Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Central California Women's Facility located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:53 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,659 Times in 1,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doinaight View Post
My post was really for the OP as maybe he is not as informed as you and I about what go on in prison. My mom who was sending me money was naive and thought that there weren't drugs in prison. Who knows i guess she never watches TV lol. She would have been very disappointed if she thought i was buying drugs with her money. It seems you didnt mind and thats cool. But if the OP does mind or MWI incarcerated(its prob in the post but i cant remember it all) he might not know what his money is being used for. I would send money to someone and have no qualms what they are using it for, but other people might not feel that way. For instance i would send money to a friend and not care but i might not send money to a gf if thought that money was being used for drugs for the simple fact that I was a drug addict and I can not live with someone who when released might continue to use drugs. I guess that might be somewhat selfish but i can't plan on living with someone who would or could negatively influence my sobriety. I have come a long way in the two years i have been out and I don't need to loose that all. By some of the things he asks in the original post it seems he might not be so familiar with prison culture so i was just giving him a head up that his money might not be going for innocent cookies and snacks, and really i think if it was she wouldnt be asking for money to someone elses account.

Understood. Without the comment I wasn't sure if you were directing toward me or elsewhere.

That said, it did bring up an important point, both in terms of California prisons and in prisons in general, male or female: drugs definitely come into play, and so I figured, regardless of who the response was ultimately geared at, this would be a good time to give some further disclosure. My hope (and I am sure your hope is well) is that the more information and, in a sense, case studies are available, the more informed others will be, whether the OP or someone else coming along.

Apologies if I came across different I have a way about me sometimes. I appreciate your input on the issue and hope others will as well, particularly OP.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Doinaight (09-12-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2017, 04:07 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,659 Times in 1,564 Posts

Quote:
My post was really for the OP as maybe he is not as informed as you and I about what go on in prison. My mom who was sending me money was naive and thought that there weren't drugs in prison. Who knows i guess she never watches TV lol. She would have been very disappointed if she thought i was buying drugs with her money. It seems you didnt mind and thats cool. But if the OP does mind or MWI incarcerated(its prob in the post but i cant remember it all) he might not know what his money is being used for. I would send money to someone and have no qualms what they are using it for, but other people might not feel that way. For instance i would send money to a friend and not care but i might not send money to a gf if thought that money was being used for drugs for the simple fact that I was a drug addict and I can not live with someone who when released might continue to use drugs. I guess that might be somewhat selfish but i can't plan on living with someone who would or could negatively influence my sobriety. I have come a long way in the two years i have been out and I don't need to loose that all. By some of the things he asks in the original post it seems he might not be so familiar with prison culture so i was just giving him a head up that his money might not be going for innocent cookies and snacks, and really i think if it was she wouldnt be asking for money to someone elses account.
Also, just to clarify....it wasn't so much that I didn't mind as it was that I wanted to send a message of trust in her and show some faith.

Eventually it was rewarded.

But the trip to get there.....let's just say that part was interesting.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Doinaight (09-13-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
My post was really for the OP as maybe he is not as informed as you and I about what go on in prison.
I am the OP, and thought I would provide an update.

For the record, I have a number of inmate penpals and there was no way that I was going to form a "relationship" with any of them.

Most of the penpals there was no issue as very little could be sent by mail. California prisons are different.

The inmate in question was certainly "hustling" and trying to use me to every advantage she could. I knew this from the beginning, and went along with it to a certain degree because it amused me. I ended up sending her all kinds of stuff, like Valentine cards. Are you familiar with those little Valentine cards that school kids used to give to each other (I am talking 50 years ago . . .). Man, those are hard to come by these days!

I sent her books, calendars, greeting cards, newsletters, etc. I even managed to get a new pair of glasses to her after hers were "lost".

She has successfully served her time and has been released. She did, however, spend a fair amount of time in the SHU as a result of some of her antics. She didn't give me enough details to really know what had happened, but I know that she spent at least two months longer in prison than she would have if she had behaved herself.

Now that she is out I have very little contact with her. I can access her Facebook page so I know she is still around, but I also know that she is using again and making poor life choices.

R. Mc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rmc50 For This Useful Post:
Doinaight (09-13-2017), missingdee (09-12-2017)