Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Texas Tornado
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,185 Times in 606 Posts
Default Welcome - This Forum is for TEXAS PAROLE PACKET Information

Hi everyone and Welcome!

I wanted to let you all know what this forum is all about. We all have questions or have had question on how we can help our loved ones with gaining parole. Parole Packets and support letters are a good way to show support. There are also other ways that the inmate can help themselves also to be granted the priviliage of Parole. Although nothing is guarantee in what we do, it sure doesn't hurt. Any type of positive support is helpful.

What belongs in this forum.

Anything to do with Support Letters and Parole packets.

If you have questions post them here or even Ideas post them here.

We would like this to be an information forum where we can come look at others ideas things they have done.

If there is any other parole question please post them in the Parole and Probation forum.

We would like this to be a one stop shop in helping others, ourselves and our loved ones with the parole preparation process.

If you have ideas or have done certain things to help your loved one please let us know.

We are all here to help each other.

Thanks from the Texas Team.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MoMo For This Useful Post:
asmom (01-07-2012), jesingle (08-01-2010), Lety_JDLO (07-03-2010), Queen0921 (06-20-2010), rebelkid (08-17-2009), so sad (01-17-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2005, 09:56 PM

Wonderful idea!!

First question--where do we start when trying to help? Can someone help me with which steps to take, in what order, and when?

The first review ended up with a DMS, and the second one is coming up in August, 2006.

I'll look forward to hearing what others have done that has worked. Thanks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shatsy For This Useful Post:
mrslee5 (02-18-2012), Trish1 (02-21-2018), wandamaloy (07-09-2013)
Old 12-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Texas Tornado
Donation Award 

Take a look around the forum and it will give you some ideas to do. Have you written support letters? Has he taken classes?

Good luck on the next review!
Old 01-06-2006, 08:45 PM

My friend, I believe, is up for a parole review in June of 2006. He has been a model prisoner, taken classes, done what he is supposed to do and then some. The problems: 1) No family, friends to parole to; 2) No job to go to. What are his chances? This was his first offense. He had never been in trouble before.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Texas Tornado
Donation Award 

Usually the chances of parole are the first time up 25% chance second 50% and so on. A lot of variables come to play with that also. Crime, history, cases and adjustment. All in all there is no guarentee that one will make parole. Kind of like no method to the madness so to speak.

Help him by writing support letters. Prove to the board that he had changed. It would be a good idea that he would write one for himeself also. They need to know he has changed and won't reoffend.

Good luck on the review!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Waiting since 8/3/05...=(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk2001
Usually the chances of parole are the first time up 25% chance second 50% and so on. A lot of variables come to play with that also. Crime, history, cases and adjustment. All in all there is no guarentee that one will make parole. Kind of like no method to the madness so to speak.

Help him by writing support letters. Prove to the board that he had changed. It would be a good idea that he would write one for himeself also. They need to know he has changed and won't reoffend.

Good luck on the review!

You said it is a good idea to write a letter himself....who should he write it to?? And what should this letter say? (he is at the holliday unit right now, but dont know for how long he will be there.) thanks.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Telford2Home-2017 or less

Default Great Advice!!!

Thank you for this advice, mlk2001! I am in the process of debating whether or not to go for a common law marriage to my fiance or to concentrate on getting him paroled. I'm new to all of this and after over a year "with" him, I really want him out of there but while he's there I want him to be as happy as possible so he will have the motivation to work toward getting out of there! I'm still looking around for all necessary contacts and information so if anyone has anything to share that I may have overlooked, feel free to share. I just started focusing on this over the weekend so I pretty much have nothing at this point except the drive and desire to bring my Anthony home!

May God bless all of you and your loved ones!
lmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk2001

Good luck on the review!
We are together forever in our hearts.
:love: 2 :love:
Old 06-28-2009, 07:16 PM
julylady58

Default What if he ran?

My husband did 3 years of his 15 years for 'theft of check.' He got out and did his parole. Then he moved in with a crazy woman and her son called the police on him one night when he though my hubby had hit his mama and they put him back in jail and then parole and he quit going to his parole office (some kind of miscommunication) and he went to California and met and married me. Then someone (I dont know who) turned him in and Texas came and picked him up and took him away, back to Texas to Byrd and now we are waiting for the hearing (what hearing, I have no idea) but we have a lawyer and he ain't cheap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo View Post

Good luck on the review!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:35 AM

Default question

A parol officer came to my house asking questions. Does this mean my husban is almost getting released. How would I know when? Ia sked her and she said she couldnt release any inforMATION/ cAN SOMEONE help me please!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:03 PM
NurseWife

They are working on it. They come out to the home to make sure it is a legit address and to make sure the person they put down as paroling to is okay with the offender going there. Then they will send in on the report if they feel the address to parole to is okay or not for approval.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelTRN44 View Post
They are working on it. They come out to the home to make sure it is a legit address and to make sure the person they put down as paroling to is okay with the offender going there. Then they will send in on the report if they feel the address to parole to is okay or not for approval.
Will they contact my landlord if I am going to bring in my ex-husband to parole to my house? I do not want my landlord to freak out because I wasnt going to tell him that he would parole here but just staying here.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:49 PM

Parole ????? Does it exist in Texas? I was under the understanding that it no longer was a possibility.

