Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) - Chowchilla Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Central California Women's Facility located in Chowchilla, California.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:02 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,569 Posts
Default CCWF Release Procedure Q & A

The current Dress-Out Procedures at CCWF, according to the Sargent in R&R, is as follows:

-You can order through a provider such as Union Supply Direct or Walkenhorsts or Access, but you are allowed to purchase clothing and ship it in personally.
-You need to make sure, if you are sending the clothing in ahead of time, that it gets there 30 days prior to the inmate's out date to allow time for processing.
-ONLY SEND CLOTHING. Shoes, socks, shirts, pants, underwear. No contraband. So no cigarettes. No electronic devices (mp3 players, cell phones, radio, etc.) Bring any of that stuff with you in the car (and don't bring anything with you that wouldn't ordinarily be allowed in your car.....I get that weed is legal in California now, but it's still against CDCR policy to bring any on grounds....this should be common sense, but there's always that one person who does it anyway....)
-If you cannot get dress-outs in 30 days prior, you may bring them with you and give them to R&R upon your arrival, though this may delay final processing for your loved one if you don't get there early enough.

This is as much information as I've got for now. Release coming soon....if I learn anything else I will update this thread.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (11-20-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2016, 06:40 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,116 Times in 12,934 Posts

And if you do send clothing you purchased from a store, mark the box on all sides: DRESS OUTS.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
missingdee (12-08-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 11:18 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
And if you do send clothing you purchased from a store, mark the box on all sides: DRESS OUTS.
Whoops, I only marked it on the box on one side (very large, can't miss it) and on a print-out that I taped to another side of the box specifying what was in the box, the inmate's name and CDCR ID #, and the expected release date.....but the marking was big and on a part of the box that won't get opened, so hopefully that'll be adequate. I also included a sheet of paper inside the box detailing the box's contents and specifying they're dress-out clothing. About 3 weeks too late to do anything about it now, so let's hope they're not dum-dums.....
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

sidewalker (12-11-2016)
Old 12-11-2016, 09:52 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 25,116 Times in 12,934 Posts

lol. NO guarantee on that. (dumdums)
I'd bring an extra set just in case. One would THINK you would have rec'd it back by now saying blah blah blah if it was three weeks ago. (again, no telling with cdcr)

I know my hub told me he got notice that he had a parcel waiting for him in receiving.
(ok pretty sure. I'll ask him tonight)

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
missingdee (12-19-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 02:55 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Night before when she got her ducat they also informed her that she had a parole box waiting for dress-out. Apparently the girls were taking bets all night regarding the following things.
1.) Whether or not the clothes would actually fit (they did! Comfortably!)
2.) Whether or not the clothes would look good (they did! She said "I couldn't believe how cute they looked!")
3.) Whether or not she would need to buy any replacement clothing on the way home (nope!)

I won. LOL! I was actually shocked, I had ALL her sizes perfect based solely on eyeballing it in-store. Though granted, I've worked in womens fashion most of my working life, so I have some ideas about fit, but still, not an easy task!

Back to topic, to re-iterate.....make sure the box is well-marked with "PAROLE BOX" and inmate info. on it, preferably on as many places as possible, and make sure it gets there no less than 30 days before the release date.

sidewalker (03-09-2017)