Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Central California Women's Facility located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,943 Times in 2,166 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by calidude02 View Post
Are we allowed to send pictures, stamps and letters all in one envelope?
I would send letters in another envelope.
The max weight is 13 oz. with a postal stamp to that effect. Try and stay a little under as it is according to their scale.
Always write the cdc number on stamp books.
I would also write what is enclosed within the envelope in your letter.
Some people not only date their letters but number then so they know if one goes missing.Thay have been known to at times.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziegrl1975 View Post
My friend just got transferred to ccwf from vsp. Any ideas how I can find out her housing info so I can send her mail, other than waiting for her to write me?
Call the prison if you have her birthday they well tell you ,,
Old 01-24-2015, 11:37 AM

FYI, I received mail from my Wife within less than a week of her being at CCWF. I know that will not be the case with her getting mail. But, just wanted to pass it on. I had also called CCWF to get her CDC#, housing#, and bed#. They were very friendly and helpful.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:15 PM

Might have spoke too soon. Haven't received anything in 1 week and a half. Sucks because I don't know if she just can't write, or if she did and it's held up, or if she needs supplies. I might send her a tablet, envelopes, and stamps, but I'm not sure how long she'll be in there. I'm assuming the sell that stuff at the commissary ?
Old 04-26-2015, 04:33 PM

I had been writing a penpal for a few months while she was at the Orange County Jail. About a month ago she was transferred to Chowchilla.

I have sent 6 letters to her since she was transferred.
I have received two from her, wondering why I haven't written here.
All but the first letter to her had her housing information on it. So it appears that there is a significant delay.

I have heard the postcards get through quicker because they don't need to be searched for contraband, so I am sending one of these off in the morning.
rmc
Old 04-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Account Closed

So in late March/early April, you have sent 6 letters to her? And she has responded (with you receiving them) to 2 of those letters? I sent my penpal a letter on March 31st and I still haven't received a response. The letter was only one page too. And then I sent another short one-page letter on April 10th. Would the second letter cause a delay in the first letter being processed? (ie. if the first letter was not done processing, they would have to wait to process the second letter as well so that she receives both of them at the same time). IOW, it would take DOUBLE the time to process the first letter?

Isn't the delay little now that the holidays are over?

Or should I give up and stop sending letters?

Last edited by calidude02; 04-26-2015 at 05:14 PM..
Old 04-26-2015, 05:27 PM

She had been at Orange County jail, apparently for years, prior to her case getting finished and then she was transferred to Chowchilla in late March.

Prior to her leaving Orange County she mailed me a lot of her personal papers as she couldn't take anything with her.

I had been checking the "inmate locator" and once she popped up as being at Chowchilla I sent a letter, but I didn't have any housing information.

Once she got to Chowchilla I received a letter from her that I received on April 9th, which I believe she had sent April 3rd.

So I started sending her stuff back to her. I sent a letter on the 9th, 13, 14, 15, 21, and 23rd.

On the 23rd I received a second letter from her, which she had dated Arpil 18th and was postmarked the 20th. So it appears that outgoing mail is not delayed much.

In the letter she said that she still has not heard from me. So a letter I dropped at the main post office on April 9th hadn't arrived by the 18th. I live in the same state, not that far away, so I doubt that the post office has that much delay!

rmc
Old 05-11-2015, 02:50 PM

Finally got a response from my inmate penpal that reference something I sent her: The letter I sent on 4/9/15 was received on 4/28/15. So about a 2 week delay getting through the Chowchilla mail room.

R.Mc.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Life Lovin Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,233 Times in 1,383 Posts
Default Jpay at CCWF- Question regarding email

I see that Jpay Email is now available for my 2 loved ones at CCWF. I am not sure if either of the ladies has a tablet though. If I send them an email and tbey do not have a tablet will they get a print out of it or something? Does anyone know how this would work?
Old 07-24-2017, 01:10 PM

I know it's been a couple of weeks since you posted this and that there are other JPay email threads scattered about but in case your question hasn't been answered, here goes: There are kiosks set up in the facilities for all to use, similar to the pay phones. They can read their emails there and request a printout, which according to my niece at CCWF, takes about 4 days to get to her. I believe they are printed out by the mailroom. Hope that helps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 500_Trudy For This Useful Post:
kz_cali (08-15-2017), sidewalker (07-29-2017), Tina (07-25-2017)