Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Central California Women's Facility located in Chowchilla, California.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 05:47 PM
CALI Gal
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,077 Posts
Default 2012 CCWF Mail Q&A Thread

HERE IS YOUR CCWF 2012 MAIL THREAD

PLEASE POST ANY QUESTIONS OR ANSWERS YOU HAVE
IN REGARDS TO MAIL.
2011 CCWF Mail thread HERE
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 06:16 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,569 Posts

Okay, I'm confused as to the definition of a "writing tablet" because I thought it meant like a pad of paper but the way the mail instructions read make me think it means something else. Can I just send loose sheets, or does it have to be a certain way? Also, what's the max envelope size so I can send her a bunch of stamped envelopes? Thank you.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 02-03-2012, 05:12 PM
CALI Gal
Donation Award 

Tablet means no wire bound or staples etc-just the typical glued top kind. If you want to be safe, loose lined white/yellow sheets should be ok. Also you can mail up to 40 white envelopes and stamps. I used to put the stamps on the envelopes myself. I have attached the file someone posted last yr about mail here for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ccwf reception mail.pdf (185.2 KB, 15 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to his#1 bball fan For This Useful Post:
missingdee (02-06-2012), wanda310 (03-13-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 06:26 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanks. I went ahead and sent off 175 sheets of loose paper and 15 envelopes (stamped) today. If it went through, I won't know for probably 3-4 weeks (GRRRR!) and if it doesn't I'll post here and let people know.

Had one of my letters bounce back today because I forgot the two letters in front of the 4 numbers on her CDCR # (probably was zoned out.) GRRRRRR. You know, I get that it's prison, but if they're going to take forever to get our mail to them....word I got from her friend who wrote me (my gf's bad at writing to begin with and sort of scatter-brained right now because she had to go off her psych meds to try to get in fire camp and she was on some fairly harsh stuff so it'll probably be a few weeks before she starts feeling "normal" again, and by the way, I don't recommend doing what she's doing but she REALLY wants Fire Camp and I guess that's the only way)...like I was saying...her friend said that the word is mail's on a 3 week delay right now, so the letters I sent starting January 26th haven't even reached her yet if that's accurate. I hope she gets them soon because I think that will help. She's got a great friend in there looking out, hasn't asked us for anything money-wise, just asked me to get in touch with her family in Ohio and let them know where she's at (they were very grateful.) So I don't worry quite as much because I know her friend Cee's got her eye on her and once the letters start to stream in I know that will help.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
his#1 bball fan (03-02-2012)
Old 02-13-2012, 03:44 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Hey, does anyone know who I can contact to find out what the slow-down is in the mail room? I've heard they're running up to 3 weeks behind, but it just seems ridiculous to me. Dee wrote me on the 9th and it's heart-breaking because I've been sending letters almost every day since I got her CDCR number on the 26th of January (she got there on the 24th but I couldn't find her in the system until the morning of the 26th) and as of February 9th she hadn't gotten a single one. I know she's going to light up like a Christmas tree when the letters start coming and she realizes that I've been writing her and thinking about her this whole time, but I can just tell reading her letter that because of how slow the mail is she thinks I've forgotten about her "now that (she's) gone." I've read somewhere else about people calling the prison or the mail room directly. Can anyone point me in the direction of who to call? Thank you.
-E

Old 02-25-2012, 10:02 PM
VSP Free Staff
Donation Award 

I saw a lot of mail being delivered on Thursday (23rd).

I've heard that the ridiculous cutbacks we're enduring has left the mail room with little or no staffing to process the incoming mail, thus the delays.

Hopefully things will be catching up soon.

WyreNut
The Following User Says Thank You to WyreNut For This Useful Post:
his#1 bball fan (03-02-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 12:36 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

I know that a few of my letters started hitting the 16th and a few more started hitting in the days following, I'll bet some more hit on the 23rd. Any postponement or other word on that layoff notice Wyre? Hoping you get at least some work still.

