Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Central California Women's Facility located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:38 PM

Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default CCWF Newbie Q & A Thread

If you are new to this prison and you have any questions, please use this for any general questions you may have that do not fit in any of the other Q&A threads!

Please try to stay on topic!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 PM

I have a question. My sister in law is busted at Chowchilla. She has severe asthma and isn't being properly medicated. Who can I called at the prison to make a complaint. My sister in law has poor health. She had a heart attack at age 16. She only has one lung and bad bad asthma. Please help me. If someone could provide me with a phone number and extension I would greatly appreciate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to wanda310 For This Useful Post:
RFlaggNY (07-25-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 04:21 PM
Shirley n Angel 4EVER

Hi ladies Im new to this site. I have a question his CCWF the prison that is turning to all males now. The reason Im asking his cause my boyfriend said he might get transferred here and I was wondering so i can start planning ahead for visits. Hope someone can help me. Thank you
Old 03-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Shirley n Angel 4EVER

Default Traveling

Hi maybe somebody can help. Do you know of the closes airport to fly in to chowchilla? Thanks for any information.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGIRL123 View Post
Hi maybe somebody can help. Do you know of the closes airport to fly in to chowchilla? Thanks for any information.
Fresno would be the closest, a little less than an hour's drive.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Hi ladies Im new to this site. I have a question his CCWF the prison that is turning to all males now. The reason Im asking his cause my boyfriend said he might get transferred here and I was wondering so i can start planning ahead for visits. Hope someone can help me. Thank you
No, you're thinking of Valley State Women's Prison, which is across the street.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:21 AM
Shirley n Angel 4EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcres View Post
no, you're thinking of valley state women's prison, which is across the street.
thank you for the information
Old 06-11-2013, 01:50 AM

Hi, I'm new to this. =( My wife was transferred from county to Chowchilla last week. I don't yet know which facility. She was sent to Chowchilla for a 90 day observation after which she would return to county for final sentencing. She had several bags of property that a friend was supposed to pick up at county before she was transferred but the friend didn't make it in time. We were told that her property went with her to Chowchilla. Someone at county said that Chowchilla would either store it, mail it to the address on my wife's file, or throw it out. =( Once I find out which facility she is in (she's not in inmate locator yet) is there a particular department to call to find out what is going to happen to her property? Thank you.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:38 PM

Does anyone know how it's decided if you will be sent to ccwf or ciw? how do they determine whether you get sent to either one?
Old 06-30-2013, 09:41 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,561 Times in 13,148 Posts

dandc, I'd probably call the facility.
Im not entirely sure what dept you would need to call, but I'd call and explain the situation. Plan to be on the phone for a while. Call early in the day, cause it seems they start early and leave early as well.
(also plan on your call being transferred around as well)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 07-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Hurting On The Inside

Default Worried About my baby Sisters Arrival to Chowchilla

My sister just got transferd to chowchilla on the 9th she is serving 8 yrs there. She is so young only 20, im just really worried about her saftey. I pray to god that she has no problems in there because she is so young and others will think she is weak. I dont know what its like in tjete but my cousin just got released from serving 17 yrs in chowchilla and it seems like she dont want to really say much about how it is in there, and it seems to me like shes worried too because i over heard her talking to someone about saying somthing about sending a Kite . I looked up what that ment and i guess its a message? I just need advice im so worried . And my sister took $200 with her to chowchilla and she wrote me yesterday saying she cant get it untill 30 days that got me more worried. I dont know what to do im stressed
Old 07-19-2013, 09:24 AM

Donation Award 

I'd write to her. (that could be considered a kite too I'd guess)
But write. It will help.
She's in what I understand is reception and cant do much (like go to commisary (sp)which is where the money part come in) I think reception inmates can go to canteen/commisary once a month.
Unless things have changed, you should be able to send her postage, envelopes, paper. I am not sure about pens. Its all dependent on the facility. (some allow it, others dont)

She will have more freedom once she mainlines.
Hang in sis.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 07-31-2013, 02:54 AM
Banned

Hello, my partner is in CCWF and I have some of questions I hope someone can answer.

Packages:
Can I only buy from site per quarter? Like if I want the some items from packages r us and another from secure pack can I? As long as its under the eight requirement?
Can I do special order at anytime? Like as I get money can I buy her Electronics?
Can I buy boxers? I've looked on few of the sites and I know they carry them but can I order them for a female?

Visiting:
Has anyone ever got anything notarized during visiting hours? Or know if that's possible?
Complaint process? I had some issues when I went to go see her this past Sunday. It was my first time & they were, rude, unhelpful & inconsistent with the enforcement of dress code. I saw a comments form but it seems to be for suggestions & recognition more than complaints.
Has anyone gone thorough the family visit process?

Thank you in advance any tips or anything would be helpful right now because I am lost I have never been through this before.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:00 AM
Banned

Smile

Hello. As far as money goes my partner went there with around $300 and she was able to spend some of it but they can't really shop in reception so then they took I think $65. Kites are like sending notes but I would encourage her not too do that I heard they can get untroubled for that. My partner says she hasn't had too many problems in there. She said it feel like high school all over again but with only females. Don't worry about her age there are lots of youngster ones in there from what I have heard, the system likes to catch them early. Don't stress the best way to support her is to send as much mail as you can. Postcards get through quicker when they don't throw them away. That's another thing the mail takes like 3 weeks to get to them. But postcards go the fasted, again that if they don't find a reason to throw it away.

