Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:42 PM

Default Love those who love you before it's too late

I hope my post doesn't get moved... anyway, my brother passed away last week at such a young age. last night was my brothers viewing, and today was his funeral. We worked together at the hospital and Im not looking forward to going every day without seeing his precious smile. I saw sooooo many family members that I hadn't seen in a while and when I saw them I just realized something...

I've been so caught up in my own world, working, school, loss of my baby, being a prison wife, making sure we are on track for the big D day ( husband's deportation)... I've neglected so many loved ones. I know, life happens, but after my brother passed I was like damn! Im the baby of 12, but out of my 11 siblings, i only talk to the few that live close by. We also have half siblings... and once I leave the country with my husband, I'm not going to see them hardly ever. Maybe once in a blue moon, but it will be hard. I just realized, we shouldn't take anyone or anything for granted. The time that we have, those that love us. We should let them know we love them. Sure, we all have our own lives to live, but we shouldn't neglect those special people either.

I say this because had I not moved back and started to work with my bro, who knows when I would have made the time to even spend time with him I'm not blaming myself or anything but it's a crappy a$$ feeling knowing it took his death for me to have that wake up call... my brothers and sisters all realized that we need to start acting more like a family. We never know what will happen and we should love each other so at the end of the day we will have no regrets, no "if onlys"... it's also given me a deeper love and appreciation for my husband, I don't ever want to lose him or any more of my loved ones, (though I know death is inevitable) y'all know what I mean... sometimes a death shouldn't have taken place... which happened with my beautiful big brother. anyway lots of love, good vibes and peace sent To y'all that take the time to listen to me vent. <3 Blessings!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mrsa77 For This Useful Post:
choclgs (09-20-2017), miamac (09-19-2017), nimuay (09-20-2017), onedayatatime13 (09-20-2017), onparoleinTO (09-19-2017), safran (09-20-2017), sidewalker (09-20-2017), xolady (09-20-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2017, 09:23 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 13,386 Times in 5,188 Posts

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I only have my parents so when they are gone, that's the last of my bio-family. But I have amazing chosen family and I'm finding that since I moved away from them, I'm guilty of letting too much time pass without reaching out. Thank you for the reminder.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I only have my parents so when they are gone, that's the last of my bio-family. But I have amazing chosen family and I'm finding that since I moved away from them, I'm guilty of letting too much time pass without reaching out. Thank you for the reminder.
Aww wow, I read you are caring for your parents? That's so awesome of you. That you took that responsibility. I'm sure it's not easy but I'm sure they feel blessed to have a daughter like you. It's nice that though there's no biological family, you have loved ones that you can call family! Everything happened so unexpectedly for our family. Awful situation that made us all open our eyes, I pray that others can too, before something like this happens and it's too late.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrsa77 For This Useful Post:
miamac (09-19-2017), onedayatatime13 (09-20-2017), sidewalker (09-20-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 10:15 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 13,386 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsa77 View Post
Aww wow, I read you are caring for your parents? That's so awesome of you. That you took that responsibility. I'm sure it's not easy but I'm sure they feel blessed to have a daughter like you.
Yep, live with them and everything. Sometimes I wonder how blessed they feel. My goal is to keep them in their own home and as independent as possible for as long as possible. As stressful as it can be, I am lucky to be getting this time with them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
onedayatatime13 (09-20-2017), xolady (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 06:08 AM

Thanked 3,701 Times in 1,961 Posts

First of all I am sorry for your loss, I know how life gets in the way of all relationships. I'm glad you are realizing how much before it's to late!! Enjoy what you can and try to keep up with friends and family.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
onedayatatime13 (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 06:42 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,100 Times in 12,927 Posts

I just wanted to say, Im so sorry for your loss.

While I do not see my parents that often, I do talk with my dad almost everyday.
My sisters, not as much but they are both busy too. We all still work.
but this is a good reminder to try to keep in touch alot more often.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 09-20-2017, 12:54 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. I have come to see this as well. My family has been my focus the last 7 months especially my children. My mother is very sick and not sure if she months or years. I did reconnect with my brother through all this.

We do tend to get caught up in the minutia of everything. I worked and volunteered a lot over the last four years and now realize I did it to run away from my problems. I wont do that anymore.

As I shifted my focus, I miss my friends a lot, but there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to do everything.

Sending you guys lots of love during this difficult time. Sometimes it take something difficult to shift perspective.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:53 AM

What a beautiful way to honor your brother, to remind others to cherish moments and people, to reconnect with family members 'now', to make time for others. My condolences and thanks for this beautiful reminder. God bless you.