I'm also waiting on visiting approval, sent the form off on Feb. 1. Hoping to have approval in time for the weekend of March 24/25 as right now I've got that penciled in as the weekend I make the drive up to see Dee. I know she's been having a really rough go and I think a visit would lift her spirits and get her in gear.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:19 AM
VSP Free Staff
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
I know that a few of my letters started hitting the 16th and a few more started hitting in the days following, I'll bet some more hit on the 23rd. Any postponement or other word on that layoff notice Wyre? Hoping you get at least some work still.
There are rumors that some staff might be getting layoff retraction notices today! Fingers crossed that I see one in the mailbox when I get home from work...

WyreNut
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WyreNut For This Useful Post:
cjg1971 (03-01-2012), missingdee (02-27-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 09:21 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
There are rumors that some staff might be getting layoff retraction notices today! Fingers crossed that I see one in the mailbox when I get home from work...

WyreNut
Here's hoping my friend.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Donation Award 

I've got my fingers crossed for you Wyrenut.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:30 PM
VSP Free Staff
Donation Award 

Thanks all for the good luck sent my way - it worked! I received a retraction letter (even before my sups. knew about it!)

I'm still employed for the time being. I may need your magic again in the near future... :-)

WyreNut
wanda310 (03-13-2012)
Old 03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
Thanks all for the good luck sent my way - it worked! I received a retraction letter (even before my sups. knew about it!)

I'm still employed for the time being. I may need your magic again in the near future... :-)

WyreNut
Hey, as long as the magic keeps working, we'll keep sending it your way. Glad to hear it

Old 03-14-2012, 12:00 AM

Does anyone know how my sister in law can give me guardianship of her children while she is in Chowchilla? She got 10 years and I've had her kids for a year already. Is there a notary on the Prison grounds?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:47 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Hey, just wanted to report that some of my letters I've sent to CCWF this month have somehow gotten to my girl and her friend in less than 7 days. Not sure if this is a fluke or what but hopefully this is the way it continues. And despite the date today, no, this is NOT an April Fools joke.

The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
his#1 bball fan (04-01-2012)
Old 04-01-2012, 03:13 PM
CALI Gal
Donation Award 

Wanda-I would call the prison directly to ask them. Where my hubby was at they did. The notary would come by every so often a month and the inmate would have to sign up to see them. Good luck!

That's awesome MD!!

Last edited by his#1 bball fan; 04-01-2012 at 03:14 PM..
Old 05-03-2012, 12:04 AM

Question What can i send in mail to CCWF???

Can i send stamps and envelopes and paper to my daughter on receiving yard at CCWF? I dont know what to do. She has money on her books but can she get quarterly packagesthanks!! in receiving?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:58 PM

My experience with the mail coming and going from CCWF has been going lately. My fiance has been at CCWF since March 14 of this year. I have been writing her daily and usually mailing it out the next day. In the beginnig she was getting her mail in about a week to a week and a half. Which wasn't to bad. At that point I had also been sending her postcards like I used to do when she was at CIW. What I didn't know was that I needed to put my return address on those cards so she never received the 10 I sent. I had never put my address on any of the ones I sent to CIW and she was getting those without a problem. No big loss other then 10 cards and 10 stamps. So she was getting mail ok till the beginning of April. That's when I got into some trouble and spent 30 days in county. While in there I sent her a 3 letters knowing most likely she wouldnt get any but to my surprise she received 2 out of 3. With the first one being returned to me with corresponds needs to be approved stamp. Now to May I started writing her as soon as I got home and mailed it out along with a stationary pack for her on May 2nd. I also started sending her postcards every couple days so she has something to read and take her away from there if only for a minute or two. As of today she has received the stationary pack which was delivered to her on the 16th two weeks after I mailed it. She has also received the cards I have been sending but has yet to get any letters. Now today being the 23rd, 3 weeks from when i sent my first letters I can't believe she still hasn't got 1. I've been getting letters from her every couple days so I'm fine with it. But in her letters I can tell that even though the cards help the not getting any letters is starting to get to her. After getting the letter today telling me that another inmate that is housed with her got mail from the 12th and 14th of this month I decided to call the mail room and ask what is going on. The phone call turned out to be a waste of time and only made me more frustrated with the whole situation. The person that answered was rude as soon as she answered the phone. Then while talking to her all she kept doing was cutting me off telling me that the mail is backed up. When I told her about my fiances roommate and her answer was "I don't know what to tell you". Now I understsnd that they're most likely under staffed and with as many inmates located there maill must be a mess. What I don't get is how could mail post marked almost 2 weeks after mine was be getting processed first? And how could a stationary pack filled with envelopes,stamps,cards,and sodukos be searched and processed before a 2 page letter? Just seems to me like there is a huge problem in the mail room and the whole process is pardon my language is ass backwards. I wish there was more I could do to speed it up but it looks like for now we're stuck with it just the way it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to darlas.dude For This Useful Post:
Lbabygurl78 (06-15-2013)
Old 05-25-2012, 06:01 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,100 Times in 12,927 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamel View Post
Can i send stamps and envelopes and paper to my daughter on receiving yard at CCWF? I dont know what to do. She has money on her books but can she get quarterly packagesthanks!! in receiving?