Hope that was helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz.saenz559 View Post
My sister just got transferd to chowchilla on the 9th she is serving 8 yrs there. She is so young only 20, im just really worried about her saftey. I pray to god that she has no problems in there because she is so young and others will think she is weak. I dont know what its like in tjete but my cousin just got released from serving 17 yrs in chowchilla and it seems like she dont want to really say much about how it is in there, and it seems to me like shes worried too because i over heard her talking to someone about saying somthing about sending a Kite . I looked up what that ment and i guess its a message? I just need advice im so worried . And my sister took $200 with her to chowchilla and she wrote me yesterday saying she cant get it untill 30 days that got me more worried. I dont know what to do im stressed
Old 09-12-2013, 08:42 PM

Default CCWF ACP program can anyone help me with details?

My wife is currently inside ccwf and I have been told she is close to going to comity. Has anyone or know anyone who went through it and had the state help with costs outside of prison such as for counseling?
Old 09-15-2013, 10:18 AM

Donation Award 

ACP (alternative custody program) info is located here
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Parole/ACP.html

I dont know personally but I hope it works for you guys.
It sounds better than prison, at least.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 05-13-2014, 09:27 PM

I have a relative at ccwf who's in reception. Is it possible to visit her w/o approval??
Old 05-14-2014, 12:16 AM

You need approval.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Chowchilla has an airport, but it's not much more than a runway: http://www.airnav.com/airport/2O6

Next closest is Madera (http://www.airnav.com/airport/KMAE) which has a couple of FBOs, 100LL on site, etc.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:31 PM

Good evening everyone!! I had a serious question and I wanted to know if anyone could help me.

I had a friend that got arressted because she was having sex and was sending naked pictures of herself to this 14 year old boy that was in Foster Care in a group home where she worked. In March they sent her to Chowchilla and I wanted to know what happens to females that go to chowchilla with a crime like this? Do you think her safety is at risk?
Old 09-25-2014, 06:58 PM

Question Can she receive anything in reception???

All I want to know is if my mom, who is still in reception can receive mail????? No where in this website have I been able to get an answer to this specific question? When can she send us visitation forms for us to fill out? Also, my mom asks for writing supplies (pens) and I am not sure if I can send her any since I cannot find answer to that question either.

I feel it is very important that they address these issues on their website since for family and for inmate the first days of losing her to prison are the up most difficult.

I have no idea if I send her an inmate package by one of your authorized vendors if she will even receive them while still in reception. She doesn't say in any of her letters that she has received any correspondence from us and we have been sending her letters.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:25 PM
It's Not Funny Anymore

She can get paper, envelopes and stamps, it's probably best that you get her the stamped envelopes. Last I heard they couldn't receive pens in the stationary packs anymore and I think thats about standard through out the state, She won't be able to get her quarterly.special purchase packages until she is endorsed and classified. And yes she should be getting her mail but I don't know if the mailroom is backed up there or not, it takes a minute especially when they first get into reception and it's very frustrating for them and for the families when the mail is so slow but if your writing her then it will catch up to her. When she goes to program (means get out of her room) she can ask for the visiting forms but she has to be sure to sign,date and put her cdcr # on it then she can mail them out to you. Hang in there she'll get your letters!! Mailroom is probably under staffed!!! Be sure when you send a stationary pack out that on the back you write exactly what is in there and how many! The paper should be loose notebook paper, I don't send loose stamps anymore sometimes they lose them, so I buy pre-stamped envelopes. 1 stationary pack a week I think. Hope this helps. where the stickeys are here on this site should be all your info for chowchilla too

~ Enough is Enough~

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unique Ways For This Useful Post:
DeeSadie (10-27-2014), Veroeyes (10-07-2014)
Old 10-07-2014, 06:42 PM

Default Processing at CCWF

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
If you are new to this prison and you have any questions, please use this for any general questions you may have that do not fit in any of the other Q&A threads!

Please try to stay on topic!!!
Hello, my daughter will be transferring to CCWF from a County Jail in a couple of weeks. I'm looking for information related to the "processing" phase and what to expect. I've heard it can take months to be processed and she won't be able to make calls or have visits during this time. Can anyone confirm this or provide any further info?
Thanks!
Old 10-07-2014, 08:22 PM

Thanked 1,055 Times in 509 Posts

I can't help much with Ca. I think there are some parents on here from Ca that can give you some information. Not sure if it would be the same prison your daughter will be going to. You might go ahead and read even the old information for where she is going.

Welcome. I'm glad you found us.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:50 PM

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,190 Posts

Hi and welcome - My son is in prison here in CA but I don't know anything about the women's prisons. However, there is an active member on the CA forum whose wife was at Chowchilla until fairly recently. His user name is "mikeq". You might look him up and send him a PM with your questions. He seems well informed and helpful. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to tglsmom For This Useful Post:
DeeSadie (10-27-2014)