderators. My hubby is at LAC. We recently got married, and we have a wonderful son who is 6. My hubby has a life sentence under the three strike law, non violet crime. PTO has been a very great blessing for me, everyone here is like my second family, I don't know what I would do without everyone.

Look forward to getting to know everyone.
Hi, i am very very new- my daughter is in chowchilla- where do i go from here? what do i do? how do i see her? ....
Old 09-29-2012, 02:27 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,557 Times in 711 Posts
Default Where do you go from here

Quote:
Originally Posted by amala View Post
Hi, i am very very new- my daughter is in chowchilla- where do i go from here? what do i do? how do i see her? ....
Hi my name is Mike and my wife is at Chowchilla. She has been there in reception since July 11th. Im told by her counselor that it normally takes 90 days to get moved out. You can write for now, but your daughter will need to obtain a visitation form, sign it and send it to you for you to complete. when I say complete, do not leave anything out. The normal process is about 60-90 days for approval to visit. You may get lucky, so get your form from your daughter and get it submitted asap. !!! Good luck and keep visiting this site. You can get alot of your questions answered and even make a friend or two.

Keep Praying !!! MIke
Old 03-18-2013, 01:30 PM

Hi. I'm Tom. I was watching a TV program about a murder, and their portrayal of this young woman that was involved didn't seem to add up. I did some research on the internet about her case and felt that she had gotten a raw deal and was very much a victim herself. I still had this case on my mind when I was in a Bible study on the book of Matthew and my pastor asked how many of us visit the sick or those in prison. I decided to write to this woman and offer my sympathy for what she had been put through and ask her if there was anything I could do for her. I wasn't even expecting a reply, but she did write back and our correspondence blossomed into a close friendship. She's on year 12 of a 15-to-life sentence in CCWF. We write each other almost every day and she calls me weekly. I love her more than anything! She is my best friend and the love of my life!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomcres For This Useful Post:
nikki796 (05-05-2016), RFlaggNY (07-28-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:41 AM

Does anyone have any info on what it is like in CCWF SHU?
Old 12-15-2013, 11:10 PM

Default SO's at CCWF

Does anyone know where SO's are housed at ccwf? Are they put in ad seg or shu or put in GP? I am looking at doing 6 years and surrendering myself in February. Any information on the process at CCWF would be appreciated.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Donation Award 

Default where housed

My son is housed across the street. If you tell me what an SO is I can asked my son maybe he can help. If womens is built similar to mens they are all 8 men cells containing max of six men. But hopefully womens is better. Of course you can try and get ahold of the prison by phone but writing them would get you an answer maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwere View Post
Does anyone know where SO's are housed at ccwf? Are they put in ad seg or shu or put in GP? I am looking at doing 6 years and surrendering myself in February. Any information on the process at CCWF would be appreciated.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:18 AM

I'm Angela and I'm new here..my BFF just arrived at Chowchilla..
Old 01-28-2016, 09:05 AM

Default Grandchildren visiting

Hello, I was hoping I could find someone that is in Carswell, Texas, that could tell me if grandchildren are allowed to come visit. I will be surrendering to Carswell in March and would very much for my two granddaughters, 3 and 18 months, to be able to come visit.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:16 PM
My Love My Life My Hubby

Default My baby girl just arrived

Hi All,
I am here as my 23 year old daughter just arrived for her first and I hope last stint in prison. My heart is broken but I am here to support her.

Just being me! J
Old 09-02-2017, 09:26 AM

Hi,

I've got a Penpal on D Yard serving until 2021. I hear its quite rough I'm just here to get some more information on how the facility works.

Last edited by Roumelio; 09-02-2017 at 09:39 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Roumelio For This Useful Post:
missingdee (09-06-2017)