Hi Mamamel......
I moved your thread to this forum hoping you can get more info in here, specific to ccwf.

As I understand it, she wont be able to get packages yet while in reception.
After that she can if she mainlines there.
You should be able to send her paper, stamps, and envelopes tho.
Double check this thread and the forum here for better info

(btw, welcome to PTO, and hope we can help)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
his#1 bball fan (05-30-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,557 Times in 711 Posts

Well its September 2012 and yes the mail is slower than ever. It looks like its running about 2-3 weeks behind incoming to CCWF and wow like 2 -3 weeks with outgoing mail, . What can the hold up be with outgoing mail? Sheer cruelty!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:49 PM
VSP Free Staff
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq View Post
Well its September 2012 and yes the mail is slower than ever. It looks like its running about 2-3 weeks behind incoming to CCWF and wow like 2 -3 weeks with outgoing mail, . What can the hold up be with outgoing mail? Sheer cruelty!
The Prison system is undergoing restaffing all over the place. Folks being laid off/being transferred to other positions/seniority bumping to avoid being laid off. Basically, it's in disarray!

I was slated to be laid off in February, now I'm back in demand with others being hired behind me! You can blame AB109/The US Supreme Court/Jerry Brown/etc. for all the radical changes.

All of this is a sorry excuse for the mail dragging...

WyreNut
his#1 bball fan (10-04-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by his#1 bball fan View Post
Tablet means no wire bound or staples etc-just the typical glued top kind. If you want to be safe, loose lined white/yellow sheets should be ok. Also you can mail up to 40 white envelopes and stamps. I used to put the stamps on the envelopes myself. I have attached the file someone posted last yr about mail here for you.
----------------

25-5o Colored, printed, or white stationary *01 Calendar sheets are permitted, no pads, up to 500 sheets;

1) why does it say "up to 500 sheet"
2) what is 25+50 colored means?
3) can I actually send a any calendar 9x12?
Old 10-09-2012, 06:11 PM
CALI Gal
Donation Award 

Amala- inmate can receive 25-500 loose sheets of paper, whether colored, printed, or white stationary. And yes, a calendar is permitted also please note what they say:

"IF YOUR FAMILY HAS QUESTIONS ABOUT MAIL, THEY SHOULD CALL THE MAILROOM SERGEANT AT: (559) 665-5531 EXTENSION 7814 BEFORE MAIL IS SENT."

Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 AM

The mail is behind 4 weeks but postcards are your option to send a quick note to your love ones. they get there within a week
Old 10-29-2012, 06:46 PM

Default Envelopes ??

Hello newbie here, I been able to get in touch with
My friend that's in CCWF, still in reception.
Last letter she mentioned that she needed
envelopes/paper. I know I can send 40, but how do I
send then exactly (package wise)?

I have send stamps too, and so far she's
Getting then, in about 10-14 days.

Thank You For The Help!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:20 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,040 Times in 13,528 Posts

I've moved your post to the 2012 CCWF Mail Q&A Thread
Closed Thread