Jude's Mom - Freida

Old 02-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Texas Tornado
Donation Award 

Yes it is very real possibility. There is only two sentences that can't make parole and the is "life with out parole" or the death sentence.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:18 PM

Question Packet without inmate's letter-Pointless?

My husband wrote and said he saw his parole counselor, and to send the packet, now! Problem is, I still haven't received his letter. I'm thinking about just sending the letters I've collected to the IPO, the Parole Board in his region, Austin, and Huntsville. Should I send them as a packet presentation, without his letter? Or just send them as a batch of letters, or individually? I've worked my tail off compiling all this..you'd think he has the time to write a letter on his own behalf!!! (his nickname is HardHead)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tedsgal For This Useful Post:
Lost boy 1980 (04-01-2015), luckeytango (01-29-2009), mrslee5 (02-18-2012)
Old 03-27-2006, 02:51 PM

Default job on release

I have a dumb question. How do you assure a parole board that your family member will have a job on release. Do you just ask around if someone would hire him (her)?

Lori in TX
Old 11-09-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Parole Packets

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedsgal
My husband wrote and said he saw his parole counselor, and to send the packet, now! Problem is, I still haven't received his letter. I'm thinking about just sending the letters I've collected to the IPO, the Parole Board in his region, Austin, and Huntsville. Should I send them as a packet presentation, without his letter? Or just send them as a batch of letters, or individually? I've worked my tail off compiling all this..you'd think he has the time to write a letter on his own behalf!!! (his nickname is HardHead)
Where do you get the parole packets?
Old 08-02-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedsgal View Post
Did you ever get a response to this question?? Im in the same boat?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Texas Tornado
Donation Award 

You would need to get someone (business) to write a letter stating he has a job when he is released. It could be the place he worked before. Or jobs that you know would hire him. In our case it was family member that has a business that is willing to hire him. So it really could be anyone.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:50 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I called the 1/800 number to get his parole info. It only gave his initial parole review date. How can I find his Parloe hearing date and can I attend?
Old 04-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTROROMOM
Thanks for the clarification. I called the 1/800 number to get his parole info. It only gave his initial parole review date. How can I find his Parloe hearing date and can I attend?
Go to parolesource.com and purchase his CPR. They will provide you with all his latest information regarding his review date and parole date along with his realease date. It will give his Good Time credit and His work time along with programs he has completed. Good Luck!
Queen0921 (06-20-2010)
Old 01-31-2008, 01:29 AM
Life is like a spliff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTROROMOM
1/800 number??? May I have it???

I want to help out my guy with his parole, but I don't have any of his parole info whatsoever. I'm thinking that the 800 number would be a good start! All I know is that he's elegible for parole this year, (this is his second time), maybe sometime mid-year.

I've started a letter of support for him, and by the looks of it I don't necessarily have to submit it with a parole packet, is that correct?? My guy's at Hughes Unit in Gatesville, so will he be reviewed by the Gatesville board?? Lastly, can I discuss his parole process with him via letters?? Can I send him the parole packet forms so he could fill 'em out himself?? That's the only way I can discuss his cases, and well, pretty much anything, and I don't know if that's even allowed, or advised? ... Please direct me!

Last edited by CHELpea; 01-31-2008 at 01:47 AM..
Old 02-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Donation Award 

ChelPea, I discussed my husband's parole packet, etc. with him via snail mail because, like you, that was the only way I could do it. These guys have lost control over virtually every aspect of their lives. I know my husband enjoyed the fact that he could take back some control by making decisions about his parole packet and all that goes with that.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Life is like a spliff...

thanks crone! i'm hoping that i hear from him soon because he should be answering some of my questions regarding his parole... for starters, i need to know when the parole members should be making a decision. i have a feelin he's met with his ipo already, i dunno, but like i said, i hope i hear from him soon!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Donation Award 

There's really no way to know when they will be making their decision. Throughout the years I've called the parole status line anywhere from six months before he was up for parole to the day before the board rendered their decision and was always told, "his file has been pulled for review. Call back in 30 days).

There is no 'hearing' so to speak in Texas. Attorneys will often get a 'attendance with the Queen (PB member)". I see this as a good thing because clearly they (the Gatesville Board) aren't reading the support letters or the inmate's file. I'm more than a little jaded about this issue given that we have now suffered our 5th denial from the PB.

In any event, go ahead and send in your support letter(s). Hopefully there will be a board member that is a little curious or even interested in reading something positive about the inmate.

Last edited by Crone; 02-03-2008 at 08:57 AM..
Old 03-27-2006, 04:56 PM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

They do not actually have a hearing in Texas - they will interview him a couple of months prior to his parole eligibility date. All you can do is send support letters and/or a parole packet. And ask everyone you know that will write one to do so too.

Good luck to yall!